Co-founder / Software Architect2019 - 2021Honey Press
- Developed and designed the front end, using React, Redux, and Next.js for solid SEO, optimistic updates, and asynchronous image processing.
- Increased conversions with an optimized checkout flow using Ruby on Rails, Sidekiq, Stripe, and Google Optimize.
- Built an infinitely scalable and near-instant image optimization API using Node.js, AWS API Gateway, AWS Lambda, and Amazon CloudFront.
Software Architect2017 - 2019North of You
- Led, as the first employee, the design and engineering efforts that successfully launched a marketing site, API, IOT device, IOS app, and Android app, leading to over $15 million in sales within the first year of business.
- Built and launched Witharsenal.com, using Heroku, Ruby on Rails, PostgreSQL, Vue.js, and Stripe.
- Quadrupled conversions by building a custom checkout experience and perfecting it with Google Optimize.
- Created marketing funnels by seamlessly integrating site events with Facebook Ads Manager and Intercom.
- Coded the Arsenal IOT device that connected to hundreds of DSLR cameras using Ruby, Python, and Linux.
- Implemented an interface to feed video into AI models to intelligently update the settings of a DSLR camera.
- Raced against delivery deadlines to design and build React Native apps for the Arsenal IoT device.
- Constructed a custom message bus to allow prioritized communications between the apps and the Arsenal IOT device.
- Optimized app UI performance by using windowed lists, animation frames, and custom native components.
Director of Engineering and Design2015 - 2017Forever
- Drove business direction to build an eCommerce site to sell custom photo products, led product design to grow a photo storage app, and ultimately scaled the photo storage app to handle billions of photos.
- Recruited and led a team of over 20 agile engineers and designers who worked on all aspects of Forever.com.
- Improved communication, prioritization, and understanding across departments to force focus towards growth.
- Built a custom Ruby on Rails eCommerce site that seamlessly integrated with customizable photo products.
- Processed tens of millions of dollars of transactions with no critical errors or downtime.
- Implemented SEO, filtering and sorting over 10,000 unique products across the eCommerce site.
- Developed a state-of-the-art affiliate program with beautiful dashboards, customer messaging, and incentives.
- Architected and implemented a blazing fast and infinitely scalable photo storage API using Ruby and PostgreSQL.
- Added AI tagging, search, and autocomplete via ElasticSearch to instantly filter across billions of photos.
- Perfected UI and UX across the apps by designing features with user testing, A/B testing, and metric analysis.
Co-founder / Full-stack Engineer2008 - 2015Agile Productions
Technologies: Amazon Web Services (AWS), AWS, Heroku, Meteor, Redis, MongoDB, PostgreSQL, Cordova, React, AngularJS, Ruby on Rails (RoR), Ruby
- Ran a consulting company that developed enterprise quality applications at a fraction of the cost by using exceptionally productive cutting-edge technologies.
- Contracted with industry leaders like UPMC to develop mobile and web applications.
- Maintained customer apps with ease thanks to complete test suites and simple, readable code.
- Scaled up an application to over a million unique users, 85,000 daily active users, and billions of page views.