Developer2015 - PRESENTIndependent Contractor
- Worked as a contractor mostly dealing with remote, online jobs.
- Refactored and implemented new functionality to a next-generation video stream recorder using HLS, MPEG-DASH specs. Developed mainly in multi-threaded C++, built using Cmake and GNU make, targets Linux, Windows and MacOS environments.
- Created a Java application to scrape data from online stores (HP, Best Buy, Amazon, and more), parse, normalize, and store in the HP Vertica database. The project was built and packaged as a single-jar application using Gradle.
- Created from scratch a recommendation engine and some analytical reports using Apache Spark and the Python API. The analytic reports used recommendation engine results for prediction. The engine and report output was JSON served through a REST interface.
- Created a proof of concept facial recognition engine to check the reliability of matching mobile application users to ID photos using facial biometrics. We used OpenCV and other image manipulation libraries to process and evaluate the pictures.
- Developed an application to help human evaluators detecting moving object (cars, lanes) in video sequences. Built using OpenCV,and Python.
- Helped troubleshoot a complex multithreading issue in an ActiveMQ based system for a London finance startup. It was deadlocking when used in high-volume.
- Replaced an existing matrix parsing and transposition code in a data processing pipeline for a more efficient pure C version. The resulting application was 7 times faster, with more features, while fulfilling the required memory constraints.
Full-Stack Developer (Contractor)2016 - 2017MoveMais Meios de Pagamentos
Technologies: Reactive Java, AngularJS, Vue.js, PostgreSQL, Gradle
- Developed a full platform for advanced fleet management, including GPS tracking using vehicle embedded devices. The solution used asynchronous IO to make sure it can scale to hundreds of thousands of devices.
- Managed a multi-project build using Gradle, including the development of a custom Gradle plugin to package native dependencies.
- Led technically the client's main development team on a second project using Vue.js/ES6/Webpack front-end stack. The project is now the client's main online facing web application.
Finance and Operations Manager2009 - 2014Grupo Ville
Technologies: JavaEE, PostgreSQL, Python, OpenERP
- Managed a small internal and outsource IT and development staff for a medium-sized manufacturer.
- Developed a distributed system for seamless integration of retail store data over cheap, unreliable links.
- Coordinated the implementation and integration of a new retail POS software replacing an aging legacy system.
- Implemented an open-source Python-based ERP (Odoo) to improve the company's distribution activities.
- Managed the development of a number of business reports using SQL and JasperReports.
CIO2007 - 2009Porto Forte S.A.
Technologies: Java EE, PostgreSQL, Python, Django
- Developed a system in Django for managing investors positions.
- Setup operations for ensuring high-availability and real-time (WAL-based) off-site backup of our critical PostgreSQL infrastructure.
- Upgraded a legacy "classic ASP" customer-facing payment platform to have higher automation and bank integration.
- Managed the implementation, integration, and customization of a third-party securitization platform.
- Implemented and customized an open-source CRM solution (SugarCRM).
Analyst2004 - 2006Grupo Ville
Technologies: SQL, Java
- Supported sales operation by creating ad hoc reports in a custom reporting platform.
- Troubleshot sales field personnel regarding issues with the commission ledger system.