Owner, Software Architect and Developer
Lorijen d.o.o. Osijek
2001 - PRESENT
- Founded the company to provide software and web development services both locally and globally to clients requiring technologically advanced custom solutions.
- Created the ImageSTOR GIS software system for compressing, storing, managing, and displaying large spatial raster images in real time. The project resulted in an off-the-shelf product.
Software Developer, GIS Specialist, Database Designer
GISDATA d.o.o. Zagreb
1997 - 2001
- Created GeoCalc, a custom Windows desktop (WinForms) geodesic application that acquires data from "total stations" (geodesic equipment), performs calculations, and generates graphic reports, with interfaces for CAD/GIS applications such as AutoCAD and ArcView.
- Worked on R&D of a military UAV system for remote operation of small, unmanned aerial vehicles. Wrote code for the software aspect of the project involving real-time acquisition of encrypted data and display of the aircraft location on a scanned background map, including an instrument panel displaying vehicle status measurements (speed, altitude, bearing, fuel level, etc.). The system included features such as flight planning, navigation, monitoring, data logging, and replay, and is currently in use by the Croatian Department of Defense.
- Created an application for the maintenance department of a Croatian telecom phone network, featuring graphical and spatial interface, as well as a technical CAD network database, with real-time graphical AutoCAD updates based on metadata entry.
- Created application for Croatian Department of Defense featuring easy creation of interactive maps based on raster/vector image background and custom sets of interactive symbols with drag & drop support and real-time connection to database containing symbol metadata (automatic re-positioning based on GPS data, symbol change, display of various attributes) through database connection.
- Created water quality monitoring system for Croatian Department of Environment Protection, featuring integration of GIS system & client's database supporting analysis, map production & report generation.
- Implemented GIS application for Croatian Tourism Institute, supporting planning, analysis, map generation and reporting on tourism resources & activities using ESRI GIS tools.
- Created a minefield clearing support GIS for the Croatian Department of Defense; implemented features include graphical and form-based data entry and data mapping to support de-mining field teams.
Technologies: C, C++, C#, Win32, MFC, GDI, ODBC, SQL Server, Oracle, ESRI GIS