Community Support Specialist Freelancer2015 - PRESENTModern Tribe Inc.
- Helped users of The Events Calendar, Event Tickets, and their add-on plugins.
- Answered support tickets.
- Crafted custom code snippets.
- Logged bugs and feature requests.
- Contributed to and reviewed pull requests.
Consultant/Developer/Owner2010 - PRESENTSelf-Employed
- Provided business technology consulting and services at https://tourkick.com/.
- Advised businesses regarding online and offline marketing alternatives (competitors, trends, ROI), technology security, and user-centered design best practices.
- Developed (discovery, deliverables, documentation) WordPress websites, landing pages, plugins, and theme add-ons.
- Supported free and paid users, growing a free plugin to over 100,000 active installs (sold in 2018).
- Troubleshot and resolved site issues (WP, PHP, database, CSS errors).
Assistant Director of Financial Aid2005 - 2010Oral Roberts University
Technologies: SQL, Excel
- Served in a variety of roles including Assistant Director of Verification and Data Management (Nov'08 - May'10), Verification Coordinator (Oct'08 - Nov'08), Sr. Specialist/Verification Coordinator (Sept'07 - Oct'08), and Financial Aid Specialist (July'05 - Sept'07).
- Operated as the lead analyst for departmental and some university-wide projects including data collection and quality assurance for external consultants responsible for overhauling financial aid policies (over $50 million annually).
- Fully implemented new automatic grouping and awarding policies (SQL rules).
- Designed and implemented office policies, software rules, and process flows to comply with federal regulations (verification, R2T4, digitizing paper files, and more). Personally verified 3,000+ individuals' taxed and untaxed income.
- Managed the FAFSA verification process, improving efficiency and accuracy by implementing online forms, advanced Excel processing sheets, training specialized staff, and streamlining student and parent communications. Regularly reported progress to management.
- Authored/modified 100+ SQL reports to identify trends and areas of noncompliance and for national survey reporting. Provided strategic recommendations to management.
- Managed full- and part-time staff and contributed to the hiring process.
- As specialist, managed over 400 students' financial aid packages (over $7.5 million annually).