PHP Developer in Gilbert, AZ, United States
Owner/Freelance Developer2008 - PRESENTNuWave Commerce
Technologies: Laravel, PHP, WordPress, MySQL, PostgreSQL, Ember, React, Bootstrap
- Develop a company business plan and secure over $300K in development of projects in the second year of business.
- Responsible for building and maintaining client relations for small and C-level businesses.
- Develop and design all websites and applications for company clients while serving as the main point of a contact throughout the build, design, and go-live process.
- Create an internal application for a Fortune 100 Health and Wellness department.
- Support and maintain client applications hosted on Amazon Web Services.
Senior Web Developer2011 - 2012Fervor Creative
- Took the lead on web development projects and served as a primary point of contact for clients.
- Collaborated with the design team to ensure that layouts met both client expectations while maximizing efficiency on mobile devices.
- Created websites which allowed clients to easily update content and layouts without knowledge of HTML/CSS.
PHP Developer2010 - 2011Noteworthy Medical
- Collaborated with the project management and quality assurance teams to design and develop interfaces to improve user experience.
- Managed the implementation of an auditing system and interface for user accountability.
Team Leader1998 - 2000US Army
- Maintained international safety and security of personnel and equipment while working with government agencies and local authorities.
- Managed and trained team members while monitoring performance and providing performance feedback.
- Increased team involvement by communicating and providing support to superiors in a timely manner.
- Dental Practice Pro (Development)http://www.dentalpracticepro.com/
Dental Practice Pro is the industry’s leading cloud-based dental practice management software that maximizes the dental office's practice management software to maximize its success. The platform provides an immediate snapshot of vital practice details including patient statistics, practice revenue, financial expenses, employee forms, office documentation, and much more.
- Winner, Qualcomm Global App Developer Challenge (Other amazing things)https://www.qualcomm.com/news/releases/2013/12/09/qualcomm-announces-next-generation-mobile-health-solutions-preventative
I created NuWaveFit, a health and fitness application, utilizing Qualcomm's 2Net API, and won their global developer challenge and had an opportunity to present my product at the Mobile Health Conference in Washington, DC.
- Health Benefits Group (Development)
A website built utilizing Laravel and WordPress, which serves as a platform for providing a multitude of resources and programs for Arizona company’s total wellness plan.
- iNeedMoreGear (Development)
Outdoor sporting goods store with over 14,000 products built on Magento to handle eCommerce functionality and a custom application built in Laravel to handle inventory updates, warehouse ordering, and shipping updates.
- T-Vapes (Development)http://t-vapes.com
T-VAPES, LLC is a Phoenix based company committed to supplying the smoke-free alternative community with superior blended e-liquids and quality vaping hardware and accessories. The website is built in WordPress with a custom design (responsive) and WooCommerce was integrated to handle eCommerce functionality.
- NuWaveFit (Development)
NuWaveFit is a solution that takes full advantage of activity trackers and companion devices integrated into a complete business system allowing personal trainers and fitness professionals to attract, manage, and maintain more clients, thus providing a significant edge over their competition.
- Avada Network (Development)
Avada network assists both patients and providers in their fight against diabetes. Patient information can be synced from their mobile device to be monitored by their providers to be used to gain insight into their day-to-day health and activity levels.
- Ingage Corporate Health and Wellness (Development)
Full scale all-in-one mobile wellness solution that keeps employees aware, engaged and on the path to making healthy decisions. The platform allows users to track their wellness activities, meals and healthy choices all from one application. Users can sync from wearable devices such as Jawbone, Apple, Garmin, etc and view their progress (along with their fellow employees) in one application.
- LeanOJT (Development)https://leanojt.com
The LeanOJT system is a web-based application that manages SOJT training and employee competency documentation for corporations. It integrates job analysis and task analysis with training aids, lesson plans and performance assessment--using the proven Show-Tell™ Training System. Facilitates documentation of SOJT training methodology in an easy to use, and easy to update web application. Promotes rapid deployment of error-free one-to-one skills training. Enables tracking of trainee progress to job qualification & competence. Enables knowledge management and process improvement with multiple file, image and video attachments.
- Building a GraphQL Server with Laravel (Publication)GraphQL is a query language for APIs and can be used to query data from a server while also allowing clients to specify exactly what data is needed. Toptal Freelance Developer Christopher Moore explains how to create a GraphQL server using the Laravel Framework along with walking through some examples including querying relationships, mutations, and authentication.
FrameworksLaravel, Express.js, React Native, PHPUnit
PlatformsWordPress, WooCommerce, Magento, Linux
OtherUser Experience (UX), Design
ToolsSketch 4, Adobe Photoshop
- Bachelor of Science degree in Computer Information Systems2006 - 2010Arizona State University - W.P. Carey School of Business - Tempe, Arizona