Developer2020 - PRESENTFreelance (Smaller Projects)
Technologies: AWS, Python 3, VB, VB.NET, WCF Web Services, Encryption, Decompilation
- Ported a legacy VB6 application to Windows 7 GUI/OCX/DLL.
- Created a C# application to interact with other GUI applications through WCF calls and duplex WCF proxies.
- Developed an AWS Lambda function for user authentication, key encryption, and custom logic with Python 3.
Assistant Director | Senior Software Developer | Engineer2017 - 2020KPMG
- Planned, implemented, maintained, and fixed the rules and core functionalities of a multi-shore tax reporting application with more than 400 calculation rules and a distributed architecture with more than 100 parallel calculation threads.
- Managed and maintained the Docker environment and web UIs based on Razor and Angular.
- Maintained the infrastructure and the Windows and SQL server by implementing health monitoring and cleanup processes and optimizing resource usage.
Associate Director2016 - 2017UBS
- Planned out the architecture, development, change management, code reviews, and bug fixes of an internal business application with a web app, ClickOnce, and Windows service components.
- Worked on complex business functions, forecasting, nightly calculations, and client report generation regarding the performance of several financial organizations based on the data provided by them.
- Continuously communicated with the business users which included requirement gathering, release planning, training, coaching, and mentoring of an apprentice.
Senior Architect2014 - 2016Infomatix Ltd.
Technologies: API Integration, Fintech, Full-stack, Regression Testing, Best Practices, WCF Web Services, ASP.NET MVC, ASP.NET, jQuery, Web MVC, MVC Razor, APIs, .NET, Quality Assurance (QA), Kanban, Scrum, Jira, Microsoft SQL Server, C#.NET, Financial Reporting, Business Intelligence (BI), Spotfire
- Led two Scrum development teams, ensured deadlines were kept, and provided technical support for all team members.
- Extended the TIBCO Spotfire data visualization application with enhancements, extensions, and management tools.
- Reviewed the code, designed the software architecture, trained, ensured quality, and found and investigated new directions and technologies.
- Optimized SQL, Hadoop/Hive queries, and C# code resulting in 30-200% performance improvement.
Lead Developer2013 - 2014Self-employed
- Led a team of four developers that designed and built a distributed n-tier architecture multimedia content provider system like Netflix; it was used in multiple countries with multiple languages and had a central management system on 100+ servers.
- Planned, designed, and developed a distributed web app for a hardware store. The main functionalities of the app were to sell custom products to suppliers and to generate and print statistics.
- Optimized SQL queries and C# code, resulting in 30-50% performance improvement.
Senior Software Engineer2012 - 2013EPAM Systems
- Designed and developed multiple internal web apps to support the HR and resource planning processes of my team.
- Took part in the first round of a Google hackathon and created a robot that had to occupy areas based on the rule book.
- Optimized SQL queries and C# code resulting in 10-80% performance improvement.
Business Analyst | Architect2004 - 2013Freelance
Technologies: PostgreSQL, MySQL
- Developed a complete application for a company with two shops and 25 employees (sellers) together. The app covered all the needs of the shop. From 2011, it was integrated with the webshop partially (both used the same storage).
- Implemented the main functions of sales, billing, automated orders, storage management, and alerts.
- Developed various forms of reporting, including automated reports, customizable reports, and time-focused reports (daily, bi-weekly, monthly, and yearly).
- Created a business recovery plan which included graceful degradation; also owned performance monitoring.
Senior Software Developer2007 - 2012Grape Solutions Ltd.
- Planned and implemented the base site engine and web check-in, additional services, passenger data; Wizzair.com version 1 ( 2007- 2010, not 100%). The engine was written in 40 hours, based on ASP, XML, XSLT, fully dynamic and recursive.
- Planned and developed the new site, which has been live since June 2012; Wizzair.com version 2 (2011-2012). The site was completely rewritten based on a mandatory third-party DLL library.
- Developed and planned the validation—processing, transforming of CSV data, and saving into SQL 2005 with SSIS for an American bank. It loaded 2-4GB every night with the constraint that during the load the old must be constantly accessible.
- Implemented the MS Access migration to SQL Server which included planning and creating an SQL Server database and loading data from MS Access into it.
- Developed a web-based insurance agent administration system for agent performance and commission calculation, approval system with a client-side grid containing dynamically defined calculations.
- Created the VAT refund system for Singapore customs in airports. The WPF UI contained all VAT related data with the possibility of approval/denial of the VAT refund by the customs..
- Optimized SQL databases, queries, and C# code resulting in 20-120% performance improvement for several applications and environments to be able to serve the load, persist data, and resist DDOS attacks.
Contract Developer2001 - 2007Self-employed
- Planned and developed a complete radio station site. The site had a complex management page with scheduling and other services.
- Planned, developed, and tested a modular portal system as an alternative to SharePoint 2003, with a workflow engine. Features are document, permission, user, and extension management. New modules can be loaded at any time without restarting the portal.
- Integrated different parts of a mobile phone-based payment system using BizTalk.
- Installed a high availability MS SQL, BizTalk, and IIS cluster with a port logging application for one of the biggest Hungarian banks.
- Created a system test plan for a newly developed system of a mobile telecommunications company with Mercury TestDirector.
- Developed a real-time factory controlling system with time-critical response times for a laundry business.
Software Developer2000 - 2001Nextra Hungary Ltd.
- Planned, created, and tested a product with IE Administration Kit. It could install a modem on Windows, connect to a server, guide the user through the registration, and at the end, downloaded a configuration and configured the modem for web surfing.
- Developed internal Nextra web pages based on SQL Server, Visual Basic, or ASP/HTML.
- Developed an internal app to support the company processes.