Elm Developer in Dublin, CA, United States
Software Engineer2014 - PRESENTCentro, Inc.
Technologies: Ruby on Rails, React, Angular 1, PostgresSQL
- Constructed a Chrome developer tool to help developers debug and analyze a proprietary state-management framework.
- Constructed middleware that allowed React work with our proprietary model framework.
- Built and analyzed an ad exchange platform with React/Angular 1 frameworks.
- Developed friendly Ruby on Rails APIs for our front-end application.
Software Engineer2012 - PRESENTSears Holdings Corporation
Technologies: Angular 1, jQuery, Java
- Developed responsive mobile web applications with AngularJS.
- Analyzed front-end technological options (CSS frameworks, Protractor, design patterns, and more) and helped the team settle upon our technology foundation.
- Led the development of Sears eCoupon application with a similar criteria and oversaw its deployment and integration with Sears' subsidiary domains.
- Cartographer (Development)https://statechart-cartographer-54321.herokuapp.com/
A Chrome developer's tool that generates a diagram on-the-fly for applications running on Statechart.js, see more at Github.com/burrows/statechart.js. It helps developers visualize the state of the application and captures applications' live states.
The noticeable outcome of this project includes:
• New developers can understand the purpose of our framework much quicker.
• Enabled the back-end developers to become better at writing front-end state-related code and understanding the underlying framework.
• Reduced the amount of unit testing that needed to be done for state management.
• Provided a common ground for discussions and planning around state management; this tool became the main visual representation used to analyze options.
- Xiang Qi (Development)https://xiangqi-19724.herokuapp.com/#app
- eCoupons (Development)https://www.shopyourway.com/mp/app/10041/l
A simplified version of Shop Your Way mobile coupons application. It has built-in Angular code and is styled mainly in the ShopYour Way proprietary version of Bootstrap.
It provides a list of coupons that have certain categories and availability tagged with them. The user may filter coupons by specifying the criteria (e.g., category). The application was eventually restyled to fit into Sears/Kmart mobile web application. I led a small team of two developers to focus on the user experience distinctions between the tablet and phone.
My main roles in this application include:
• Performant loading and filtering process with the resource APIs which present coupons efficiently to the user.
• Automated integration with Sears, Kmart, and Shop Your Way.
• Enhanced the end product which included resizing and animating the layout transition from portrait vs landscape view in a pixel-perfect manner.
• Oversaw its delivery and QA feedback.
Official Sears URL (rethemed and restyled for the tablet):
- Song Cloak (Development)https://songcloak.herokuapp.com/
- Memory Game (Development)https://congwenma.github.io/memory_game/
A simple game that looks for two identical tiles at a time. The UI was built with React and MobX was used for state management.
- Chess in Elm (Development)https://congwenma.github.io/chess.elm/
A simple chess game built in Elm. Some advanced moves such as castling and promotions were left out. This was made mainly to visualize and understand Elm's behavior in handling DOM manipulation and large computations.
- Centro Media Manager (Development)
Centro Media Manager is a cloud-based web application platform designed to help create and execute data-driven digital media campaigns.
- Sears White Label Cart and Checkout (Development)https://m.sears.com
I developed a white-label cart and checkout feature (including many of its payments systems) that was part of a customizable mobile-based online shopping application that we built at Sears; it mainly focused on cross-platform compatibility and dynamic themes by using Angular 1 and Foundation CSS.
You'll need to simulate a mobile device in order to access the app without being redirected.
FrameworksAngularJS, Ruby on Rails (RoR), Hyperapp, Electron, Bootstrap, Redux, Protractor, Express.js
Libraries/APIsStatechart.js, React, Node.js, D3.js, Vue.js
ToolsWebpack, Jscodeshift, Rollup, Vim Text Editor
PlatformsMacOS, Visual Studio Code, Linux
OtherMobile Web, Elm Architecture
- Bachelor of Science degree in Infromation Systems2008 - 2012SUNY Stony Brook University - Stony Brook, NY, USA