Verified Expert in Engineering
Linux, Git, Docker, Amazon Web Services (AWS)
The most amazing...
...service I created implemented scientific analyses as versioned graphs of Docker containers to provide reproducible results.
- Developed a service (TypeScript, Flask, and Hasura) while contributing as a lead and overseeing other developers (three developers).
- Designed and implemented a service to handle reproducible scientific workflows; leveraged AWS container service and versioned files in S3.
- Built a service for a medical marijuana startup; also designed a multi-state site, processed payment, and handled appointments and sensitive documents within HIPAA constraints.
- Developed a UI for a ticket sales startup; connected to Auth0 and processed payments via Stripe.
- Solved a large performance issue in our Django search API by submitting a fix to a popular open-source library, Django REST Framework.
- Created the front-end code responsible for complex flows like launching virtual machines; designed the process for caching front-end data.
- Managed code releases (tagging and merging of features and hot-fixes) for a team of four with Git.
- Developed a tool to deploy the service on a Linux server or virtual machine. It was used by the team to have a consistent development environment.
The platform allowed conforming docker images to be connected into pipelines. These pipelines were then versioned and could be passed files as inputs to produce outputs.
This service was implemented using a TypeScript front end, which subscribed to data changes via GraphQL. The back end for analyses was a Flask API, which launched docker containers in AWS ECS and managed files via AWS S3.
Programmatic Ad Targeting Platformhttps://www.healiolytics.com/
After working with this client to develop the first iteration of this project, I was hired to implement the customer-facing version. I worked with a design team and managed three other developers to complete this project. I also developed a docker-based development environment and hosted the service in AWS. I then used Terraform to manage a staging and production environment in AWS.
Redux, Flask, Django
Git, Terraform, AWS Fargate, Amazon Virtual Private Cloud (VPC), Ansible
Amazon Web Services (AWS), Linux, Docker
Authentication, Webhooks, OAuth
Bachelor of Science Degree in Computer Science
University of Arizona - Tucson, AZ, United States
How to Work with Toptal
Toptal matches you directly with global industry experts from our network in hours—not weeks or months.
Share your needs
Choose your talent
Start your risk-free talent trial
Top talent is in high demand.Start hiring