Senior Data Scientist2012 - 2019MWD Trading, LLC
Technologies: Microsoft Excel, Scala, Java, Python, R
- Created models to predict price movements in highly liquid commodities, futures, and power markets, which consistently produced returns in excess of 75% annually.
- Implemented and maintained all internal reporting for business and trade development, including deploying and managing an internal website which provided on-demand reporting using the R Shiny platform.
- Managed financial risks associated with commodities and futures positions held by the firm across all markets and exchanges.
- Developed programs and processes to reduce human evaluation of data and quantify subjective analysis.
- Worked closely with management to provide analysis and data-driven recommendations for business growth and development.
Teaching Fellow2010 - 2012Colorado School of Mines
Technologies: LaTeX, Linux, SAS, Minitab, MATLAB, R
- Developed curriculum for and implemented graduate-level statistical computing course taught to incoming graduate students.
- Constructed and taught undergraduate statistics courses focusing on theory and application of traditional statistical techniques and the technologies used to implement them.
- Worked in a team environment to define teaching objectives for undergraduate statistics courses.