Research Engineer2018 - PRESENTCisco Systems
Technologies: Dask, Python, Java, Machine Learning, Big Data, Amazon Web Services (AWS), Kubernetes, Apache Spark, Apache Airflow, Scala, Apache Flink, SQL, Jira
- Designed and developed a data lake and an auto-scaling system for distributed training and tuning of machine learning models.
- Collaborated on a decision tree model for the static analysis layer of an endpoint security application.
- Improved batch job scheduling and optimized cloud computing costs.
ML/Data Platform Architect2020 - 2022SNAFU Records (via Toptal)
Technologies: Apache Airflow, Apache Spark, Amazon Web Services (AWS), Python, Machine Learning, Scala, Databricks, Data Engineering, Data Lake Design, Terraform, Datadog
- Architected the company’s data ingestion, storage, and processing platform.
- Designed and developed the company’s Artist – Producer matchmaking services.
- Collaborated on due diligence and investment models.
Contract Senior Software Engineer2017 - 2019Private Client (via Toptal)
- Designed and developed the core UI components, back-end services, API gateway, and cloud infrastructure.
- Implemented the system integrations with third-party cloud image storage (Dropbox and Google Drive).
- Developed and implemented the system's synchronization, deduplication, and reverse image search services.
- Designed the subscription model and integrated the system with a payment gateway.
Senior Software Engineer2017 - 2018Cisco Systems
- Implemented a GraphQL interface on the back end for the system's new UI.
- Designed and implemented the project's secret management, monitoring, and centralized logging solutions.
- Facilitated the project's effort to migrate to AWS.
- Provisioned and maintained a Kubernetes cluster for testing, staging, and production environments.
Software Engineer2015 - 2017Deutsche Börse Group
Technologies: Jenkins, Python, PostgreSQL, AMQP, JBoss EAP, Hibernate, Spring, Enterprise Java Beans (EJB), Java EE, SQL, Jira
- Created a framework for QA engineers to perform integration and regression testing of the company's clearing (finance) and security services.
- Analyzed, estimated, and fulfilled functional and nonfunctional requirements for complex financial market features.
- Maintained the company's clearing (finance) and security services. Duties included, but were not limited to: analysis, bug fixing, refactoring, addressing performance issues, and internal 3L on-call support for financial market operations engineers.
Contract Software Engineer2015 - 2015Restoration Media (via Toptal)
- Designed, developed, and maintained a cloud-based, highly scalable, and efficient ETL system to handle reporting event data from the company's targeted email marketing campaigns.
- Designed and developed various webhooks, parsers, and clients for third-party APIs.
- Facilitated the company's effort to create a single data warehousing solution.
- Designed and developed data aggregation tools and dashboards for the company's data analysts and email marketing operations managers.
- Performed numerous migrations from the company's obsolete databases with ad hoc schema updates and modifications.
Lead Contract Software Engineer2013 - 2015Cisco Systems (via SoftServe)
Technologies: Django REST Framework, Linux, Jenkins, MySQL, Django, Python, SQL, Jira, Amazon Web Services (AWS)
- Maintained a database and a file system storage for a corpus of HTTP transactions.
- Developed a continuous deployment and monitoring strategy for the system and supervised its implementation process.
- Contrived and implemented an object model for manipulating and validating various versions of configuration files.
- Designed and deployed a multiprocessing system for validating HTTP-capturing signatures and testing their performance on multiple engines in all possible configurations.