Verified Expert in Engineering
Git, Vim Text Editor, Tmux, OS X
The most amazing...
...optimization I've made was to embed images into a cached piece of HTML to reduce CDN costs for a client who had a widget on a high-traffic website.
- Added support for blocking international domain names.
- Maintained an API developed with Ruby on Rails.
- Implemented a mechanism for upgrading user accounts with codes that open new business opportunities for volume licensing.
Software Engineer, Team Lead
- Led a remote team that worked on improving development ergonomics (improving speed and quality of tests and CI pipeline; overseeing a migration to Granite—a framework developed within the company).
- Debugged a problem between an internal framework and Ruby language that was causing a slowdown for about 80 other developers in the team when running the application locally.
- Migrated images stored on a local filesystem to Amazon S3 and upgraded the codebase to work with the new storage seamlessly.
- Led a remote team that worked on new features inside a big monolithic Ruby on Rails application with Granite and a custom programming environment/language to describe business processes.
- Maintained a billing system implemented inside a big monolithic Ruby on Rails codebase.
- Conducted live technical interviews with candidates for Ruby engineer roles. Contributed to the content of the interview process.
- Maintained and added new features to an API implemented with Grape on top of Ruby on Rails.
- Launched TopTracker, a time tracking software for freelancers. Co-ordinated stress tests of the API with a QA engineer and production machine setup with an infrastructure engineer ensuring a smooth launch.
Blue River Technology (via Toptal)
- Wrote a web app that allows importing of CSV files with a drag-and-drop interface.
- Designed and implemented an algorithm for clustering data from multiple Mechanical Turk workers.
- Developed a Windows application using WPF.
- Wrote an application combining C# and F#, using C# for user interface and F# for calculation-heavy logic.
- Created a robust UI that allows importing from Excel and plaintext files in various formats.
- Implemented training of MLR models with validation and prediction.
- Created a fashion eCommerce website with CMS implemented using Ember.js.
- Integrated the checkout process with Authorize.net API for processing customer payments.
- Integrated the application with DHL API to support drop shipping from sellers directly to customers.
- Developed a flexible web-based tool to import data from Excel and CSV files with prediction to guess a correct file format.
- Led a team of three developers.
- Designed an algorithm for dynamic pricing of goods.
Full-stack Web Developer and Co-founder
- Created an embeddable widget allowing preview and purchase of ebooks and audio/video materials.
- Integrated the application with Stripe to process customer payments.
- Maintained and refactored a large Ruby on Rails application.
- Conducted BDD with RSpec, Mocha, and Chai.
- Worked in a geographically distributed team.
- Implemented a web application for stock trading.
- Developed a student information system for the largest university in Bosnia and Herzegovina.
- Created a workflow management system used by several government institutions in Bosnia and Herzegovina.
- Conducted TDD with NUnit.
- Wrote and maintained stored procedures.
Intern Web Developer
- Implemented a new version of an online phone book for the biggest telecom company in Bosnia and Herzegovina.
- Created a domain-specific CMS for a gaming website with PHP.
- Used Ajax to check the availability of user names.
- Made a plugin for TYPO3.
- Developed a search engine based on data stored in an Oracle database.
A Toolbelt of a Seasoned Bug Hunterhttps://www.youtube.com/watch?v=11Z4Fx8dXhc
Ruby on Rails and programming courseshttp://www.academy387.com/lecturers/damir-zekic
BH Telecom Phone Book Search
Granite, Ember.js, Ruby on Rails (RoR), Caliburn.Micro, ASP.NET, Windows Presentation Foundation (WPF), GrapesJS
jQuery, React, Chai, jQuery UI, Stripe, Windows Forms (WinForms), Authorize.net
GitHub, Git, RSpec, Shell, Vim Text Editor, Mocha, Tmux, Adobe Photoshop, Microsoft Visual Studio
Test-driven Development (TDD), Agile Software Development, Kanban, Behavior-driven Development (BDD), Object-oriented Programming (OOP), Pair Programming, Scrum, Functional Programming
Heroku, MacOS, Oracle, OS X, Amazon Web Services (AWS)
PostgreSQL, Amazon S3 (AWS S3), SQLite, MySQL, Microsoft SQL Server
Technical Project Management, Amazon Mechanical Turk
Bachelor's Degree in Computer Science
Graz University of Technology - Graz, Austria