CEO | CTO2015 - PRESENTChillBill
Technologies: Meteor, Ruby, React
- Created a web platform for automated accounting using Meteor, MongoDB, and React.
- Developed a robust invoice recognition software using Ruby, ImageMagick, and Tesseract.
- Led a team of nine brilliant developers.
- Created a strong product vision and planned the product features according to the vision and customer feedback.
- Used several APIs for reliable currency conversion, safe vat number validation, and others.
Freelance Web Application Developer2006 - PRESENTClemens Helm
- Helped early-stage startups with their software architecture by developing an MVP and mentoring junior developers.
- Created features for legacy Ruby on Rails codebases and cleaned them up by introducing test-driven development followed by an extensive refactoring.
- Implemented data imports from Twitter, Instagram, and other APIs.
- Processed images with ImageMagick to enhance certain aspects like their dominant color—in a way like Instagram filters.
IT Consultant | Mentor2015 - 2016Inselberg
Technologies: Ruby on Rails, PostgreSQL
- Advised a team of founders about technology stacks and product strategies.
- Mentored junior developer on how to develop a solid Ruby on Rails app.
- Implemented critical features which required a senior developer.
- Reviewed code to ensure code quality and performance.
- Provided my product team with feedback on their roadmap.
Full-Stack Developer2014 - 2015Sientia
Technologies: Ruby on Rails, MongoDB, Redis
- Created a reliable business workflow web application for real-estate companies.
- Refactored the existing code to make it as maintainable as possible.
- Gained a lot of experience with MongoDB indexing and deployment on a database of a few terabytes.
- Worked on a huge Ruby on Rails app with hundreds of thousands of lines of code.
- Developed a sophisticated full-text search with Elasticsearch and gained experience in deploying it.
Vice President of Engineering2012 - 2014Codeship
Technologies: Ruby on Rails, PostgreSQL, Redis, LXC, Sass
- Developed a hosted continuous integration platform using Ruby on Rails, PostgreSQL, and LXC.
- Led a team of several brilliant software developers.
- Participated in the TechStars Boston program.
- Managed and developed the front- and back-end of the entire Codeship web application.
- Developed an exhaustive testing suite to ensure the reliability and expandability of the platform.