Verified Expert in Engineering
Corey began his career as a full-stack engineer and has since become an expert in front-end systems. He has completed integrations and releases, set up testing libraries, and prototyped an invoice and claims tracking application. Corey created a complex wrapper component for one of Pegasystems' most heavily used tools, where he is also one of the core contributors to their new design system developed in React.
The most amazing...
...project I've worked on is the core architecture for a React component library (Pega Cosmos).
Senior Front-end Developer
Super Amazing LLC
- Added multiple new pages in the UI that included various features. Some of these features include watching videos and saving the progress and a community page where users are able to comment and interact with posts.
- Added multiple new GraphQL endpoints through Prisma to support the UI features I mentioned above.
- Helped push out core features needed for the launch of Sounds True One.
Senior Software Engineer
- Acted as the driving force behind using Styled-components, which is now used heavily to theme the component library.
- Responsible for setting up the Enzyme and React testing library and creating unit testing standards for the it.
- Created and maintained a complex wrapper component for one of the most heavily used components in Pega's software (Rich Text Editor).
- Implemented a feature that allowed items to be added to a customer's auto-ship order by clicking a single link from their email.
- Integrated Chewy's concept of virtual bundling with their auto-ship service on all product, auto-ship, and order pages.
- Participated in the release cycle. Oversaw running releases, which included communicating to organizations regarding the deadlines for merging features, merging relevant hotfixes, and deploying the main eCommerce application.
- Designed and developed an interactive forum for pharmacy warehouse workers. The app enabled them to ask and answer other employees' questions and was gamified with a badging and points system.
- Designed and prototyped an invoice and claims tracking application.
- Served as the sole full-stack engineer for an application that monitored the health of various servers, monitors, and other app services that ran United Health Group and Optum's deployed software projects.
Data Visualization Researcher
Cognitive and Immersive Systems Lab
- Researched and designed a data visualization for the labs' analogy engine.
- Developed data visualization using Vue.js and Node.js.
- Achieved an RPI research award for a presentation on the design and development of said visualization.
Sounds True Onehttp://one.soundstrue.com
Next.js, Tailwind CSS, Svelte, Angular, Material UI, Redux
React, Vue 2, Node.js, D3.js, Vue
NPM, Front-end Build Tools
MacOS, Netlify, Heroku, Firebase
Web Development, UI Programming, Styled-components, Front-end Development, Enzyme, Design Systems, Front-end, Front-end Architecture, User Interface (UI), Application State Management, Game Design, Gatsby, Front-end Design, Charts, Back-end, Game Development, User Experience (UX), Graphic Design, Data Visualization, Full-stack
Working Towards a Master's Degree in User Experience
Arizona State University - Tempe, Arizona, USA
Bachelor's Degree in Games and Simulation Arts and Sciences
Rensselaer Polytechnic Institute - Troy, New York, USA
How to Work with Toptal
Toptal matches you directly with global industry experts from our network in hours—not weeks or months.
Share your needs
Choose your talent
Start your risk-free talent trial
Top talent is in high demand.Start hiring