Verified Expert in Engineering
Christian is a skilled coder and developer with experience in the public and private sectors. He holds an engineering degree and a master's degree in public and economic policy. Christian's expertise includes project management, back-end and front-end development, and cloud computing. His diverse experiences have honed his technical and managerial skills.
Django, Python, React, Vue, Amazon Web Services (AWS)
The most amazing...
...management software I've developed was for a company that has grown fast and expanded thanks to this software.
Founder and Chief Information Officer (CIO)
- Founded a software development company that now employs ten people, including developers, a UI/UX designer, and a data scientist.
- Successfully implemented multiple projects utilizing various cloud providers.
- Led different teams and successfully completed various projects for multiple clients.
- Developed web scraping projects using various techniques.
- Developed numerous small projects within tight deadlines and two long-term projects that are being continuously improved.
Advisor | Developer
Ministry of Finance of Chile
- Joined the team to supervise and propose improvements to management across all governments.
- Developed a system to keep track of multiple key performance indicators, including coding, database design, integration with other sources, and reporting.
- Created the Chilepaga project to reduce late invoice payments. Integrated data from multiple sources to get accurate information.
- Reduced the late invoice payment across all governments by creating the Chilepaga project. It was nationally and internationally awarded.
Advisor | Project Manager | Head of Division
Ministry of Health of Chile
- Advised the Undersecretary of Public Health on budgeting, project management, and software development.
- Led the division, which included health statistics, epidemiology, and health economics, where I also had to supervise different software projects and data management.
- Made different health indicators and healthcare data publicly available.
- Participated in a cross-department initiative to define a data management policy across the ministry.
Junior Team Member
National Audit Office
- Joined the team working on a report about healthcare-associated infections in English hospitals.
- Participated in the analysis of its economic and financial impact.
- Ran simulations of a theoretical model to identify factors related to infections.
Corporación Municipal De Puente Alto
- Developed centralized datasets for different departments, migrating them from difficult-to-use Excel sheets to SQL databases.
- Led monthly meetings with each of the 30 head teachers to improve management issues.
- Generated data and daily reports that were successfully used to improve student attendance.
- Extracted data to improve control management and get an accurate and reliable budget.
Medical Record Software
eCommerce Web Scraping
The first challenge was related to developing a script that could efficiently extract the required data while overcoming attempts by some websites to block scraping. Various strategies, including requests, APIs, or Selenium, were employed to overcome this challenge.
The second challenge was adequately managing the scraped data. The data had to be classified, and redundant data had to be removed. Additionally, the software needed to monitor the status of all scraping scripts to ensure they ran correctly. To accomplish this, we addressed the following questions regarding the software:
• Are missing slots due to product unavailability or website layout changes?
• Is the new product a new release or a new version of an existing product?
Logistic and Waste Management Software
The primary challenge was to start with a small, simple version that could eventually transform into a full-scale suite while properly managing the database design. The project encountered multiple changes to the software requirements by the client, necessitating a well-designed transition process.
The initial version employed the Django template as a front end but later migrated to Angular and Vue, which presented some difficulties and challenges. However, the team successfully managed the transition and ensured uninterrupted software operations.
While I wrote most of the code, several other professionals worked collaboratively with the client to deliver this project.
Django, Selenium, Django REST Framework, Scrapy, Ruby on Rails (RoR), AngularJS, CakePHP, Laravel, Tailwind CSS
Vue, ODBC, REST APIs, Spotify API, React, Node.js
Microsoft Excel, Amazon CloudFront CDN, Amazon Simple Queue Service (SQS), Celery, MATLAB
Automation, Management, Test-driven Development (TDD), Microservices, Testing, Event-driven Programming, Data Science, Scrum
Amazon S3 (AWS S3), Microsoft DBA, Amazon DynamoDB, Databases, MySQL, PostgreSQL
Programming, Web Scraping, APIs, Scraping, Web Applications, Automated Data Flows, Data Scraping, API Integration, Full-stack, Back-end, Serverless, IT Projects, Calculus, Economics, Public Finance, Responsive Web Apps, Forms, Progressive Web Applications (PWA), Politics, PDF Scraping, Message Queues, Structural Analysis, Physics, Public Health, Natural Language Processing (NLP), FastAPI, Construction, Finite Element Method (FEM), Sensor Data, Public Policy, IT Governance, Data Governance, Econometrics, Statistics
Amazon Web Services (AWS), Docker, AWS Lambda, Amazon EC2, Apache Kafka
Master's Degree in Public and Economic Policy
London School of Economics - London, United Kingdom
Engineer's Degree in Civil Engineering
Pontifical Catholic University of Chile - Santiago, Chile
How to Work with Toptal
Toptal matches you directly with global industry experts from our network in hours—not weeks or months.
Share your needs
Choose your talent
Start your risk-free talent trial
Top talent is in high demand.Start hiring