Software Developer in Pace, FL, United States
Assistant Professor of Computer Science2012 - PRESENTUniversity of West Florida
Technologies: SQL Server BI, Windows, Linux, Hadoop, Oracle, Visual Studio
- Taught Java Programming, C++ Programming, Visual Basic, Data Mining, Data Warehousing, Database Administration, Database Security, and Software Engineering Process.
- Worked as the Principal Investigator on the Security and Software Engineering Research Center (S2ERC) research project, “Data Mining for Network Performance Assessment, Phase 2”, sponsored by Northrop Grumman Aerospace Systems, Jan. 2015–Dec. 2015, awarded $26,985.
- Worked as the Co-Investigator on the Santa Rosa County School District project, “Instructional Evaluation Application”, Jun. 2014–Aug. 2016, awarded $314,306.
- Acted as the Principal Investigator on the Security and Software Engineering Research Center (S2ERC) research project, “Data Mining for Network Performance Assessment”, sponsored by Northrop Grumman Aerospace Systems, Jan. 2014–Dec. 2014, awarded $26,985.
- Worked as the Principal Investigator on the Security and Software Engineering Research Center (S2ERC) research project, “A Knowledge Engineering, Team-Based Approach to Introducing Security Assurance Cases”, sponsored by Northrop Grumman Aerospace Systems, Jan.–Dec. 2013, awarded $22,050.
Software Development Analyst Level 42008 - 2012Northrop Grumman Information Systems
Technologies: SQL Server BI, Windows, Oracle, Visual Studio
- Developed and architected, as the lead architect, the creation and implementation of a data warehouse for the Arkansas Department of Human Services containing highly sensitive and confidential data following the Kimball dimensional design methodology.
- Developed ETL packages in SQL Server Integration Services to extract source system data from Oracle, SQL Server, and SharePoint and then transform and load the data into fact and dimension tables.
- Created dimensions and cubes in SQL Server Analysis Services for business intelligence applications.
- Designed and developed reports in SQL Server Reporting Services using SQL and MDX that followed guidelines set forth by the United States Department of Health and Human Services for reporting compliance and compiling statistics.
- Collaborated with DBA, testing, and logistics teams to deliver quality products.
Software Developer Level 41996 - 2008Acxiom Corporation
Technologies: Linux, Oracle, IBM DataStage, C++, Visual Studio
- Provided Netezza/DataStage ETL consulting and software development for TransUnion, General Motors, State Farm, New York Life, and Nationwide Insurance client account teams.
- Worked as the lead developer for customer fulfillment processes in a large-scale, distributed database in DataStage on AIX for JP Morgan Chase.
- Provided on-call support, fulfillment processing consulting and programming for client account teams such as Time-Life, Sprint, AT&T Wireless, and Primedia.
- Developed a process on a UNIX server to reduce a 12-hour mainframe process to 25 minutes.
- Collaborated with DBA’s and system administrators to performance-tune hardware for optimum parallel processing, database, and DataStage flows.
- MSSQLTips.com | Author (Other amazing things)https://www.mssqltips.com/sqlserverauthor/98/dallas-snider/
I write articles for MSSQLTips.com that provide solutions to problems that I have encountered. The articles are also written to be supplemental material for my students in my data mining, database administration. and data warehousing classes.
The link provided has a list of all of my articles.
- Using Concept Maps to Introduce Software Security Assurance Cases | Research Paper (Other amazing things)http://www.crosstalkonline.org/issues/sepoct-2014.html
I co-authored this paper on using concept maps to introduce software security assurance cases to new employees.
- Creating Reports with SQL Server 2012 Reporting Services | Video Book (Other amazing things)https://www.packtpub.com/big-data-and-business-intelligence/creating-reports-sql-server-2012-reporting-services-video
This video book will show you how to develop practical reports with an SQL server that utilize tables and matrices, along with bold objects such as pie charts and gauges that quickly gain the attention of the viewer and deliver your message.
With this course, you can acquire the essential skills you need to make an impression on your customers, your audience, or your boss.
- An HDFS Tutorial for Data Analysts Stuck With Relational Databases (Publication)The Hadoop Distributed File System (HDFS) is a scalable, open source solution for storing and processing large volumes of data. With its built-in replication and resilience to disk failures, HDFS is an ideal system for storing and processing data for analytics. In this step-by-step tutorial, Toptal Database Developer Dallas H. Snider details how to migrate existing data from a PostgreSQL database into the more efficient HDFS.
LanguagesSQL, Bash, C, R, C++, Java
ToolsCamtasia, Weka, Microsoft Visual Studio, MATLAB
ParadigmsETL Implementation & Design, ETL
StorageSQL Server Reporting Services (SSRS), SQL Server Integration Services (SSIS), SQL Server Analysis Services (SSAS), Microsoft SQL Server, SQL Server Management Studio, Datastage, Apache Hive
OtherMachine Learning, Data Mining, IBM Watson Analytics
PlatformsWindows, Oracle, Linux, SharePoint
- Ph.D. in Integrated Computing2005 - 2011University of Arkansas at Little Rock - Little Rock, AR, USA
- M.S. in Instrumental Sciences1992 - 1994University of Arkansas at Little Rock - Little Rock, AR, USA
- B.A. in Physics1988 - 1992Hendrix College - Conway, AR, USA