Machine Learning Engineer2016 - PRESENTTappedout.NET
- Developed a recommendation system for a trading card game.
- Set up an Airflow environment to automate the site tasks, especially data-related tasks.
- Helped move the site infrastructure to Docker and Docker Compose.
- Developed a machine learning system for bots to automatically pick strategic cards based on one of the game's mechanics.
- Set up many machine learning models for different tasks as microservices via Flask.
- Designed a visual application with React for the platform's user to build their decks.
- Worked on a data model to detect spam bots from log files. Started by analyzing the data of many different logs and worked using clustering techniques to differentiate bots from humans.
Data Engineer2021 - 2022Honest Paws, LLC
Technologies: SQL, Python, Pandas, NumPy, Google BigQuery, Mixpanel, Python 3, Google Cloud, Google Cloud Storage, Docker, Google Cloud Functions, Google Cloud ML, Data Engineering, REST, REST APIs
- Helped the client identify problems in their codebase, fixing bugs and refactoring for better solutions, using Python, SQL, and Docker alongside the Google cloud services.
- Developed many Google cloud functions needed for the client to manage their data pipeline to provide their business analysts with clear views of the data.
- Assisted the client by teaching them best practices and explaining different use cases of their available technologies.
- Created several cloud functions using Google Cloud that connected their data pipeline, in Google BigQuery, to a dashboard via Mixpanel.
- Used a pipeline that applied the Google Cloud Natural Language Processing tool and wrote the results seamlessly for local storage and Google Cloud Storage.
Adjunct Professor2015 - 2022Universidad Nacional de Córdoba
Technologies: Databases, Scala, Akka, SQL, MongoDB, Machine Learning, Natural Language Processing (NLP), Haskell, Object-oriented Programming (OOP), Artificial Intelligence (AI), NumPy, SciPy, PyTorch, Deep Learning, Keras, NLTK, SpaCy, Gensim, fastText, Word2Vec, MySQL, Text Mining, Entity Extraction, Named-entity Recognition (NER), Text Classification, Sentiment Analysis, Argument Mining, Technical Writing, XML, Chatbot Conversation Design
- Taught students about SQL and MongoDB as a professor of database courses.
- Led classes as a professor of Programming Paradigms, where I trained students on functional programming, object-oriented programming, and actor-based concurrency in Haskell and Scala.
- Instructed Supervised Machine Learning, Deep Learning, and Recommendation Systems as part of the school of data science and machine learning specialization courses.
- Researched many NLP topics, particularly text classification, named entity recognition (NER), sentiment analysis, and argumentation mining, among others.
Senior Full-stack Developer2021 - 2021Xofia
Technologies: Python, FastAPI, Django, PostgreSQL, Beautiful Soup, Docker, Docker Compose, DigitalOcean, Search Engines, Information Retrieval, Text Mining, REST, Full-stack, Web Development, REST APIs
- Designed a search engine for keywords related to the oil extraction industry. The keywords were extracted from HTML files and searched via PostgreSQL full-text search.
- Implemented the search engine with an API via Python FastAPI, and the web interface using Django. Wrapped all the app with the help of Docker and Docker Compose.
- Deployed the application as a droplet in Digital Ocean with the help of Docker in order to have a beta version for the client to showcase.
Intern2014 - 2014Inria
- Developed a website to help with the automatic licensing of datasets.
- Handled everything from design and front end to the back end.
- Developed a natural language processing suite to automatically give an RDF representation of a written license.
Teaching Assistant2011 - 2013Universidad Nacional de Córdoba
Technologies: Python, Django, Linux, Technical Writing, XML
- Worked as a teaching assistant in three different courses: Programming Paradigms, Networks, and Software Engineering.
- Oversaw and graded students' deliverables for the three courses, the Networks and the Software Engineering Courses.
- Checked, tested, and provided feedback to the students regarding improvements to the software engineering course project completed in Django.
- Reviewed the networks course deliverable, a complete peer-to-peer (P2P) system for data transfer written in Python.
- Assisted the Programming Paradigms course professor in the practical part where we saw different programming paradigms such as declarative, functional, imperative, and object-oriented programming.
Junior Full-stack Developer2012 - 2012Machinalis
- Helped develop the ContinoIN platform in Django and Python.
- Tracked and fixed many bugs using Jira as a reporting tool.
- Wrote unit tests for Python and Django with the unit test framework.
- Applied a design given to me by the website owners with HTML, CSS, and Bootstrap.