Partner, Technology2018 - 2020Forward
- Consulted for and developed iOS and Android apps for The Henry Ford Museum.
- Consulted for and developed iOS and Android apps for AREA15 (an entertainment venue in Las Vegas).
- Maintained iOS and Android apps for the American Museum of Natural History.
- Maintained iOS and Android apps for the Art Institute of Chicago.
Freelance Technology Consultant and Developer2015 - 2018Freelance
Technologies: Amazon Web Services (AWS), AWS, PostgreSQL, Go, Swift
- Developed and deployed on AWS the Go/PostgreSQL back end and iOS app for a timeline-based image social network called Chronicle.
- Contributed heavily to the architecture and development of the iPad-based kiosk ordering app used by Shake Shack in their pioneer kiosk-only store.
- Contributed heavily to a B2B iPad app to support ordering and inventory management for Anheuser-Busch InBev.
- Developed and consulted on the back-end architecture for an iOS app for a travel platform allowing for the recording and sharing of unique trip routes.
Chief Technology Officer2011 - 2015Fuzz Productions
Technologies: Objective-C, iOS
- Helped grow the company from three employees to 80+ employees.
- Fostered, hired, and supported 20+ mobile and web engineers, helping to define best practices, create useful development processes and tools, and bridge teams by improving interdisciplinary communication.
- Led the creation of engineer-led talks called "Snack Overflow" to cover a wide array of topics for varying audiences.
- Continued supporting iOS development as needed, including the introduction of a set of UI and other modules that can be shared across the various apps produced by the company.
Lead iOS Developer2009 - 2012Fuzz Productions
Technologies: MySQL, PHP, Objective-C, iOS
- Introduced version control, issue tracking, and other software development necessities to help turn the company into a real force in the mobile development world.
- Developed the initial version of the Google One Today nonprofit iOS app ported from the newly released Android app.
- Developed and consulted the back end of the Disney Memories HD iOS app.
- Developed and consulted on the back end for the Rodale digital magazine platform that shipped with the original iPad App Store.