Senior Full-Stack Developer2021 - PRESENTGoody
Technologies: React, Ruby on Rails (RoR), GraphQL, PostgreSQL, Tailwind CSS, Ruby
- Improved an eCommerce platform for sending and receiving gifts with Ruby on Rails and React.
- Implemented interfaces to third-party eCommerce providers.
- Created solid and fast-performing user interfaces with React and Tailwind CSS.
- Implemented advanced search functionality using triggers and search vectors with PostgreSQL.
Freelance Web Application Developer2006 - PRESENTClemens Helm
- Helped early-stage startups with their software architecture by developing an MVP and mentoring junior developers.
- Created features for legacy Ruby on Rails codebases and cleaned them up by introducing test-driven development followed by an extensive refactoring.
- Implemented data imports from Twitter, Instagram, and other APIs.
- Processed images with ImageMagick to enhance certain aspects like their dominant color—in a way like Instagram filters.
CTO2019 - 2021Medbee
Technologies: Ruby on Rails (RoR), React, GraphQL, RabbitMQ, PostgreSQL, MongoDB, Apache Solr
- Managed a small team of web, iOS, and Android developers.
- Transitioned the outdated front end to a modern stack using Webpack, TypeScript, and React.
- Improved the overall architecture while simultaneously reducing overall complexity and improving reliability.
- Created a GraphQL API on top of Ruby on Rails to give front-end developers the flexibility to fetch exactly the data they need.
- Made sure everyone on the team was happy and productive.
- Did a ton of other stuff, like planning sprints, reviewing pull requests, communication with stakeholders, etc.
Lead Full-stack Developer2018 - 2020Temedica
Technologies: Ruby on Rails (RoR), Vue, Vuex, React Native, PostgreSQL, Redis, Amazon Web Services (AWS)
- Developed a mobile app for a community of people using a certain medical product.
- Led a small team of web developers working with Vue.js and Ruby on Rails.
- Coordinated communication with several stakeholders within Temedica as well as from external clients.
Senior Front-end Developer2019 - 2019PSPDFKit
Technologies: React, Webpack, Elixir, Middleman
- Improved the PSPDFKit web viewer, a toolkit to render and annotate PDF documents in the browser.
- Developed examples of usage scenarios for the PSPDFKit web viewer to demonstrate use cases.
- Wrote guides to showcase features of the web viewer.
Senior Full-stack Developer2018 - 2019IOHK
Technologies: React, Electron, MobX, Node.js, Storybook, Docker
- Got introduced to developing smart contracts on a blockchain.
- Developed an electron application that manages sandboxed Node.js processes.
- Collaborated with an international team of developers.
CEO | CTO2015 - 2018ChillBill
Technologies: React, Ruby, Meteor
- Created a web platform for automated accounting using Meteor, MongoDB, and React.
- Developed a robust invoice recognition software using Ruby, ImageMagick, and Tesseract.
- Led a team of nine brilliant web developers and data scientists.
- Created a strong product vision and planned the product features according to the vision and customer feedback.
- Used several APIs for reliable currency conversion, safe vat number validation, and others.
IT Consultant | Mentor2015 - 2016Inselberg
Technologies: PostgreSQL, Ruby on Rails (RoR), Ruby
- Advised a team of founders about technology stacks and product strategies.
- Mentored junior developer on how to develop a solid Ruby on Rails app.
- Implemented critical features which required a senior developer.
- Reviewed code to ensure code quality and performance.
- Provided my product team with feedback on their roadmap.
Full-stack Developer2014 - 2015Sientia
Technologies: Redis, MongoDB, Ruby on Rails (RoR), Ruby
- Created a reliable business workflow web application for real-estate companies.
- Refactored the existing code to make it as maintainable as possible.
- Gained a lot of experience with MongoDB indexing and deployment on a database of a few terabytes.
- Worked on a huge Ruby on Rails app with hundreds of thousands of lines of code.
- Developed a sophisticated full-text search with Elasticsearch and gained experience in deploying it.
Vice President of Engineering2012 - 2014Codeship
Technologies: Sass, LXC, Redis, PostgreSQL, Ruby on Rails (RoR), Ruby
- Developed a hosted continuous integration platform using Ruby on Rails, PostgreSQL, and LXC.
- Led a team of several brilliant software developers.
- Participated in the TechStars Boston program with the Codeship team.
- Managed and developed the front and back end of the entire Codeship web application.
- Developed an exhaustive testing suite to ensure the reliability and expandability of the platform.