Software Consultant2017 - PRESENTStandard General, LP
Technologies: Excel, Advent Geneva, SQL, VB, C#
- Developed a position and trade reconciliation system for Geneva and BMS.
- Developed and supported various reports for trades, and historical returns.
- Developed an investor database and support for multiple funds.
Principal2016 - PRESENTDomanic, LLC
Technologies: Go, SCADA, Solaris, Linux, Windows
- Performed infrastructure and application vulnerability assessments, content security reviews, security architecture reviews, security operations monitoring and formulate escalation and mitigation strategy.
- Developed in-house application service that monitors the exposure to organization's internet footprint.
VP of Engineering2018 - 2019LoanStreet
Technologies: AWS CloudFormation, Python, React
- Optimized operational efficiency, scalability, and reliability. Introduced DevOps practice with CloudFormation and refactored Makefile and git hooks to trigger testing and continuous deployment using Travis build script to improve automation and productivity. Removed underperforming bottlenecks on Django to AWS lambda functions and API gateway. Refactored user identity management in Django to leverage AWS Cognito. Migrated idling EC2 to Fargate to slash cost while improving availability. Switched RabbitMQ to AWS Kinesis to handle robust messaging and set up AWS DMS to build data analytics reports from the production database. Implemented Bucardo on RDS Postgres database clusters for multi-master bidirectional replication across Virginia, Ohio, and Northern California datacenters. Set up Route53 to route traffic based on customer location.
- Reduced production downtime. Implemented SOC-type2 controls with proactive monitors, alerts, and audit trails based on severity using CloudWatch, CloudTrails, and GuardDuty along with AWS SNS/lambda triggers. Set up AWS X-ray to monitor data flows and drill-down business exceptions across multiple microservices and applications. Devised Lambda/S3 triggers to scan for virus or malware on incoming client transaction files to quarantine data and alert the support staffs.
- Led from the front and back with coding best practices and guidelines. Actively reviewed code changes in git pull requests throughout the day to ensure high code quality and best practices. Promoted design consistency and re-use by implementing the LoanStreet Standard Component Library in React to facilitate communication between UI/UX and engineering teams across changes.
- Created a high-performance culture by building a collaborative team. Inherited a team with no discernible work process and instilled the Agile software development methodology. Led quarterly release planning, sprints, testing, and release management processes producing significant client-driven enhancements. Attracted and retained a team of software engineers by creating a dynamic culture of trust, healthy conflict, commitment, accountability, and results. Mentored and advised senior managers and support staff to facilitate a technology-wide transformation to a new service-centric behavior change to IT delivery and support during the month-end client reporting period.
Software Consultant2016 - 2017Reservoir Capital, LP
Technologies: QuickBooks, Microsoft SQL Server, Node.js
- Developed a solution to pull live information out of multiple QuickBooks files and generate Excel reports real-time.
Chief Technology Officer2003 - 2014King Street Capital Management, LP
Technologies: Apache Kafka, Bloomberg API, SQL, Java, C#
- Designed the technology roadmap and budgeting, reviewing designs, and defining standards; leading implementations and collaborating with stakeholders to increase adoption and avoid redundancies.
- Identified revenue opportunities through the development of standardized information infrastructure to support full trade lifecycle for multiple asset types through team collaboration across the organization. Created email alerts to filter out noise, and trigger notifications and workflows based on market events and complex scenarios with proprietary complex event processing engine and exception-driven model.
- Formed and maintained staffing plan with an eye towards minimizing the firm’s cost and dependencies on contractors and vendors while maximizing ROI and service levels.
- Conceptualized and built-out scalable private and secure cloud infrastructure to provide resiliency and high performance computing and network platform to support and collaborate across global operations.
Principal2002 - 2003Liberty Street Partners, LLC
Technologies: SQL, C#, BizTalk
- Provided the analysis, design, and implementation of a web-based portfolio analytics program for the research group at a $2.5 billion fund of the hedge funds investment manager. The application consolidated individual hedge fund and index data from multiple sources into a centralized database, customized and mined Pertrac data, calculated performance statistics, and risk measures, and dynamically generated charts and manager summary reports.
- Implemented back-office integration framework for a proprietary trading firm with 200 traders and 7 different clearing firms. Automated the workflow to receive daily files from each clearing firm, parse the data, transform the files into a firm standard XML format, match transactions with trades entered into front-office applications, validate commissions/charges per transaction and post net cash changes to firm's General Ledger accounts.
- Implemented software and hardware pilot solution for Microsoft Global Summit (commissioned by USAID and Dell) to enable two manufacturing companies and freight forwarders to trade overseas electronically using document exchange based on XML. The scope encompassed defining XML message (PO notification, acknowledgement, quotation, progress report, and shipping document), enforcing security authentication and authorization, implementing message validation (syntactic and semantic checks), message tracking and routing, and server and network setup and hosting.
Architect2000 - 2002Sapient, Inc.
Technologies: IIS, ASP, Visual Basic (VB), SQL, Java, C++
- Implemented a subscription-based web portal for Moody's Investor Service to enable institutional clients to access Asset-Backed and Residential Mortgage Backed performance data from 1980’s to the present. Responsible for overall site design and architecture.
- Extracted business requirements and process flows for Morgan Stanley to redesign and consolidate Individual Investors' web portal ("public site") and rich-client based account management tool ("ClientServ") into a single web-based platform. Responsible for producing new interface processes, front-end screen flows, use cases, scope matrix, and functional specifications (Online Trade, Statement Link, Client Profile Management, and Research).
- Defined architecture, established layering of components, naming convention, deployment strategy, and other elements of application's infrastructure, incorporating company security requirements and considerations for simultaneous development by several developers for Bessemer Trust.
- Developed enterprise web application for secure document delivery and processing using iManage and Tumbleweed. Devised an overall strategy for the centralized framework and application management, database synchronization schedules and updates for Goldman Sachs.
- Developed programmatic SDK API for Bear Stearns' institutional clients to interface with Bear Stearns' security transactions and clearance infrastructure. Responsible for defining the technical architecture to interface with the firm's Entitlement Systems to extend existing Single Sign On infrastructure with EJB for Bear Stearns.
Architect1996 - 1997Intelisys, Inc.
Technologies: Cisco, IIS, C++
- Developed a fault-tolerant network security design and system administration for the electronic commerce message exchange.