- Principal Software Engineer2012 - 2015Walmart Labs
Technologies: Java, Oracle, PostgreSQL, Cassandra, Solr
- Designed and developed a distributed data transformation pipeline for custom endpoints (e.g., sending and transforming data from Oracle to Graphite for monitoring database performance), using Java.
- Created an application suite to safely and automatically load-balance data among database shards in a home-grown sharding system using Java.
- Architected and built a next-generation “Do What I Mean” Data Access Layer that makes back-end storage systems opaque to the front-end application developer, using Java, Oracle, PostgreSQL, MySQL, and Cassandra.
- Orchestrated my team’s Agile roadmap planning, software lifecycle, builds, continuous integration, testing, service integration efforts, and deployment.
- Represented my team and our ideas in front of various audiences, including the company’s architecture board and executive leadership.
- Principal Application Engineer2008 - 2012LiveOps, Inc.
Technologies: Perl, Java, C, OSGi, Redis, Google Web Toolkit, MySQL
- Designed the next-generation version of the Real-Time Monitoring product, using C, Java, OSGi, Redis, and Google Web Toolkit.
- Designed and implemented LiveOps’s first external single sign-on service and external API, using Java and MySQL.
- Contributed significantly to a team design for LiveOps’s first phone call and human operator management API using Java, OSGi, and MySQL.
- Improved and maintained the LiveOps Access Control Service, a PCI- and HIPAA-compliant, RESTful Perl service that provided internal access to account security information.
- Built the second-generation version of LiveOps’s Dubber product, a distributed Perl application responsible for transcoding recordings of tens of thousands of phone calls each day.
- Proprietary Equity Trader2007 - 2012ECHOtrade
Technologies: Perl, PostgreSQL
- Executed manual and automatic day trades of NYSE-listed equity issues.
- Analyzed and forecasted market trends and developed algorithms for future trading and investment strategies using Perl and PostgreSQL.
- Earned a SEC Series #7 General Securities Registered Representative license.
- Engineering Consultant2007 - 2007Watts Radiant
Technologies: C#, .NET
- Designed and developed CAD software and algorithms in C# for optimizing layout of the company’s flagship heating products in new and renovated construction.
- Communicated regularly with mechanical engineers and marketing managers to determine software specifications and design parameters based on previous usability studies.
- Research Assistant2006 - 2006Carnegie Mellon University
Technologies: C++, GTK+
- Participated in the design of a spiral-finned magnetic micro-capsule for performing endoscopy, biopsy, ablation, and other medical tasks in the human intestinal tract.
- Designed and developed the C++ software control system for a bank of electromagnets that had the ability to move the aforementioned micro-capsule about its rotational axis in order to allow it to navigate the human body.
- Owner2003 - 2006Purplehost.net
Technologies: Perl, PostgreSQL
- Owned and operated a small-scale, Linux-based web, FTP, and email hosting company based on Perl and PostgreSQL.
- Firmware Engineer2004 - 2005Anritsu Corporation
Technologies: C++, Perl, 1xEV-DO, CDMA2000, VxWorks
- Developed VxWorks-based embedded systems software, using C++ and Perl, to gather and transmit detailed instrumentation data during 1xEV-DO and CDMA2000 mobile device proving tests.
- Webmaster2004 - 2004The UTD Mercury
- Transitioned a student newspaper’s entire website, archive, and associated data into a third-party-hosted publishing solution, using Perl for data import, transformation, and export.
- Engineer2000 - 2002Signalogic
Technologies: C++, MFC, Texas Instruments DSP
- Implemented a 2D block-diagram development platform for composing entire embedded software applications by visually connecting blocks of code, using C++, MFC, and a variety of Texas Instruments DSP hardware.