Chief Technology Officer2014 - PRESENTProject for Education Research That Scales (PERTS)
- Built a data-intensive web app supporting educators and staff in implementing multiple randomized controlled trials, one of which is the largest of its kind to date, with AngularJS, Python, Google App Engine, and R.
- Built a web-app empowering only 2 staff members to deliver quality improvement programs to >75k students at >400 schools, with AngularJS, Python, Google App Engine, and R.
- Built a web app to guide teachers through iterative improvement of their teaching practices with integrated, automatic report generation, with React, Redux, Python, Google App Engine, Google Cloud SQL, Docker, and R.
- Created a pure-R webserver that can run scheduled or on-demand ETL jobs, report rendering, and delivery with Docker.
- Designed security protocols for a team managing sensitive research data governed by Stanford's IRB, including daily guidelines for team members, policies for encrypting devices and stored data, procedures for deleting data upon request, and incident response plans.
- Designed a continuous deployment pipeline where any working branch is automatically compiled, tested, and deployed to a sandboxed environment any time a developer pushes code.
Doctoral Candidate in Education2011 - 2014Tufts University
- Created a browser-based stop-motion animation app where frames could be captured and ordered, and HTML canvas objects could be placed and manipulated, for academic research.
- Designed a server backup and restoration process with PHP on Amazon EC2 that could automatically launch a production server from snapshots and stored drives.
- Designed a data storage pipeline for video files that archived files in multiple redundant storage locations and entered them into a database.