Technical Leadership Developer
ExperienceC++ - 15 yearsPerl - 15 yearsJava - 10 yearsTechnical Leadership - 8 yearsREST APIs - 8 yearsSoftware Development Management - 8 yearsSoftware Architecture - 8 yearsNode.js - 4 years
IntelliJ IDEA, Eclipse, MacOS, Git, Vim Text Editor, Linux
The most amazing...
...thing I've designed and developed is a distributed data transformation pipeline for custom endpoints along with an application suite for Walmart Labs.
Chief Software Architect
- Led architecture and development for a suite of data privacy products.
- Implemented data privacy applications and SaaS services.
- Implemented plugin integrations for ETL products like Pentaho Data Integration.
- Managed the company's global Amazon Web Services environment.
- Worked directly with sales prospects and customers to demo, evangelize, implement, and integrate our products.
Principal Software Engineer
- Designed and developed a distributed data transformation pipeline for custom endpoints (e.g., sending and transforming data from Oracle to Graphite for monitoring database performance), using Java.
- Created an application suite to safely and automatically load-balance data among database shards in a home-grown sharding system using Java.
- Architected and built a next-generation “Do What I Mean” data access layer that makes back-end storage systems opaque to the front-end application developer, using Java, Oracle, PostgreSQL, MySQL, and Cassandra.
- Orchestrated my team’s Agile roadmap planning, software lifecycle, builds, continuous integration, testing, service integration efforts, and deployment.
- Represented my team and our ideas in front of various audiences, including the company’s architecture board and executive leadership.
Principal Application Engineer
- Designed the next-generation version of the real-time monitoring product.
- Designed and implemented LiveOps’s first external single sign-on service and external API.
- Contributed significantly to a team design for LiveOps’s first phone call and human operator management API.
- Improved and maintained the LiveOps Access Control Service, a PCI- and HIPAA-compliant, RESTful Perl service that provided internal access to account security information.
- Built the second-generation version of LiveOps’s Dubber product, a distributed Perl application responsible for transcoding recordings of tens of thousands of phone calls each day.
Proprietary Equity Trader
- Executed manual and automatic day trades of NYSE-listed equity issues.
- Analyzed and forecasted market trends and developed algorithms for future trading and investment strategies using Perl and PostgreSQL.
- Earned a SEC Series #7 General Securities Registered Representative license.
- Designed and developed CAD software and algorithms in C# for optimizing layout of the company’s flagship heating products in new and renovated construction.
- Communicated regularly with mechanical engineers and marketing managers to determine software specifications and design parameters based on previous usability studies.
Carnegie Mellon University
- Participated in the design of a spiral-finned magnetic micro-capsule for performing endoscopy, biopsy, ablation, and other medical tasks in the human intestinal tract.
- Designed and developed the C++ software control system for a bank of electromagnets that had the ability to move the aforementioned micro-capsule about its rotational axis in order to allow it to navigate the human body.
- Owned and operated a small-scale, Linux-based web, FTP, and email hosting company based on Perl and PostgreSQL.
- Developed VxWorks-based embedded systems software, using C++ and Perl, to gather and transmit detailed instrumentation data during 1xEV-DO and CDMA2000 mobile device proving tests.
The UTD Mercury
- Transitioned a student newspaper’s entire website, archive, and associated data into a third-party-hosted publishing solution, using Perl for data import, transformation, and export.
- Implemented a 2D block-diagram development platform for composing entire embedded software applications by visually connecting blocks of code, using C++, MFC, and a variety of Texas Instruments DSP hardware.
US Patent 10043035: Systems and Methods for Enhancing Data Protection by Anonosizing Structured and Unstructured Data and Incorporating Machine Learning and Artificial Intelligence in Classical and Quantum Computing Environmentshttps://patents.google.com/patent/US10043035B2/en
Dropwizard, Jersey, Boost, Hibernate, OAuth 2, .NET, OSGi, Google Web Toolkit, Apache Spark, LibGDX, Dancer, Ruby on Rails 5
REST APIs, Node.js, Microsoft Foundation Class Library (MFC), kundera, DBIx::Class, jQuery
Eclipse IDE, Microsoft Visual Studio, CVS, Subversion (SVN), Git, IntelliJ IDEA, Apache Maven, Jenkins, Ansible, Gradle, AWS OpsWorks, Amazon Virtual Private Cloud (VPC), Apache HTTP Server, Travis CI, AWS SDK, AWS IAM, GTK+, Solr, Vim Text Editor, Pentaho Data Integration (Kettle), Mercurial, Chef
Concurrent Programming, Scrum, Agile Software Development, Waterfall Development, REST, ETL, Serverless Architecture
Linux, Amazon EC2, Apache2, AWS Lambda, MacOS, Eclipse, VxWorks, Amazon Web Services (AWS), Apache Kafka, Oracle
PostgreSQL, Amazon S3 (AWS S3), MongoDB, Redis, MySQL, Cassandra
Software Architecture, Software Development Management, DNS, Servers, Leadership, Technical Leadership, Networks, Identity & Access Management (IAM), Privacy, Amazon Route 53, Cryptography, TI DSP C2000, EVDO, SOAP, OpenID Connect (OIDC)
Master of Science Degree in Electrical & Computer Engineering
Carnegie Mellon University - Pennsylvania
Bachelor of Science Degree in Physics
University of Texas - Texas