- Software Engineer2018 - PRESENTFreedom.to
- Added support for blocking international domain names.
- Maintained an API developed with Ruby on Rails.
- Implemented a mechanism for upgrading user accounts with codes that open new business opportunities for volume licensing.
- Software Engineer, Team Lead2015 - 2018Totpal, LLC
Technologies: Ruby on Rails, PostgreSQL, React, ES6, S3, Grape, Granite
- Led a remote team that worked on improving development ergonomics (improving speed and quality of tests and CI pipeline; overseeing a migration to Granite—a framework developed within the company).
- Debugged a problem between an internal framework and Ruby language that was causing a slowdown for about 80 other developers in the team when running the application locally.
- Migrated images stored on a local filesystem to Amazon S3 and upgraded the codebase to work with the new storage seamlessly.
- Led a remote team that worked on new features inside a big monolithic Ruby on Rails application with Granite and a custom programming environment/language to describe business processes.
- Maintained a billing system implemented inside a big monolithic Ruby on Rails codebase.
- Conducted live technical interviews with candidates for Ruby engineer roles. Contributed to the content of the interview process.
- Maintained and added new features to an API implemented with Grape on top of Ruby on Rails.
- Launched TopTracker, a time tracking software for freelancers. Co-ordinated stress tests of the API with a QA engineer and production machine setup with an infrastructure engineer ensuring a smooth launch.
- Developer2014 - 2015Blue River Technology (via Toptal)
- Wrote a web app that allows importing of CSV files with a drag-and-drop interface.
- Designed and implemented an algorithm for clustering data from multiple Mechanical Turk workers.
- Contractor2014 - 2015Nehemia Consulting
Technologies: WPF, C#, F#
- Developed a Windows application using WPF.
- Wrote an application combining C# and F#, using C# for user interface and F# for calculation-heavy logic.
- Created a robust UI that allows importing from Excel and plaintext files in various formats.
- Implemented training of MLR models with validation and prediction.
- Lead Developer2013 - 2014Starting Point
- Created a fashion eCommerce website with CMS implemented using Ember.js.
- Integrated the checkout process with Authorize.net API for processing customer payments.
- Integrated the application with DHL API to support drop shipping from sellers directly to customers.
- Developed a flexible web-based tool to import data from Excel and CSV files with prediction to guess a correct file format.
- Led a team of three developers.
- Designed an algorithm for dynamic pricing of goods.
- Full-stack Web Developer and Co-founder2010 - 2013Ganxy
- Created an embeddable widget allowing preview and purchase of ebooks and audio/video materials.
- Integrated the application with Stripe to process customer payments.
- Maintained and refactored a large Ruby on Rails application.
- Conducted BDD with RSpec, Mocha, and Chai.
- Worked in a geographically distributed team.
- Software Engineer2004 - 2007Orka.ba
Technologies: PHP, Visual Basic, C#, Windows Forms, ASP.NET, MS SQL
- Implemented a web application for stock trading.
- Developed a student information system for the largest university in Bosnia and Herzegovina.
- Created a workflow management system used by several government institutions in Bosnia and Herzegovina.
- Conducted TDD with NUnit.
- Wrote and maintained stored procedures.
- Intern Web Developer2004 - 2005BH Telecom
- Implemented a new version of an online phone book for the biggest telecom company in Bosnia and Herzegovina.
- Created a domain-specific CMS for a gaming website with PHP.
- Used Ajax to check the availability of user names.
- Made a plugin for TYPO3.
- Developed a search engine based on data stored in an Oracle database.