Verified Expert in Engineering
Jira, Slack, Terminal, Chrome Developer Tools, Visual Studio Code (VS Code), MacOS, GitHub
The most amazing...
...thing I've creatively developed is a React project that uses WordPress custom post types to dynamically render components.
Senior Full-stack Developer
- Set up and developed a Next.js application with TypeScript as a part of a monorepo. The app integrates with an API that dynamically renders a step-by-step scheduling form for users to schedule a Telenutrition appointment.
- Integrated an existing web application and API with a translation service to render static and dynamic content in Spanish and other languages.
- Owned the front-end application and developed features as needed for the product—working with designers, product managers, and other engineers.
Senior Full-stack Developer
- Developed features for a React application that integrates with a Node.js API.
- Worked with the project manager, UI designers, and other developers (full stack and mobile) to implement features.
Senior Software Engineer
- Developed features for both Electron (React for desktop) and React Native, using shared modules, MobX, and SQLite.
- Led the migration from class components to function components with an emphasis on using custom hooks and composition over class inheritance.
- Worked with styled-components to abstract CSS from React.
- Designed the unit and E2E test suite implementation for developer workflow and CI/CD integration using Mocha, Chai, and Nock.js.
- Served as the lead engineer of the product. Conducted seven technical interviews and mentored three junior developers and one mid-level developer during my employment.
- Co-designed three external API integrations with the CEO and led the implementation on the front end and back end.
- Co-led a React front-end refactor to use Next.js with TypeScript.
- Developed features on multiple projects that covered a wide range of technologies including React, WordPress, PHP, VanillaJS, Redux, HTML, and CSS.
- Worked as an independent contractor and managed my own hours and workload.
- Developed a React site that used Siteleaf as a headless CMS.
McGraw Hill Education
- Traveled as a team representative in a company-wide effort for a large application rewrite.
- Committed code to multiple repositories, including Angular, PHP, and Go projects.
- Participated in a full agile work environment, including daily collaboration with the project managers, UX designers, and other developers.
Borderless Global Payment Platform
• Enable uploading identification documents from a computer or phone
• Initiate bank transactions
• Receive banking information using the provider's login credentials.
Tools: GraphQL, Apollo Client and Server, React, Node.js, TypeScript, Prisma (ORM), AWS, and GitLab
I designed an end-to-end testing suite and implemented over 250 tests. I also co-architected a CI/CD pipeline for the front and back end to ensure product stability by the execution of automated tests, type checking, schema consistency, and successful code compiling and building.
Redux, Ant Design, Next.js, Angular, Express.js, Tailwind CSS, Protractor, React Native, Electron
React, Node.js, RxJS, Chai, MobX
Git, React Apollo, Chrome Developer Tools, Jira, Prisma, GitHub, Terminal, Slack, GitLab, CircleCI
Visual Studio Code (VS Code), MacOS, Amazon Web Services (AWS), WordPress
Front-end, APIs, Apollo, Apollo Server, Mathematics
Bachelor of Science in Mathematics
University of Kentucky - Lexington, KY, USA
How to Work with Toptal
Toptal matches you directly with global industry experts from our network in hours—not weeks or months.
Share your needs
Choose your talent
Start your risk-free talent trial
Top talent is in high demand.Start hiring