Data Engineering Developer
Cyril is a seasoned software engineer with a passion for cloud and distributed computing, data engineering, and natural language processing. He has gained a great deal of expertise developing solutions in information security and financial technology problem domains. Since 2018, Cyril has been a member of a research team conducting experiments on applying machine learning techniques to tackle network and endpoint security challenges.
ExperienceData Engineering - 8 yearsPython - 8 yearsAmazon Web Services (AWS) - 6 yearsJava - 5 yearsApache Airflow - 4 yearsScala - 4 yearsKubernetes - 4 yearsApache Spark - 4 years
Amazon Web Services (AWS), IntelliJ IDEA, MacOS
The most amazing...
...thing I've designed is a cloud-based data lake and an auto-scaling system for distributed training and tuning of machine learning models
- Designed and developed a data lake and an auto-scaling system for distributed training and tuning of machine learning models.
- Collaborated on a decision tree model for the static analysis layer of an endpoint security application.
- Improved batch job scheduling and optimized cloud computing costs.
ML/Data Platform Architect
SNAFU Records (via Toptal)
- Architected the company’s data ingestion, storage, and processing platform.
- Designed and developed the company’s Artist – Producer matchmaking services.
- Collaborated on due diligence and investment models.
Contract Senior Software Engineer
Private Client (via Toptal)
- Designed and developed the core UI components, back-end services, API gateway, and cloud infrastructure.
- Implemented the system integrations with third-party cloud image storage (Dropbox and Google Drive).
- Developed and implemented the system's synchronization, deduplication, and reverse image search services.
- Designed the subscription model and integrated the system with a payment gateway.
Senior Software Engineer
- Implemented a GraphQL interface on the back end for the system's new UI.
- Designed and implemented the project's secret management, monitoring, and centralized logging solutions.
- Facilitated the project's effort to migrate to AWS.
- Provisioned and maintained a Kubernetes cluster for testing, staging, and production environments.
Deutsche Börse Group
- Created a framework for QA engineers to perform integration and regression testing of the company's clearing (finance) and security services.
- Analyzed, estimated, and fulfilled functional and nonfunctional requirements for complex financial market features.
- Maintained the company's clearing (finance) and security services. Duties included, but were not limited to: analysis, bug fixing, refactoring, addressing performance issues, and internal 3L on-call support for financial market operations engineers.
Contract Software Engineer
Restoration Media (via Toptal)
- Designed, developed, and maintained a cloud-based, highly scalable, and efficient ETL system to handle reporting event data from the company's targeted email marketing campaigns.
- Designed and developed various webhooks, parsers, and clients for third-party APIs.
- Facilitated the company's effort to create a single data warehousing solution.
- Designed and developed data aggregation tools and dashboards for the company's data analysts and email marketing operations managers.
- Performed numerous migrations from the company's obsolete databases with ad hoc schema updates and modifications.
Lead Contract Software Engineer
Cisco Systems (via SoftServe)
- Maintained a database and a file system storage for a corpus of HTTP transactions.
- Developed a continuous deployment and monitoring strategy for the system and supervised its implementation process.
- Contrived and implemented an object model for manipulating and validating various versions of configuration files.
- Designed and deployed a multiprocessing system for validating HTTP-capturing signatures and testing their performance on multiple engines in all possible configurations.
Cisco Cognitive Threat Analyticshttps://cognitive.cisco.com/
Digital Artists’ Copyright Infringement Protection Platform (via Toptal)
ETL Pipeline for Email Marketing Campaigns (via Toptal)
Eurex Clearing’s C7
Cisco Application Visibility and Control (AVC)https://www.cisco.com/c/en/us/products/routers/avc-control.html
Django, Flask, Spring Boot, Apache Spark, Akka, Play Framework, Hibernate, Django REST Framework
Terraform, Apache Airflow, Celery, Jira, Helm, Splunk, Jenkins
Object-oriented Programming (OOP), DevOps, ETL, Functional Programming
Amazon Web Services (AWS), Kubernetes, Docker, JBoss, Linux, Heroku, Apache Flink, Databricks
Elasticsearch, Redis, PostgreSQL, MySQL, MongoDB, InfluxDB, Data Pipelines, Data Lake Design, Datadog
Cloud Computing, Data Engineering, Big Data, Natural Language Processing (NLP), Fintech, Information Security, GPT, Generative Pre-trained Transformers (GPT), Machine Learning, Finance, FTP, Pipelines
Pandas, Scikit-learn, Dask, PySpark, React, AMQP
Master's Degree in Applied Linguistics
Lviv Polytechnic National University - Lviv Ukraine
Machine Learning Engineering for Production (MLOps) Specialization