Senior Software Engineer2020 - PRESENTTrainerRoad
Technologies: MobX, React Native, React
- Develop features for both Electron (React for desktop) and React Native, using shared modules, MobX, and SQLite.
- Led the migration from class components to function components with an emphasis on using custom hooks and composition over class inheritance.
- Worked with styled-components to abstract CSS from React.
Full-stack Developer2019 - 2020Borderless
Technologies: Next.js, Amazon Web Services (AWS), GitLab, AWS, Ant Design, Redis, Prisma, Apollo, GraphQL, Node.js, TypeScript, React
- Designed Unit and E2E test suite implementation for developer workflow and CI/CD integration using Mocha, Chai, and Nock.js.
- Served as the lead engineer of the product. Conducted seven technical interviews and mentored three junior developers and one mid-level developer during my employment.
- Co-designed three external API integrations with the CEO and led the implementation on the front end and back end.
- Co-led a React front-end refactor to use Next.js with TypeScript.
- Developed features on multiple projects that covered a wide range of technologies including React, WordPress, PHP, VanillaJS, Redux, HTML, and CSS.
- Worked as an independent contractor and managed own hours and workload.
- Developed a React site that used Siteleaf as a headless CMS.
Full-stack Developer2017 - 2018McGraw Hill Education
Technologies: CircleCI, Sass, CSS, HTML, Go, PHP, Protractor, Chai, Redux, RxJS, TypeScript, Angular
- Traveled as a team representative in a company-wide effort for large application rewrite.
- Committed code to multiple repositories, including Angular, PHP, and GoLang projects.
- Participated in a full agile work environment, including daily collaboration with the project managers, UX designers, and other developers.