SharePoint Architect2019 - 2019Halma — GS
Technologies: Azure Active Directory, SharePoint 365
- Redesigned and supported Halma SharePoint security—migrating from a costly and cumbersome design to a scalable design based on Azure Active Directory security groups.
- Troubleshot complex security issues across multiple sites, external, and internal users and pages.
- Collaborated with Halma internal resources to guarantee a smooth transition of my work.
Data Scientist2015 - 2018Major Software Company (Redmond, USA)
Technologies: Machine Learning, C#, R, Python
- Identified a reseller’s product bundles had a high level of customer churn; recommended certain modifications for the reseller offerings which resulted in a 5% reduction in churn rate.
- Built propensity models that were the basis of marketing campaigns and which generated millions of dollars of new recurrent revenue.
- Experimented with my user segmentation model and feature recommender which resulted in an increase of the treatment group's user engagement.
- Designed and developed a tool to quickly create, test, and operationalize end-to-end churn prediction models for the SMB Office 365 subscribers.
- Developed a patent-pending clustering method of Excel commands based on co-occurrence in the command sequence. The algorithm allows product teams to categorize features and customers.
- Wrote an efficient algorithm to segment users according to their level of proficiency in Office. The pipeline process terabytes of clickstream data. Also demonstrated that increased proficiency is a driver of subscriptions renewals.
- Constructed an in-application recommender for Office client; the model is based on a user’s level of proficiency, used and unused commands, and similarity between users and commands.
- Identified and quantified biases of a Network Promoter Score survey for Outlook compared with other office apps; used machine learning techniques which identified drivers of NPS and quantified the prevalence across different populations. Also proposed a methodology to measure and correct bias.
- Participated in multiple hackathons organized by the machine learning community at Microsoft. More information can be found in my portfolio.
Teaching Asistant2013 - 2016Harvard University
Technologies: Sklearn, Python, Jupyter Notebook
- Acted as a teaching assistant in 2013, 2014 the data science course; grading coursework and mentoring students.
- Assisted and taught in 2017 the machine learning course; grading coursework and mentoring students.
- Developed Python notebooks with didactic examples and sample code so students can easily absorb topics such as linear regression, bias vs variance concept, cross-validation, and Random Forests.
- Mentored students on their final projects and helped them to be successful by evaluating project proposals, scheduling follow-up meetings, and grading project presentations and final reports.
- Constructed a guide to install TensorFlow on the Windows platform using Docker containers and Hyper-V.
Senior SharePoint Support Escalation Engineer2009 - 2015Major Software Company (Redmond, USA)
Technologies: WinDbg, C#, Windows Server, SharePoint
- Dealt with the most critical and complex customer’s issues involving numerous Microsoft technologies.
- Analyzed large quantities of product and weblogs and applied visualization techniques to communicate and influence the customer to perform actions toward case resolution (implementing a number of data mining techniques).
- Significantly improved customer satisfaction among Latin American enterprise customer resulting in renewal and scale-up of premier contracts.
- Engaged the product group to resolve high-business impact product bugs that I had identified during case troubleshooting phase. The resolution of them, during the scale-up, improved the product localization for Spanish and Portuguese speaking customers.
- Constructed a team of engineers to expand the language support of SharePoint Online and OneDrive and as a result, customer satisfaction among Spanish and Portuguese speaking customers improved significally.
Senior Consultant2006 - 2009Major Software Company (Redmond, USA)
Technologies: Visual Studio, SQL Server Analysis Services (SSAS), Microsoft SQL Server, SharePoint, Agile, C#
- Developed that complete business intelligence solution for an important government organization; the solution consisted of three cubes and dashboards supported by SharePoint. Worked with a customer’s analytics organization to understand their requirements, and finally design and implement the solution.
- Implemented CETS, an innovative collaborative law enforcement solution based on SharePoint and .NET.
- Worked on the CETS initiative from incubation to final deployment; CETS is a global Microsoft initiative implemented across the world supporting different languages and cultures.
- Modernized the home banking solution of an important bank and refactored the logging system from synchronous to asynchronous.
- Deployed the project server and project portfolio server in a major mining company.
- Collaborated with members from the major mining company define the right metrics to monitor and measure ROI of project and project porfolio.
- Designed and coded an InfoPath and SharePoint solution for a large goverment institution.
Co-founder | Software Architect1997 - 2005STI S.A. (Sold to Soluziona, currently Indra)
Technologies: Windows, COM+, ASP
- Designed and developed a COM+ component in an ATL 2.0 library, C++, and a Windows TCP/IP library. This asynchronous multithread connector opens two sockets to send and receive transactions and the load spikes were managed by queueing client requests.
- Designed and built a COM+ component in ATL 2.0 library C++ to allow a connection to a proprietary mainframe system. The COM+ Window Service managed multiple instances of the client APIs DLL individually in a separate process with a shared state through a SQL database.
- Created domain-specific InterDev design components; specifically, design time controls developed in Visual 6.0 to read transaction definition metadata and generate code to invoke, parse, and display transaction results.
- Envisioned, designed, and coded a content management platform in Visual Basic 6.0 and ATL 2.0 library C++. This simple template language enabled the graphic designer to create simple and attractive pages while the page content is stored in a SQL database.
- Developed a high-performance solution to process social security contributions directly from an employer's payroll. Employers can upload, validate, and process payment by transferring money from their bank accounts.