SAS Developer in New York, NY, United States
Member since February 10, 2018
Chris has a master's degree in chemical engineering from Cornell along with a passion for driving and improving business operations through data insight. Currently, he's striving to provide better health outcomes and hospital experiences to cancer patients at Memorial Sloan Kettering. He's worked with analytics tools like SAS, R, Tableau, and SQL to sift through data of various types and deliver results.
Senior Healthcare Data Analyst2016 - PRESENTVillageMD
Technologies: SAS, SQL, Tableau, R
- Mined and analyzed patient data from medical claims, pharmacy claims, and electronic medical records (EMR) to discover actionable insights on ways to provide better care for patients and drive business operations.
- Created and implemented a more efficient data model and SAS/SQL reporting process that performs ETL from disparate data sources, calculates key metrics, and creates logical output tables for data visualization in Tableau—decreased production time by 90%.
- Stratified the Indianapolis patient population using a multivariate predictive risk model to recommend highest risk individuals to our ancillary care programs to ensure quality care and better health outcomes.
- Collaborated with IT teams to optimize data acquisition and plan future data system architecture within Amazon Web Services (AWS) to best support current and future analytic processes.
- SAS Base Programmer Certification (Other amazing things)https://www.youracclaim.com/badges/43881e6a-e8c7-40d1-8e83-49fab349c222/public_url
Base certification for SAS 9.
- SAS Advanced Programmer Certification (Other amazing things)https://www.youracclaim.com/badges/9e3e5aba-812b-43bc-8973-3de0e30ff8b3/public_url
Advanced level certification for SAS 9.
LanguagesSAS, SQL, R
StorageSQL Server Management Studio
- Master's degree in Chemical Engineering2015 - 2015Cornell University - Ithaca, NY, USA
- Bachelor of Science degree in Chemical Engineering2011 - 2015Cornell University - Ithaca, NY, USA