Lead Development Consultant2018 - PRESENTFintec
Technologies: Node.js, Vue.js, Heroku, MongoDB, React-Native
- Developed and maintains the Opticollect website (opticollect.com) using Netlify and Eleventy.
- Developed an automated messaging system, utilizing WhatsApp for Business to allow customers of major banks and insurance companies of South Africa to easily manage their debit orders.
- Leads the development team of BEAM - a new startup sponsored by Fintec. It is a CMS and payment system, targeted at the rapidly growing, small business market in South Africa.
- Consulted on the Fintec API, a soon-to-be-released open banking API made with C#, SQL Server, and the .NET Core environment.
Co-founder and lead developer2017 - PRESENTin-house
Technologies: React, HTML, CSS, C#, Azure, TFS, SQL Server
- Co-founded in-house, a startup based in New York that will be launching at the end of 2018.
- Took over an old and defunct, but relevant project, and repurposed it so that it aligns with modern standards. Introduced continuous integration with Azure, and replaced ASP.NET MVC by React.
- Designed the technical road map up to release.
- Prototyped new features with the design team in Node.js and React.
Development consultant/contractor2018 - 2019Pump & Abrasian
Technologies: React, Node.js, MongoDB, Heroku, Lunacy
- Designed and envisioned a new product to replace their current spreadsheet system to visualize and adjust various calculations, and generate appropriate quotes.
- Used Lunacy (Window's Sketch clone) to design the pages and create wireframes.
- Built the entire framework from scratch in Node, React, MongoDB, and serviced through Heroku.
Senior Web Developer2017 - 201822seven
- Led the web development for 22seven - a personal budgeting and finance insights application that aggregates a user's personal finance. The company integrates with more than 100 banks and financial institutions and has a user base of more than 150k.
- Drastically improved the aggregate service, where only the latest information is routinely received from the server (like a user's latest bank transactions) and merged with the client side data.
- Headed the prototyping of all the new features that will eventually be used by all the platforms - Android, iOS, and web.
- Pioneered the migration from Angular to React. It iwas done in an iterative manner, where Angular components are replaced by React components, one by one.
Senior Software Developer2016 - 2017Blazingchilli / Zing
- Contributed to various back-end solutions that provided content to the apps of South Africa's largest insurance companies - Liberty and Old Mutual.
- Introduced, developed, and maintained a centralized web console that manages the company’s internal systems, which is used by the support personnel, the developers, and the managers.
MES Developer2014 - 2016Omnia Fertilizer
- Created a factory standby and log sheet capturing application that was used by thousands of standby workers and managers of the chemical plants.
- Developed a dynamic charting web application to represent millions of data points in the plants.
- Created a near hit web application that replaced the paper system where 100+ incidents needed to be processed by hand per week.
- Developed an automated tool that moved 20+ years of confidential Labware data from Lotus Notes, MS Access, and Excel to a centralized SQL Server database integrated to SharePoint.