Enterprise Architect II2021 - PRESENTZions Bank
Technologies: Information Security, Cloud Security Strategy, Enterprise Architecture, Security, Unix/Linux Virtualization, Private Banking, Technical Writing, Presentations, Identity & Access Management (IAM)
- Matured cybersecurity EA practices by creating reference architectures, deployment patterns, and technology lifecycle management for cloud and container security, robotic process automation security, and identity and access management.
- Advised or led the secure design of key IT system and infrastructure projects to ensure alignment with corporate policy, industry regulations, and best practices (NIST 800-53, CIS, PCI, SOX, and FFIEC).
- Collaborated with legal and ORM teams to modernize corporate security policies, standards, and nonfunctional requirements to ensure alignment with industry regulations and corporate policy.
- Partnered with senior management and cross-functional teams to address regulatory matters, remediating numerous risks and findings identified by the OCC, internal audit, and ORM.
Senior Security Architect II2019 - 2021City National Bank
Technologies: Risk & Compliance, Security Architecture, Risk Assessment, Information Security, Security, Unix/Linux Virtualization, Private Banking, Technical Writing, Presentations, Identity & Access Management (IAM)
- Led an internal information security consulting and architecture program providing customer-facing security architecture and risk guidance across Agile SDLC, PMO, and VMO processes in Azure cloud and on-premise DevOps environments.
- Communicated information security policies, standards, and strategies across multiple business and technology owners and leadership teams.
- Reviewed or assessed security controls and risk for projects and purchases of services, software, or systems.
- Created conceptual and logical security architecture plans, roadmaps, and patterns for the security technology portfolio to ensure security and compliance by design.
- Executed an OCC remediation plan to mature the bank's privileged access management capabilities and program. This included working with multiple business leads to gather data and providing organizational change management and training.
- Embedded within the PMO and partnered with the business to represent information security in ideation through production implementation, including partnering in design sessions, assessing compliance, and approving production implementation.
Principal Cloud and Cloud Security Consultant2016 - 2019Insight Global
Technologies: Program Management, Cloud Architecture, Azure, Contract, Information Security, Security, Unix/Linux Virtualization, Healthcare IT, Private Banking, Technical Writing, Presentations, Identity & Access Management (IAM)
- Managed IT transformation and modernization programs of a health insurance claims provider to the future-state enterprise security architecture and operations aligned with industry standards and compliance, HIPAA, and HITRUST.
- Drove the security architecture strategy for PwC IFS in an Azure-hosted enterprise data lake platform and end-user business intelligence analytics workbench. This was a $40 million global, cross-functional, and multinational initiative.
- Designed, planned, and migrated existing virtualized and physical server workloads to Azure for Jack Henry & Associates. This included extending security controls into the cloud and creating a lift and shift migration strategy.
- Built the business case and transition plan for CUNA Mutual to migrate its entire data center into Azure and contract with a managed service provider to assume operational responsibilities for some IT services.
- Advised clients in service delivery, management strategies, business case development, RFP development, and contract negotiation. Clients included Pratt & Whitney, Westfield Insurance, Boeing, Southwest Airlines, and BNSF Railway.
Principal Infrastructure Architect2002 - 2016Anthem Blue Cross and Blue Shield
Technologies: AIX, Linux, VMware, Virtualization, Cloud Architecture, Unix/Linux Virtualization, Healthcare IT, Technical Writing, Presentations
- Was selected as the change agent to set up and manage the transition to an ITIL-based cloud services organization. Served as the principal architect and program manager and delivered the two-year, $5 million project on time and on budget.
- Provided lifecycle management for a portfolio of standard technologies while serving as an architect of a virtualization model for midrange servers and an infrastructure architect for enterprise applications.
- Produced logical and physical designs for new and/or expanding application hosting environments for WellPoint. Created solutions and strategies to host the company’s Windows, UNIX, database, and applications.
- Managed vendors and acted as the main liaison between WellPoint and Savvis to ensure optimal and timely infrastructure delivery and budget adherence. Led a contracted managed services team supporting hosting environments during this role.
Senior Programmer/Analyst1996 - 2002Kaiser Permanente
Technologies: AIX, IBM Power, Open Source, Oracle, Apache, Website Setup, Java, Healthcare IT, Technical Writing, Presentations
- Designed and implemented KP's first five national web portals in two national data centers. Implementation involved everything from product selection and procurement to rack mounting and configuring the equipment.
- Migrated KP's regional websites into a national web hosting platform, including network design, proxy configuration, and the first national DNS hierarchy and implementation.
- Built and designed KP Southern California's first public website, including selection, procurement, and implementation of the hosting platform.
Senior Software Developer1989 - 1996Cedars-Sinai Medical Center
Technologies: VAX/VMS, OS/390, HTML, Healthcare IT, Technical Writing
- Implemented CSMC's first SMTP-based email system, integrating midrange mail clients with PC-based client/server email and internet mail. Also established CSMC's first connection to the internet via UCLA.
- Provided level 2 support for several midrange and mainframe-based applications and technology deployed throughout the hospital, such as lab equipment, printers, and terminals.
- Provided helpdesk support to end users on issues ranging from connectivity to field support.
- Provided privileged access functions on midrange and mainframe systems, including managing job queues and restarting stalled processes.
Lead Service Technician1987 - 1989GTE
Technologies: Hardware Repair, Technical Writing
- Developed technical manuals and training materials for field and bench technicians.
- Repaired hardware in support of field service technicians deployed globally.
- Routinely ranked as a top performer in weekly bench repairs of equipment used by field service technicians.