Verified Expert in Engineering
Kotlin, Spring, Java, Linux
The most amazing...
...thing was when the client's head of IT asked to use my estimation engine for pricing—it was faster and 100% accurate as compared to manual work.
Senior Staff Developer
- Developed a system to value the trillions of dollars in assets of a multinational bank in minutes for any selected denomination.
- Designed an estimation engine for a health insurer that was more accurate than the (then current) pricing engine.
- Increased the efficiency of an in-house reporting task force by 300% for a data technology client.
- Developed a front end compliant with the web content accessibility guidelines (WCAG) level AA for a national credit card issuer.
- Created a visualization system to see the (relative) employee efficiency of over 400 healthcare systems.
- Modernized the handling of ACORD data for a national commercial insurer. While developing the new system, we discovered two critical issues with the current systems during a side-by-side comparison.
Captricity (now Vidado)
- Split up a monolithic computer vision service into four services.
- Created a performance testing framework so that the QA department could execute performance tests against any system and environment.
- Resolved several critical performance issues (one within my first week of joining) that if left unresolved would have led to service level agreement damages in the hundreds of thousands of dollars.
- Integrated with a documentation-less mainframe to create a system capable of creating over 400 account statements in minutes for a large multinational bank.
- Created an infrastructure-as-code system to deploy an application with a database before the advent of Docker.
- Resolved a severe bug in AWS cloud-formation that prevented resources from being freed. This bug had been open for over four months and the resources that hadn't been freed were billed to the client, a major airline.
- Reduced the monthly workload of the human resources department by 16 hours through automation.
- Maintained a daily ETL system for item indexing in a large scale auction house in the automotive space.
- Parallelized a single-threaded supply-chain management system for a multinational retailer.
Health Care Cost Estimatorhttps://my.providerfinderonline.com/?ci=IL-NOEX-PUBNETS
I was the lead developer for this project and, alongside general development, also created a tool to make side-by-side comparisons against the legacy pricing engine. This project's general success led to it becoming the primary source of prices in the client architecture despite not being a goal of the project.
Discover Credit Card Applicationhttps://www.discovercard.com/application/website/apply?srcCde=KXPA
I was the lead developer for this project.
I was the lead developer for this project. The system needed to value assets that ranged from personal holdings to billions of dollars worth of varied asset types. It processed every portfolio in a matter of minutes (even less when we dedicated more machines to computation).
JUnit, Spring, Spring Boot, Spring Security, Hibernate, Spark, Ruby on Rails (RoR), Django, Angular, Hadoop
JDK 8, Jenkins, Concourse CI, Gradle, Chef, Celery, MATLAB, FreeMarker, Bamboo, Apache HTTP Server, NGINX, Apache Maven
Test-driven Development (TDD), Unit Testing, Agile, REST, Microservices, Design Patterns, RESTful Development, ETL
Back-end, Computer Science, Mathematics, Cloud, APIs, Architecture, Full-stack, Project Leadership, Technical Leadership, Data Architecture, RESTful Services, API Design, CI/CD Pipelines, Healthcare Software, Leadership, Finance, Networking, Machine Learning, Artificial Intelligence (AI), Startups, High-tech Startups, Data Warehousing, Data Engineering, Data Warehouse Design
JOOQ, REST APIs, AMQP, React, JMS
Linux, Unix, VMware Tanzu Application Service (TAS) (Pivotal Cloud Foundry (PCF)), Amazon Web Services (AWS), Docker, Kubernetes, New Relic
Databases, PostgreSQL, MariaDB, MySQL, RDBMS, Google Cloud, MarkLogic, Redis, MongoDB, Datadog
Bachelor of Science Degree in Mathematics and Computer Science
University of Chicago - Chicago, IL, United States