Founder and Developer2018 - PRESENTBluebird Development
- Founded a small company of three full time developers to tackle interesting problems from various companies.
- Built and maintained a logistics system for Raubex Building (South Africa's biggest construction company).
- Led the development of Revix's new website (revix.com).
- Built KZN South Coast Explorer (an app to find important locations in South Africa's south coast) with React Native and Strapi, available on both the Play Store and the App Store.
Lead Development Consultant2018 - PRESENTFintec
- Developed and maintains the Opticollect website (opticollect.com) using Netlify and Eleventy.
- Developed and maintains the BankTech website (bank.tech) using Gridsome.
- Consulted on the Bank Tech API, a soon-to-be-released open banking API made with C#, SQL Server, and the .NET Core environment.
- Developed an automated messaging system, utilizing WhatsApp for Business to allow customers of major banks and insurance companies of South Africa to easily manage their debit orders.
- Led the development team of BEAM, a new startup sponsored by Fintec. It is a CMS and payment system, targeted at the rapidly growing, small business market in South Africa. Built with React, React Native, Node.js, and MongoDB.
Development Consultant/Contractor2018 - 2019Pump & Abrasion
- Designed and envisioned a new product to replace their current spreadsheet system to visualize and adjust various calculations, and generate appropriate quotes.
- Used Lunacy (Window's Sketch clone) to design the pages and create wireframes.
- Built the entire framework from scratch in Node.js, React, D3.js, MongoDB, and serviced through Heroku.
Co-founder and Lead Developer2017 - 2019In-house
- Co-founded in-house, a startup based in New York that will be launching at the end of 2018.
- Took over an old and defunct, but relevant project, and repurposed it so that it aligns with modern standards. Introduced continuous integration with Azure, and replaced ASP.NET MVC with Next.js.
- Designed the technical road map up to release.
- Prototyped new features with the design team in Node.js and React.
Senior Web Developer2017 - 201822seven
- Led the web development for 22seven, a personal budgeting and finance insights application that aggregates a user's personal finance. The company integrates with more than 100 banks and financial institutions and has a user base of more than 150,000.
- Drastically improved the aggregate service, where only the latest information is routinely received from the server (like a user's latest bank transactions) and merged with the client-side data.
- Headed the prototyping of all the new features that will eventually be used by all the platforms—Android, iOS, and web.
- Pioneered the migration from Angular to React. It was done in an iterative manner, where Angular components are replaced by React components, one by one.
Senior Software Developer2016 - 2017Blazingchilli/Zing
- Contributed to various back-end solutions that provided content to the apps of South Africa's largest insurance companies—Liberty and Old Mutual.
- Introduced, developed, and maintained a centralized web console that manages the company’s internal systems, which is used by the support personnel, the developers, and the managers.
MES Developer2014 - 2016Omnia Fertilizer
- Created a factory standby and log sheet capturing application that was used by thousands of standby workers and managers of the chemical plants.
- Developed a dynamic charting web application to represent millions of data points in the plants.
- Created a near hit web application that replaced the paper system where 100+ incidents needed to be processed by hand per week.
- Developed an automated tool that moved 20+ years of confidential Labware data from Lotus Notes, MS Access, and Excel to a centralized SQL Server database integrated to SharePoint.