- Chief Technology OfficerArtSquare2013 - 2016
- Designed and managed the implementation of a cloud-first web application for artists.
- Built and managed the software development lifecycle, including requirements gathering, story planning, continuous integration, and cloud deployment.
- Mentored junior developers and helped non-technical people understand the development process.
- Developed and maintained a full-stack Selenium test suite for the application using a spec-first BDD process.
- Contributed to open-source Java libraries that were used by GitHub and the Central Repository.
- President | ConsultantSphere Systems2007 - 2013
Technologies: Java, Linux, Cisco, 802.11, Satellite, MPLS
- Provided integrated consulting services to a medium-sized business.
- Designed the architecture for a safety-critical SCADA system.
- Helped organizations roll out IPv6 deployment across IPv4-only WAN infrastructure.
- Advised on the interactions between networking choices and software communications models and made recommendations on protocol design.
- Created custom VM appliances and network configurations to solve challenging network situations (poor/slow satellite connections, remote work sites, and changing fleet configurations).
- Physics Research AssistantAbilene Christian University2003 - 2005
Technologies: Linux, C++, Perl, ROOT, ARCNET, SCADA
- Wrote control interfaces for power and temperature management for electronics on the PHENIX high-energy physics experiment.
- Wrote monitoring and analysis software for environmental sensors at PHENIX.
- Set up a thin-client network and servers for training at ACU.
- Upgraded control hardware and layout for power electronics at PHENIX.
- Worked with the ROOT data-analysis package to process data from the PHENIX experiment.