Chief Software Architect2015 - PRESENTAnonos
- Led architecture and development for a suite of data privacy products.
- Implemented data privacy applications and SaaS services.
- Implemented plugin integrations for ETL products like Pentaho Data Integration.
- Managed the company's global Amazon Web Services environment.
- Worked directly with sales prospects and customers to demo, evangelize, implement, and integrate our products.
Principal Software Engineer2012 - 2015Walmart Labs
Technologies: Solr, Cassandra, PostgreSQL, Oracle, Java
- Designed and developed a distributed data transformation pipeline for custom endpoints (e.g., sending and transforming data from Oracle to Graphite for monitoring database performance), using Java.
- Created an application suite to safely and automatically load-balance data among database shards in a home-grown sharding system using Java.
- Architected and built a next-generation “Do What I Mean” data access layer that makes back-end storage systems opaque to the front-end application developer, using Java, Oracle, PostgreSQL, MySQL, and Cassandra.
- Orchestrated my team’s Agile roadmap planning, software lifecycle, builds, continuous integration, testing, service integration efforts, and deployment.
- Represented my team and our ideas in front of various audiences, including the company’s architecture board and executive leadership.
Principal Application Engineer2008 - 2012LiveOps, Inc.
Technologies: MySQL, Google Web Toolkit, Redis, OSGi, C, Java, Perl
- Designed the next-generation version of the real-time monitoring product.
- Designed and implemented LiveOps’s first external single sign-on service and external API.
- Contributed significantly to a team design for LiveOps’s first phone call and human operator management API.
- Improved and maintained the LiveOps Access Control Service, a PCI- and HIPAA-compliant, RESTful Perl service that provided internal access to account security information.
- Built the second-generation version of LiveOps’s Dubber product, a distributed Perl application responsible for transcoding recordings of tens of thousands of phone calls each day.
Proprietary Equity Trader2007 - 2012ECHOtrade
Technologies: PostgreSQL, Perl
- Executed manual and automatic day trades of NYSE-listed equity issues.
- Analyzed and forecasted market trends and developed algorithms for future trading and investment strategies using Perl and PostgreSQL.
- Earned a SEC Series #7 General Securities Registered Representative license.
Engineering Consultant2007 - 2007Watts Radiant
Technologies: .NET, C#
- Designed and developed CAD software and algorithms in C# for optimizing layout of the company’s flagship heating products in new and renovated construction.
- Communicated regularly with mechanical engineers and marketing managers to determine software specifications and design parameters based on previous usability studies.
Research Assistant2006 - 2006Carnegie Mellon University
Technologies: GTK+, C++
- Participated in the design of a spiral-finned magnetic micro-capsule for performing endoscopy, biopsy, ablation, and other medical tasks in the human intestinal tract.
- Designed and developed the C++ software control system for a bank of electromagnets that had the ability to move the aforementioned micro-capsule about its rotational axis in order to allow it to navigate the human body.
Owner2003 - 2006Purplehost.net
Technologies: PostgreSQL, Perl
- Owned and operated a small-scale, Linux-based web, FTP, and email hosting company based on Perl and PostgreSQL.
Firmware Engineer2004 - 2005Anritsu Corporation
Technologies: EVDO, VxWorks, Perl, C++
- Developed VxWorks-based embedded systems software, using C++ and Perl, to gather and transmit detailed instrumentation data during 1xEV-DO and CDMA2000 mobile device proving tests.
Webmaster2004 - 2004The UTD Mercury
- Transitioned a student newspaper’s entire website, archive, and associated data into a third-party-hosted publishing solution, using Perl for data import, transformation, and export.
Engineer2000 - 2002Signalogic
Technologies: TI DSP C2000, Microsoft Foundation Class Library (MFC), C++
- Implemented a 2D block-diagram development platform for composing entire embedded software applications by visually connecting blocks of code, using C++, MFC, and a variety of Texas Instruments DSP hardware.