Verified Expert in Engineering
Software Engineer and iOS Developer
Conor is an experienced iOS software engineer and doctoral candidate in computer science, focusing on the intersection of machine learning and software systems. Notable clients include NBC, Google, Amazon, CNBC, Bravo, and E!. He developed an app where users can schedule food pick-ups to local homeless shelters and soup kitchens, track the status of volunteers, and send real-time updates. What separates Conor from the average software engineer is his creative solutions to complex problems.
Xcode, PyCharm, MySQL Workbench
The most amazing...
...iOS framework I've built was Amazon video ads and its ad server.
- Served as an iOS specialist on a team that builds mobile-specific features for Google Editor apps, including Docs, Slides, and Sheets.
- Implemented and designed features for Stream View in Google Slides iOS, a user interface that allows for a better way of consuming content since 90% of enterprise sessions do not edit the content on mobile, which is UI and UX view-only.
- Tracked and fixed accessibility bugs across all our platforms, including Google Slides, Docs, and Sheets for iOS.
- Oversaw the launch process of all three platform apps and monitored crash rates; this sometimes required rolling back versions and cherry-picking new code.
- Designed and implemented a large feature that was utilized across Slides, Docs, and Sheets. This project is still in the experimental phases and considered an NDA.
Software Development Engineer
- Built the iOS framework for Amazon video ads. This is Amazon's version of pop-up video ads similar to Google IMA. The framework is currently used in the iOS app for Twitch and delivers millions of ads worldwide per day.
- Assisted the Twitch iOS team to integrate our framework. I worked directly with the team to ensure a seamless experience for the developers and users.
- Implemented portions of the Amazon data-pipeline. Specifically, I built a test pipeline to verify changes did not break our current implementation.
iOS Tech Lead
- Served as the sole iOS software engineer on a full-stack mobile team that built all of Insider's mobile and connected TV apps.
- Built a payment and login system for our Business Insider Prime subscription using Apple's in-app purchases and third-party back-end authentication.
- Reimplemented all video and audio logic using JW Player and Apple's AVFoundation.
- Updated all ad logic for JW Player and Google banner ads.
Senior iOS Developer
- Built a video player and user authentication SDK used internally by other NBCUniversal app teams and externally by service providers to play live television and video on demand.
- Architected all ad logic, including disabling seek functionality, firing tracking beacons including third-party trackers, ad crediting, and bouncing a user back to ad breaks.
- Updated the Google Cast Framework (Chromecast API) and fixed all related bugs.
- Produced new builds every two weeks, which demanded real-time support and hotfixes for our clients. Our client list included NBC Digital, CNBC, SyFy, USA, Bravo, E!, Telemundo, Oxygen, Sprout, Esquire, Universo, MSNBC, Direct TV, and Xfinity.
- Built products, specifically our mobile SDK, which delivered and optimized video ads on mobile and connected TV platforms and provided flexible monetization tools for our publishers such as ABC, Buzzfeed, and Bloomberg.
- Prepared the iOS SDK for handling vertical ads.
- Implemented and updated third-party trackers including MOAT, DoubleVerify, and IAS AVID.
- Worked with ad types such as VAST, MRAID, VPAID, and our own Tremor Video-produced ads.
Tremor Video iOS SDKhttps://github.com/TremorVideoMobile/TremorVideo-iOS-SDK
Swift, Objective-C, Swift 5, SQL
UIKit, iOS SDK
Xcode, PyCharm, JW Player, MySQL Workbench
iOS, MacOS, Firebase, tvOS
Machine Learning, Algorithms, Design, Deep Learning, Computer Science, System Design, Software Development, Objective-C++, Research, AVFoundation, Chromecast, Advertising, Video Ads, SDKs, Artificial Intelligence (AI), Software System Architecture Development, Software System Design & Configuration
Firebase iOS SDK
Database Management Systems (DBMS), NoSQL, MySQL
Doctorate of Engineering Sciences in Computer Science
Columbia Univerisity - New York, USA
Master's Degree in Computer Science
Columbia University - New York, USA
Bachelor's Degree in History
Columbia University - New York, USA