Congwen is a dedicated web developer specializing in developing full-stack web applications using practical frameworks. He's passionate about solving problems for others. A good solution to Congwen usually requires a dose of creativity that requires more effort to adapt and perfect.
ExperienceRuby on Rails (RoR) - 5 yearsReact - 5 yearsPostgreSQL - 4 yearsKubernetes - 3 yearsAmazon Web Services (AWS) - 3 yearsElectron - 2 yearsPostGIS - 2 yearsScala - 1 year
Kubernetes, Amazon Web Services (AWS), Docker, Jenkins, Scala, Ruby on Rails (RoR), React, Bash Script, PostgreSQL, PostGIS
The most amazing...
...thing I've made was a Chrome DevTool extension that renders a visual tree graph of my company's proprietary framework.
Principal Software Engineer | Engineering Manager
- Constructed solutions to solve business requirements in an efficient way.
- Proposed and led data schema changes that improved the product with minimum effort, eliminating tech debts.
- Led the engineering effort of developing a new product.
Full-stack Software Engineer
- Built concrete Ruby on Rails APIs that carried out tasks via Node.js microservices.
- Developed and implemented a strategy for migrating the front-end codebase to React additively.
- Designed and implemented NoSQL solutions based on an in-house framework.
- Constructed a Chrome developer tool to help developers debug and analyze a proprietary state-management framework.
- Constructed middleware that allowed React to work with our proprietary model framework.
- Built and analyzed an ad exchange platform with React/Angular 1 frameworks.
- Developed friendly Ruby on Rails APIs for our front-end application.
- Developed responsive mobile web applications with AngularJS.
- Analyzed front-end technological options (CSS frameworks, Protractor, design patterns, and more) and helped the team settle upon our technology foundation.
- Led the development of Sears eCoupon application with similar criteria and oversaw its deployment and integration with Sears' subsidiary domains.
The noticeable outcome of this project includes:
• New developers can understand the purpose of our framework much quicker.
• Enabled the back-end developers to become better at writing front-end state-related code and understanding the underlying framework.
• Reduced the amount of unit testing that needed to be done for state management.
• Provided a common ground for discussions and planning around state management; this tool became the main visual representation used to analyze options.
It provides a list of coupons that have certain categories and availability tagged with them. The user may filter coupons by specifying the criteria (e.g., category). The application was eventually restyled to fit into Sears/Kmart mobile web application. I led a small team of two developers to focus on the user experience distinctions between the tablet and phone.
My main roles in this application include:
• Performant loading and filtering process with the resource APIs which present coupons efficiently to the user.
• Automated integration with Sears, Kmart, and Shop Your Way.
• Enhanced the end product which included resizing and animating the layout transition from portrait vs landscape view in a pixel-perfect manner.
• Oversaw its delivery and QA feedback.
Official Sears URL (rethemed and restyled for the tablet):
Centro Media Manager
Sears White Label Cart and Checkout
You'll need to simulate a mobile device in order to access the app without being redirected.
.NET, AngularJS, Ruby on Rails (RoR), Hyperapp, Electron, React Native, Bootstrap, Redux, Protractor, Express.js, Angular
Statechart.js, React, Node.js, TensorFlow, D3.js, Vue, jQuery
Webpack, Jscodeshift, Rollup, Vim Text Editor, Jenkins, Chrome Developer Tools
MacOS, Visual Studio Code (VS Code), Linux, Amazon Web Services (AWS), Kubernetes, Docker
Mobile Web, Front-end Development, Elm Architecture
PostgreSQL, MySQL, MongoDB, PostGIS
Bachelor of Science Degree in Infromation Systems
SUNY Stony Brook University - Stony Brook, NY, USA