Verified Expert in Engineering
Damodar is a full-stack developer who specializes in building React web/mobile apps with Python back ends (Django/Flask) running in Amazon Web Services (ECS/EC2). He also has extensive experience with Node.js, SQL, Linux, CI/CD, .NET, and the Microsoft stack. Over the past six years, Damodar has worked with startups and medium-sized corporations to deliver solutions to both small and large clients, including NASA, the US government, US-based airports, and US-based universities.
Amazon Web Services (AWS), AWS CodePipeline, WebStorm, PyCharm, Slack
The most amazing...
...project I've worked is to build a weather balloon payload for NASA to collect atmospheric data above Dallas, Texas for observing weather patterns.
Acropolis Education, Inc.
- Led a cross-functional team of 6-10 to develop PortableLion, a React Native app and official campus app of Southeastern Louisiana University, available on both iOS and Android stores, representing 100,000+ students, staff, and alumni.
- Displayed a campus map (Google Maps) with several custom layers, including the shuttle bus moving around the campus, used by approximately 900 students per day on average.
- Migrated .NET API to AWS ECS to support auto-scaling for handling up to 100,000 users during campus events (homecoming, gameday, and the strawberry festival annual event).
- Supported university through two major hurricanes (Hurricane Sally and Hurricane Laura) as well as the entire Covid-19 season by enabling authorized users to send push-notifications.
- Utilized Microsoft technologies in a cross-functional team to develop a cabinet filing system for the state of Virginia and a campaign finance management system.
- Worked closely with the lead software engineer to power a workflow engine used for more than 60+ filings using factory pattern and repository pattern in an N-tier .NET monolith project.
- Coordinated with the director of marketing to build the company website representing nine branches across the US and 38 solutions used in airports, transits, energy, and government sectors (gcrincorporated.com).
8byte Creative Studio
- Prototyped v1 of the edtech platform Kopila, a child development platform currently used by 70+ preschools in Nepal to provide remote learning during COVID-19 (kopila.co).
- Participated in a nationally-reputed incubator program in Nepal for six months with 750 others to develop the first public bus navigation of Nepal, and was awarded as top 24 finalists by the international director of Telia Communications (Ncell).
- Developed a web app for tracking the status of HIV patients for a community-supported non-governmental organization (NGO) in Nepal.
Bars and Grillshttps://github.com/damo-da/bars-and-grills/
* Responsive, pixel-perfect Material UI design
* RESTful API supporting pagination
* Role-based user management system (with JWT for authentication)
* React Hooks
* TypeScript types and interfaces
* Swagger API
* Unit tests using jest and @testing-library/react
* Continous Integration using CircleCI
* Postman collection (see GitHub)
Empathy - An App to Make User Happyhttps://damo-da.github.io/empathy/
Early Ruskin Manuscripts (Virtual Museum)
The project uses server-side rendering (SSR) with redux for search engine optimization. There is a full-duplex communication between client and server using socket.io while using redux for managing the state of both client and server. Webpack is used to bundle SCSS and other file types.
The web app is run on a CentOS server using pm2. Nginx is used as a web server (with the node app as a reverse proxy) to maximize web performance.
LaACES Weather Balloon Payload for NASAhttps://laspace.lsu.edu/laaces/
The payload was flown in a weather balloon up to 100,000 feet in altitude from Texas on May 15, 2019, to measure atmospheric data of Dallas, Texas. The data was used to measure CAPE, a quantity representing thunderstorm potentials.
Django, React Native, .NET Core, Redux, Flask, Next.js
React, Node.js, OpenGL, OpenCV, Socket.IO
Linux, Unix, Docker, Firebase, Amazon EC2, Amazon Web Services (AWS), Azure, Kubernetes, Visual Studio Code (VS Code)
Networking, Material Design, Machine Learning, AWS CodePipeline, Parsers, ESLint, React Admin, System-on-a-Chip (SoC), Microcontrollers
Amazon Elastic Container Service (Amazon ECS), Expo, Sentry, Slack, PyCharm, WebStorm, Expo.io, CMake, Webpack, NGINX, TFS, Jupyter
MongoDB, Relational Databases, Redis, SQL Server DBA, MySQL
Test-driven Development (TDD)
Bachelor of Science Degree in Computer Science and Mathematics
Southeastern Louisiana University - Hammond, LA