Software Engineer2015 - PRESENTAccompany
Technologies: ClojureScript, Amazon DynamoDB, PostgreSQL, C++, Ruby on Rails (RoR), Ruby
- Scaled the throughput of the main data ingestion pipeline from a rate of a few hundred thousand profile objects per week to over a hundred million profile objects per week by introducing an internal framework to parallelize tasks running in Ruby on Rails and Resque.
- Optimized data access patterns at scale, moving data as needed from PostgreSQL to DynamoDB for better write performance.
- Built a C++ extraction system to analyze raw HTML documents and intelligently extract structured person profiles, using consensus signals from our data to detect high-quality matches.
- Designed and built a search back-end using Algolia for fuzzy text search and advanced facet search and built web front-end components using Reagent (a ClojureScript React wrapper) to highlight notable search results.
- Designed and implemented AWS server topology for the data processing pipeline, using AWS components like EC2, RDS, DynamoDB, and ELB and integrated monitoring services like New Relic, Grafana, Pingdom, and PagerDuty.
- Built an email system for sending personalized news and event notifications to users and integrated analytics systems like Mandrill and Amplitude to optimize open rates.
CTO | Co-Founder2013 - 2015Seed Equity
Technologies: Microsoft SQL Server, PostgreSQL, C#, Angular, Node.js
- Led the technology team for the seed equity crowd-funding platform, implementing the majority of the functionality, and led a team of two other engineers.
- Designed and implemented dynamically scaling micro-services written in Node.js and C#.
- Built the front-end web user-experience using Angular.
- Designed and implemented our AWS server topology, using EC2, RDS, Elastic Beanstalk, Elasticache, S3, and CloudFront.
- Built the data layer powering the web experience using PostgreSQL, SQL Server, as well as integration with third-party secure document storage to comply with financial regulations.
Software Engineer2012 - 2013Addepar
Technologies: MySQL, Scala, Java
- Built and shipped Addepar's financial platform to beta customers in the venture capital industry.
- Designed graph-based models and financial algorithms for venture capital financial structures.
- Created native desktop UI in Java Swing to allow venture capital customers to build interactive reports.
- Built backend financial data processing engine in Java and Scala to rapidly compute financial ownership positions.
- Designed efficient data access patterns in MySQL to store financial graph data.