Director of Product Engineering2015 - PRESENTForever
- Recruited and led a team of 20+ agile developers/designers who worked on all aspects of the website: www.forever.com.
- Constructed a robust SEO-focused eCommerce solution from the ground up to host over 10,000 unique products and process millions of dollars of transactions a month.
- Architected and built a blazing fast infinitely scalable photo storage and organizing REST API using Ruby on Rails, PostgreSQL, Redis, Heroku, and AWS.
- Led business and design decisions to drive Forever, Inc. from making thousands of dollars a month to millions of dollars a month.
Full-Stack Freelance Developer2011 - 2015Agile Productions, LLC
Technologies: Ruby on Rails, AngularJS, React, Cordova, PostgreSQL, MongoDB, Redis, MeteorJS, Heroku, AWS
- Turned startup ideas into blazing fast applications using leading technologies like Ruby on Rails, MeteorJS, React, PostgreSQL, Redis, Cordova, Heroku, and AWS.
- Contracted with industry leaders like UPMC to develop cutting-edge mobile and web applications using Ruby on Rails, Cordova, and AngularJS.
- Leveraged cutting-edge business development tools like Stripe, TaxJar, MailChimp, New Relic, Optimizely, Kissmetrics, and more to quickly iterate on new apps for early stage startups.
Co-Founder | Lead Full-Stack Engineer2012 - 2014Social Data Technologies
- Managed and was responsible for leading the full-stack development of a video dating and real-time messaging site.
- Designed and built a viral Facebook app that brought in over 400,000 unique users to the site.
- Implemented machine learning algorithms to match personalities accurately using traits from the users’ Facebook statuses and posts.
Co-Founder | Experience Designer2008 - 2011Agile Games, LLC
- Built a series of massively multiplayer games on Facebook, Twitter, and the web.
- Scaled the applications to have over 10 million unique users, 85K daily active users, and over 800 million page views—all with a JRuby-based Ruby on Rails application.
- Volt (Development)http://voltframework.com/
Volt is a framework for building data-rich web applications shockingly fast.
Volt is a reactive web framework where your Ruby code runs both on the server and the client (via Opal). The DOM automatically updates as the user interacts with the page—intelligently updating only the nodes that need to be changed. The data can easily be stored on the page, in a cookie, or in a database.
FrameworksMaterialize CSS, AngularJS, Capybara, Ruby on Rails (RoR), Bootstrap 3+, PhoneGap, Cordova
Libraries/APIsPicasa API, Twitter API, Facebook Open Graph API, Facebook API, Stripe API, GitHub API, jQuery, Vue.js, Ruby on Rails API, Instagram API, Node.js, React, React Router
ToolsAWS EBS, Amazon SQS, AWS CloudWatch, RSpec, NPM, Git, RVM, TextMate, Sublime Text 3, Adobe Photoshop, Adobe Illustrator, Google Analytics, GitHub, Stylus, Amazon CloudFront CDN, Adobe After Effects, Gulp.js, Webpack, Puppet, Vim Text Editor, Grunt, Capistrano
PlatformsAmazon Web Services (AWS), AWS Lambda, AWS EC2, Heroku, New Relic, Meteor, KISSmetrics, Linux
StoragePostgreSQL, Redis, AWS S3, AWS RDS, MySQL, Elasticsearch, MongoDB
OtherCapybara-Webkit, Ruby on Rails Optimization, Turbolinks, AWS Route 53, Autodesk Maya, Facebook Ads
- Bachelor of Science in Accounting2004 - 2007Franciscan University of Steubenville - Steubenville, OH, USA