Verified Expert in Engineering
Gravity Forms Developer
Clifford enjoys solving business problems with technology, particularly with WordPress and/or cloud-based products. Years of experience enable him to discern which existing products may be the right fit or to develop a custom solution for your specific needs. Clifford communicates thoroughly and is a stickler for proper grammar, commitment to coding best practices, and caring about the user experience (UX).
Git, PhpStorm, WordPress, SSL Configurations, Search Engine Optimization (SEO)
The most amazing...
...project I completed in 2018 was a closing cost calculator SaaS that is embeddable anywhere via responsive iframe. It was on my to-do list for several years.
Consultant | Developer | Owner
- Provided business technology consulting and services.
- Advised businesses regarding online and offline marketing alternatives (competitors, trends, ROI), technology security, and user-centered design best practices.
- Developed (discovery, deliverables, documentation) WordPress websites, landing pages, plugins, and theme add-ons.
- Supported free and paid users, growing a free plugin to over 100,000 active installs (sold in 2018).
- Troubleshot and resolved site issues (WP, PHP, database, CSS errors).
- Worked on custom WordPress plugin development, including API integrations, custom admin pages with React, Gravity Forms add-ons, and implementing Freemius.
Back-end Developer | Freelancer
The Events Calendar
- Helped users of The Events Calendar, Event Tickets, and their add-on plugins.
- Answered support tickets and crafted custom code snippets.
- Developed bug fixes and new features for several plugins in their suite.
- Wrote PHP tests (Codeception, PHPUnit) for TDD (Test Driven Development).
- Contributed to and reviewed pull requests and the support team's code snippets.
- Developed dozens of extensions to enhance functionality in a separate plugin.
- Created the extension template to help author new extensions quickly, including autoloading, option getters/setters, and plugin dependency checking.
Assistant Director of Financial Aid
ORU Mabee Center
- Served in a variety of roles including assistant director of verification and data management (Nov'08–May'10), verification coordinator (Oct'08–Nov'08), sr. specialist/verification coordinator (Sept'07–Oct'08), and finaid specialist (July'05–Sept'07).
- Operated as the lead analyst for departmental and some university-wide projects including data collection and quality assurance for external consultants responsible for overhauling financial aid policies (over $50 million annually).
- Implemented new automatic grouping and awarding policies (SQL rules).
- Designed and implemented office policies, software rules, and process flows to comply with federal regulations (verification, R2T4, digitizing paper files, and more). Personally verified 3,000+ individuals' taxed and untaxed income.
- Managed the FAFSA verification process, improving efficiency and accuracy by implementing online forms, advanced Excel processing sheets, training specialized staff, and streamlining student and parent communications.
- Authored/modified 100+ SQL reports to identify trends and areas of noncompliance and for national survey reporting. Provided strategic recommendations to management.
- Managed full- and part-time staff and contributed to the hiring process.
- Managed over 400 students' financial aid packages (over $7.5 million annually), as a specialist.
WordPress Plugin Boilerplatehttps://github.com/cliffordp/cliff-wp-plugin-boilerplate
RankBear SEO Keyword Tracking Plugin
ERP SaaS' Integration Plugin via Gravity Formshttps://wordpress.org/plugins/docket-connector/
Closing Cost Calculator SaaShttp://calc.tourkick.com
jQuery UI, jQuery, jQuery Plugins, React, jQuery CDN, Google Maps
WordPress, Zoho CRM, Adobe Suite, Microsoft, WooCommerce
Zoho Mail, Plugins, Gravity Forms, Web Development, SEO Tools, Programming, Zoho, Site Speed Optimization, Page Speed Optimization, GeneratePress, Integration, API Integration, Real Estate, Responsive Design, Business Administration, Cloudflare, Technology Consulting, Email, Email Delivery, Office 365, Google, CRM Systems, APIs, Maps, Content Delivery Networks (CDN), Blogging, Grammar & Language Creation, Writing & Editing, Search & Replace, SSL, SSL Certificates, HTTPS, HTTP 2, HTTP2, HTTP, PNG, JPG, DSLR Photography, Videography, Videos, SSL Configurations, Event Ticketing
Composer, G Suite, GravityView, PhpStorm, Git, Microsoft Excel, Adobe, Adobe CC
Search Engine Optimization (SEO)
Master's Degree in Business Administration with a Finance Concentration
Oral Roberts University - Tulsa, OK
Bachelor of Science Degree in Business Administration with a Minor in Government
Oral Roberts University - Tulsa, OK