Lead Engineer2017 - 2019North of You
- As the first employee, I led the design and engineering efforts that successfully launched a marketing site, API, IOT device, IOS app and Android app that led to over $15 million in sales within the first year of business.
- Built and launched www.witharsenal.com using Heroku, Ruby on Rails, PostgreSQL, Vue.js and Stripe.
- Quadrupled conversions by building a custom checkout experience and perfecting it with Google Optimize.
- Created marketing funnels by seamlessly integrating site events with Facebook Ads Manager and Intercom.
- Coded the Arsenal IOT device that connected to hundreds of DSLR cameras using Ruby, Python and Linux.
- Implemented an interface to feed video into AI models to intelligently update the settings of a DSLR camera.
- Successfully raced against delivery deadlines to design and build React Native apps for the Arsenal IOT device.
- Built a custom message bus to allow prioritized communications between the apps and the Arsenal IOT device.
- Optimized app UI performance by using windowed lists, animation frames and custom native components.
Director of Engineering and Design2015 - 2017Forever
- Drove business direction to build an e-commerce site to sell custom photo products, led product design to grow a photo storage app, and ultimately scaled the photo storage app to handle billions of photos.
- Recruited and led a team of 20+ agile engineers and designers who worked on all aspects of www.forever.com.
- Improved communication, prioritization and understanding across departments to force focus towards growth.
- Built a custom Ruby on Rails e-commerce site that seamlessly integrated with customizable photo products.
- Processed tens of millions of dollars of transactions with no critical errors or downtime.
- Implemented SEO, filtering and sorting of over 10,000 unique products across the e-commerce site.
- Developed a state of the art affiliate program with beautiful dashboards, customer messaging and incentives.
- Architected and implemented a blazing fast infinitely scalable photo storage API using Ruby and PostgreSQL.
- Added AI tagging, search and autocomplete via ElasticSearch to instantly filter across billions of photos.
- Perfected UI and UX across the apps by designing features with user testing, A/B testing and metric analysis.
Co-founder / Full Stack Engineer2008 - 2015Agile Productions
Technologies: Amazon Web Services (AWS), AWS, Heroku, Meteor, Redis, MongoDB, PostgreSQL, Apache Cordova, React, AngularJS, Ruby on Rails (RoR), Ruby
- Ran a consulting company that developed enterprise quality applications at a fraction of the cost by using super productive cutting edge technologies.
- Contracted with industry leaders like UPMC to develop mobile and web applications.
- Maintained customer apps with ease thanks to complete test suites and simple, readable code.
- Scaled an application to over a million unique users, 85k daily active users and billions of page views.