Senior Software Engineer
2020 - PRESENT
- Rebuilt several mission-critical legacy systems, keeping feature parity and facilitating smooth transitions for each.
- Solved complex database performance problems with query optimization, schema changes, and partitioning strategies. Migrated large-scale tables and optimized for future scale.
- Oversaw a complete redesign of the deployment pipeline, shortening release cadence from bi-weekly to daily and allowing down timeless deployments.
- Led discussions on design principles, acting as a Ruby on Rails and PostgreSQL domain expert for other team members.
2018 - 2020
- Owned an internal application that automated the worker lifecycle management of all Airbnb's contract call center agents.
- Delivered a complete rewrite of the application, adding full test coverage and fixing critical bugs.
- Gathered requirements from cross-team stakeholders, documented previously implicit specifics for the application, and codified specifications into automated tests.
Technologies: Ruby on Rails API, Ruby, Chef, Docker, Apache Airflow, MySQL, RSpec, GitHub, Git, Jira, API Design, Test-driven Development (TDD), Agile, Redis, AWS, LDAP, Ruby on Rails (RoR), PostgreSQL, REST, SQL, Sidekiq
2017 - 2018
- Downscaled an expensive architecture, boosting performance and saving on high monthly cloud provider costs.
- Built the extract, transform, and load (ETL) pipeline and tooling for the data team to help with customer data analysis.
- Conducted user interviews and UX testing, incorporating feedback into project planning.
- Oversaw deployments, bug fixes, and the development of new features.