Director of Product Engineering2015 - PRESENTForever
- Recruited and led a team of 20+ agile developers/designers who worked on all aspects of the website: www.forever.com.
- Constructed a robust SEO-focused eCommerce solution from the ground up to host over 10,000 unique products and process millions of dollars of transactions a month.
- Architected and built a blazing fast infinitely scalable photo storage and organizing REST API using Ruby on Rails, PostgreSQL, Redis, Heroku, and AWS.
- Led business and design decisions to drive Forever, Inc. from making thousands of dollars a month to millions of dollars a month.
Full-Stack Freelance Developer2011 - 2015Agile Productions, LLC
Technologies: Amazon Web Services (AWS), AWS, Heroku, Meteor, Redis, MongoDB, PostgreSQL, Apache Cordova, React, AngularJS, Ruby on Rails (RoR), Ruby
- Turned startup ideas into blazing fast applications using leading technologies like Ruby on Rails, MeteorJS, React, PostgreSQL, Redis, Cordova, Heroku, and AWS.
- Contracted with industry leaders like UPMC to develop cutting-edge mobile and web applications using Ruby on Rails, Cordova, and AngularJS.
- Leveraged cutting-edge business development tools like Stripe, TaxJar, MailChimp, New Relic, Optimizely, Kissmetrics, and more to quickly iterate on new apps for early stage startups.
Co-Founder | Lead Full-Stack Engineer2012 - 2014Social Data Technologies
- Managed and was responsible for leading the full-stack development of a video dating and real-time messaging site.
- Designed and built a viral Facebook app that brought in over 400,000 unique users to the site.
- Implemented machine learning algorithms to match personalities accurately using traits from the users’ Facebook statuses and posts.
Co-Founder | Experience Designer2008 - 2011Agile Games, LLC
- Built a series of massively multiplayer games on Facebook, Twitter, and the web.
- Scaled the applications to have over 10 million unique users, 85K daily active users, and over 800 million page views—all with a JRuby-based Ruby on Rails application.