Healthcare Informatics Specialist2018 - PRESENTMemorial Sloan Kettering Cancer Center
Technologies: R, Python, SQL, Tableau
- Constructed a process in R that tokenizes new radiology reports using Natural Language Processing (NLP) techniques nightly and employs logistic regression and support vector machine models to flag and identify post-surgery complications that were not properly documented.
- Served as the technical lead on an ongoing research study that utilizes natural language processing (NLP) to scan messages from our online patient portal and flag patients that might be experiencing care issues stemming from social factors.
- Acted as the lead analyst for reporting work spanning patient operations and new technology launches at Memorial’s brand new $1.5 billion David H. Koch Center for Cancer Care.
- Worked as the contributing author to mskR, Memorial Sloan Kettering’s central R package that contains functions constructed to reduce the headache of tedious processes and standardize the way different groups across.
Senior Healthcare Data Analyst2016 - 2018VillageMD
Technologies: SAS, SQL, Tableau, R
- Mined and analyzed patient data from medical claims, pharmacy claims, and electronic medical records (EMR) to discover actionable insights on ways to provide better care for patients and drive business operations.
- Created and implemented a more efficient data model and SAS/SQL reporting process that performs ETL from disparate data sources, calculates key metrics, and creates logical output tables for data visualization in Tableau—which decreased production time by 90%.
- Stratified the Indianapolis patient population using a multivariate predictive risk model to recommend the highest risk individuals to our ancillary care programs to ensure quality care and better health outcomes.
- Collaborated with IT teams to optimize data acquisition and plan future data system architecture within Amazon Web Services (AWS) to best support current and future analytic processes.