Consulting Technologist2016 - PRESENTSphere Systems
Technologies: Amazon Web Services (AWS), Kubernetes, Azure, Spring Boot, Spring, Behavior-driven Development (BDD), Project Lifecycle, Continuous Integration (CI), Continuous Delivery (CD), Groovy, Data Architecture, Java
- Guided the client through implementation of the behavior-driven development methodology, improving delivery reliability and product owner satisfaction.
- Implemented a continuous delivery pipeline integrating client's ticket management, development workflow, and deployment for faster and more reliable delivery with less time and attention required from developers and product owners.
- Modernized and extended a currency trading platform.
Chief Technology Officer2013 - 2016ArtSquare
- Designed and managed the implementation of a cloud-first web application for artists.
- Built and managed the software development lifecycle, including requirements gathering, story planning, continuous integration, and cloud deployment.
- Mentored junior developers and helped non-technical people understand the development process.
- Developed and maintained a full-stack Selenium test suite for the application using a spec-first BDD process.
- Contributed to open-source Java libraries that were used by GitHub and the Central Repository.
Consulting Technologist2007 - 2013Sphere Systems
Technologies: Multiprotocol Label Switching (MPLS), IEEE 802.11, Cisco, Linux, Java
- Provided integrated consulting services to medium-sized businesses.
- Designed the architecture for a safety-critical SCADA system.
- Helped organizations roll out IPv6 deployment across IPv4 WAN infrastructure.
- Advised on the interactions between networking choices and software communications models and made recommendations on protocol design.
- Created custom VM appliances and network configurations to solve challenging network situations such as poor or slow satellite connections, remote work sites, and changing fleet configurations.
Physics Research Assistant2003 - 2005Abilene Christian University
Technologies: SCADA, Perl, C++, Linux
- Wrote control interfaces for power and temperature management for electronics on the PHENIX high-energy physics experiment.
- Wrote monitoring and analysis software for environmental sensors at PHENIX.
- Set up a thin-client network and servers for training at ACU.
- Upgraded control hardware and layout for power electronics at PHENIX.
- Worked with the ROOT data-analysis package to process data from the PHENIX experiment.