Consultant | Developer | Owner2010 - PRESENTSelf-Employed
- Provided business technology consulting and services.
- Advised businesses regarding online and offline marketing alternatives (competitors, trends, ROI), technology security, and user-centered design best practices.
- Developed (discovery, deliverables, documentation) WordPress websites, landing pages, plugins, and theme add-ons.
- Supported free and paid users, growing a free plugin to over 100,000 active installs (sold in 2018).
- Troubleshot and resolved site issues (WP, PHP, database, CSS errors).
- Worked on custom WordPress plugin development, including API integrations, custom admin pages with React, Gravity Forms add-ons, and implementing Freemius.
Back-end Developer | Freelancer2015 - 2020The Events Calendar
- Helped users of The Events Calendar, Event Tickets, and their add-on plugins.
- Answered support tickets and crafted custom code snippets.
- Developed bug fixes and new features for several plugins in their suite.
- Wrote PHP tests (Codeception, PHPUnit) for TDD (Test Driven Development).
- Contributed to and reviewed pull requests and the support team's code snippets.
- Developed dozens of extensions to enhance functionality in a separate plugin.
- Created the extension template to help author new extensions quickly, including autoloading, option getters/setters, and plugin dependency checking.
Assistant Director of Financial Aid2005 - 2010ORU Mabee Center
Technologies: Microsoft Excel, SQL
- Served in a variety of roles including assistant director of verification and data management (Nov'08–May'10), verification coordinator (Oct'08–Nov'08), sr. specialist/verification coordinator (Sept'07–Oct'08), and finaid specialist (July'05–Sept'07).
- Operated as the lead analyst for departmental and some university-wide projects including data collection and quality assurance for external consultants responsible for overhauling financial aid policies (over $50 million annually).
- Implemented new automatic grouping and awarding policies (SQL rules).
- Designed and implemented office policies, software rules, and process flows to comply with federal regulations (verification, R2T4, digitizing paper files, and more). Personally verified 3,000+ individuals' taxed and untaxed income.
- Managed the FAFSA verification process, improving efficiency and accuracy by implementing online forms, advanced Excel processing sheets, training specialized staff, and streamlining student and parent communications.
- Authored/modified 100+ SQL reports to identify trends and areas of noncompliance and for national survey reporting. Provided strategic recommendations to management.
- Managed full- and part-time staff and contributed to the hiring process.
- Managed over 400 students' financial aid packages (over $7.5 million annually), as a specialist.