Senior Back-End Developer2017 - PRESENTAudience.id (via Toptal)
- Performed development tasks including those related to natural language processing, classification and data mining.
- Worked with a PostgreSQL database with many tables and millions of rows; optimized storage and processing.
- Created back-end API endpoints and worked closely with UI developers for implementation.
- Set up, supported, and optimized AWS backend infrastructure.
- Developed using Instagram, IBM Watson, and other APIs.
Developer | Director | CTO2012 - PRESENTSwop
Technologies: Ubuntu Linux, Java, Swift, Xcode, Parse, Express.js, Angular, MySQL, MongoDB, MacOS, Git, AWS, Heroku, PostgreSQL, Hapi.js, Node.js
- Architected and developed a full, secure, scalable back-end API system to power mobile and web applications.
- Oversaw the work of other developers (back-end, iOS, Android) and designers.
- Conducted regular source code reviews and product evaluations.
- Developed and maintained a project plan—overseeing daily and weekly development timelines and milestones.
- Interfaced directly with the CEO and board of directors—providing frequent progress reports.
Developer | Director | CTO2007 - PRESENTFlexDealer
- Developed and coordinated the development of hundreds of websites for car dealers.
- Architected and built a custom CMS.
- Created an industry-leading platform for automotive inventory and website management; including an entire white-label reseller component.
- Created dozens of integrations with 3rd party software providers.
- Helped grow the company from 3 to 15 people and turn profitable.
- Brokered reseller and license deals.
Developer | Engineering Manager2002 - 2012SUSE | Novell
Technologies: Bash, Java, MySQL, Apache, PHP, Linux
- Developed critical company infrastructure and products.
- Played a pivotal role in securing a key multi-million dollar product deal.
- Saved the company thousands of man-hours through automation.
- Led a team in three different countries across multiple time zones.
- Traveled internationally to present at conferences and meet customers.