Verified Expert in Engineering
Connor is a front-end developer and designer who specializes in creating high-quality, well-designed React apps. After spending multiple years developing software for new medical devices, he pursued a master's degree at Carnegie Mellon's human-computer interaction program. This program enabled Connor to hone his front-end development and UX skills.
Git, GitHub, Slack, Visual Studio Code (VS Code), MacOS
The most amazing...
...thing I've developed is a platform to coordinate the manufacturing and distribution of locally made PPE during the beginning of the pandemic.
Carnegie Mellon University
- Developed an annotation-based Chrome extension API documentation using React, which led developers to perform 79% better on an API learning task than the control group.
- Refactored the application to use React Hooks, cutting over 2,000 lines of code.
- Implemented Google Analytics into the application to improve data analysis capabilities.
- Developed and tested new medical devices with an interdisciplinary team of engineers.
- Created device prototypes with Arduino and C++ and built a graphic user interface in Python to collect and analyze data from device testing.
- Oversaw the entire development cycle of a ventilator working with contractors to test and manufacture the device.
BetterWorld Platform on Reacthttps://connorshannon.webflow.io/work/betterworld
We co-designed the platform with a college organization and iteratively ran user tests with 10 organization members. We used Agile methodology and Scrum to run multiple two-week sprints during the MVP development stage.
WICster | A Personalized Nutrition Coachhttps://connorshannon.webflow.io/work/pa-wic-case-study
This was part of a 7-month capstone project through CMU's masters of human-computer interaction program, where my team and I worked with clients at Pennsylvania's Special Supplemental Nutrition Program for Women, Infants, and Children (WIC), a state government supplemental nutrition program to create a solution that helps low-income families develop and maintain healthy habits.
As the project manager, I facilitated the daily stand-up meetings and came up with a system in Miro to keep the team aligned and accountable while mainly working remotely. I led multiple design sprints and ensured that everyone had a say in the final project direction.
As the tech lead, I worked with the designers and researchers to determine the technical feasibility of our solutions and created a fully-automated SMS chatbot that sent personalized tips to participants.
Remote HQ | Collaborative Workspacehttps://connorshannon.webflow.io/work/remote-hq2
This was part of a final project in the Software Usable Interfaces course at Carnegie Mellon. I led the efforts of designing the state management and site infrastructure in React to connect our platform to a back end in Firebase.
Firebase, MacOS, Twilio, Visual Studio Code (VS Code)
React, Node.js, Google APIs
Figma, Git, GitHub, MATLAB, Slack, Dialogflow
User Testing, Agile
Chrome Extensions, Styled-components, Microcontroller Programming, Sensors & Actuators, Medical Devices
Next.js, Tailwind CSS, Flutter
Master's Degree in Human-computer Interaction
Carnegie Mellon University - Pittsburgh, PA, USA
Bachelor's Degree in Biomedical Engineering
University of Delaware - Newark, DE, USA