CTO2022 - PRESENTAsk Lulo
Technologies: .NET Core, C#, Next.js, TypeScript, Azure, Azure DevOps, SQL, Node.js, Verification, Maps, Payment APIs, TensorFlow, Chatbots
- Constructed and deployed an insight crowdsourcing platform that digitally connects target audiences to a client's brand and rewards them in real time, leveraging WhatsApp, social media, and AI.
- Pioneered all technical operations with a special focus on compliance regulations and data security (like ISO 27001, POPI, and GDPR) regarding the customer's personal data.
- Developed a solution to handle both generic plug-and-play requirements and allow for customizable, single-tenanted solutions for institutional clients.
Founder and Developer2018 - PRESENTBluebird Development
- Spearheaded the development and launch of a high-performing international team of 20 people, fostering an environment of success for the boutique agency creating tailor-made software solutions for businesses worldwide.
- Championed requirements gathering to facilitate the development, deployment, and maintenance of a robust logistics system for Raubex, South Africa's largest construction company.
- Delivered web development services in alignment with client needs, including creating Revix's new website; improved Lighthouse performance score from 22 to 90+ while ensuring consistent alignment with the overall goals.
- Assisted in the architecture and management of the Revio payment platform, Reviopay.com.
- Architected and led the web development of a new startup in the healthcare industry in Germany, Doctorly.de.
Lead Developer2019 - 2023Tweak Carbon
Technologies: Angular, C#, React, Azure, Azure DevOps, Figma, Online Banking, Consumer Insights, Python, Management, APIs, Web Accessibility, Technical Architecture, Full-stack Development, Technical Leadership
- Architected a dynamic quiz solution across the system to enable a carbon scoring system based on users' daily habits and routines.
- Maintained the Angular and Python app with a team of three developers before rewriting it in React and C# (.NET).
- Integrated into a bank's green investments portfolio.
- Created a white-label solution for companies to provide internal carbon scoring for their employees. Two of South Africa's most prominent firms, including Spar and Investec, use the solution.
CTO2022 - 2022Craft Financial
- Developed a platform for South African freelancers to manage and send quotes and invoices.
- Architected the whole system and managed the small development team.
- Integrated into an insurance API and laid the groundwork for future expansion: light accounting, internationalization, and payment reconciliation.
Front-end Engineer2020 - 2022Large CPG Company
- Worked for a top consumer food company and led the charting/graphing development on the internal UI systems for the sales and marketing teams using D3.js and other tools.
- Updated the front end projects with hundreds of more than 5-year-old npm packages to a modern alternative without security vulnerabilities.
- Incorporated various standards and tools to provide a developer-friendly, industry-standard codebase and environment. Added correct TypeScript checking, linting, code coverage tests, and standardization of code styles.
Lead Development Consultant2018 - 2020BankTech
- Led the development team of BEAM, a new startup sponsored by Fintec. It is a CMS and payment system targeted at the rapidly growing small business market in South Africa. Built with React, React Native, Node.js, and MongoDB.
- Developed and maintained the Opticollect website using Netlify and Eleventy.
- Consulted on the BankTech API, a soon-to-be-released open banking API made with C#, SQL Server, and the .NET Core environment.
- Developed and maintained the BankTech website using Gridsome.
- Developed an automated messaging system utilizing WhatsApp for businesses to allow customers of major banks and insurance companies in South Africa to manage their debit orders easily.
Development Consultant2018 - 2019Pump and Abrasion Technologies
- Designed and envisioned a new product to replace their current spreadsheet system to visualize and adjust various calculations and generate appropriate quotes.
- Used Lunacy, Windows' Sketch clone, to design the pages and create wireframes.
- Built the entire framework from scratch in Node.js, React, D3.js, and MongoDB, and serviced it through Heroku.
Co-founder and Lead Developer2017 - 2019In-house
- Co-founded in-house, a startup based in New York that will be launching at the end of 2018.
- Took over an old and defunct, but relevant project, and repurposed it so that it aligns with modern standards. Introduced continuous integration with Azure, and replaced ASP.NET MVC with Next.js.
- Designed, documented, implemented, and shared the technical roadmap up to release.
- Prototyped new features with the design team in Node.js and React.
Senior Web Developer2017 - 201822seven
- Led the web development for 22seven, a personal budgeting and finance insights application aggregating a user's personal finance. The company integrates with over 100 banks and financial institutions and has a user base of more than 150,000.
- Improved the aggregate service, where only the latest information was routinely received from the server, like a user's latest bank transactions, and merged with the client-side data.
- Headed the prototyping of all the new features used by all the platforms—Android, iOS, and web.
- Pioneered the migration from Angular to React. It was done in an iterative manner, where Angular components were replaced by React components, one by one.
Senior Software Developer2016 - 2017Blazingchilli/Zing
- Contributed to various back-end solutions that provided content to the apps of South Africa's largest insurance companies—Liberty and Old Mutual.
- Introduced, developed, and maintained a centralized web console that managed the company's internal systems used by the support personnel, developers, and managers.
- Implemented the Old Mutual Wine Awards app, a solution where all the users get notified of the winners of the annual wine awards.
MES Developer2014 - 2016Omnia Fertilizer
- Created a factory standby and log sheet capturing application that was used by thousands of standby workers and managers of the chemical plants.
- Developed a dynamic charting web application to represent millions of data points in the plants.
- Created a near hit web application that replaced the paper system where 100+ incidents needed to be processed by hand per week.
- Developed an automated tool that moved 20+ years of confidential Labware data from Lotus Notes, MS Access, and Excel to a centralized SQL Server database integrated to SharePoint.