Verified Expert in Engineering
Chris is a senior full-stack engineer with 7+ years of experience building web apps for early-stage startups and robust enterprise SaaS software. He specializes in Ruby on Rails, PostgreSQL, and MySQL, primarily focusing on back-end development, integrations, and API design. Chris is an expert in creating user-facing production web applications and internal tooling, and he is willing to embrace new challenges and help other businesses evolve and succeed.
MacOS, Vim Text Editor, Slack, Jira, Lucidchart, GitHub, Heroku, Amazon Web Services (AWS), Postman, Docker
The most amazing...
...solution I've worked on is an internal tool for Airbnb that saved them over $200 thousand per month in operational costs.
Senior Software Engineer
- Rebuilt several mission-critical legacy systems, keeping feature parity and facilitating smooth transitions for each.
- Solved complex database performance problems with query optimization, schema changes, and partitioning strategies. Migrated large-scale tables and optimized for future scale.
- Oversaw a complete redesign of the deployment pipeline, shortening release cadence from bi-weekly to daily and allowing down timeless deployments.
- Led discussions on design principles, acting as a Ruby on Rails and PostgreSQL domain expert for other team members.
- Owned an internal application that automated the worker lifecycle management of all Airbnb's contract call center agents.
- Delivered a complete rewrite of the application, adding full test coverage and fixing critical bugs.
- Gathered requirements from cross-team stakeholders, documented previously implicit specifics for the application, and codified specifications into automated tests.
- Downscaled an expensive architecture, boosting performance and saving on high monthly cloud provider costs.
- Built the extract, transform, and load (ETL) pipeline and tooling for the data team to help with customer data analysis.
- Conducted user interviews and UX testing, incorporating feedback into project planning.
- Oversaw deployments, bug fixes, and the development of new features.
West Coast Skateparks | WCS
Ruby on Rails (RoR)
Ruby on Rails API, Sidekiq, Resque, jQuery
Vim Text Editor, RSpec, Git, Postman, Slack, Jira, Lucidchart, GitHub, Chef, Apache Airflow
REST, Test-driven Development (TDD), Agile, Agile Software Development
MacOS, Heroku, Amazon Web Services (AWS), Docker
PostgreSQL, MySQL, Redis
API Design, LDAP
Dev Bootcamp Certificate
How to Work with Toptal
Toptal matches you directly with global industry experts from our network in hours—not weeks or months.
Share your needs
Choose your talent
Start your risk-free talent trial
Top talent is in high demand.Start hiring