Verified Expert in Engineering
Dan is a tech professional with a wealth of development experience from small startups to large companies. He's not only a talented full-stack developer (MEAN, LAMP, and more), but he has the business knowledge and personality to impact your projects from end-to-end. Dan pays extremely close attention to detail, is able to think through difficult issues, and you won't find anyone who is a better communicator.
NPM, Atom Text, Git, Linux, MacOS
The most amazing...
...thing I've developed is an award-winning, industry-leading CMS, website, and inventory platform used across North America and in other parts of the world.
Senior Back-end Developer
Audience.id (via Toptal)
- Performed development tasks related to natural language processing, classification, and data mining.
- Worked with a PostgreSQL database with many tables and millions of rows; optimized storage and processing.
- Created back-end API endpoints and worked closely with UI developers on the implementation.
- Set up, supported, and optimized AWS back-end infrastructure.
- Developed using Instagram, IBM Watson, and other APIs.
Developer | Director | CTO
- Architected and developed a full, secure, scalable back-end API system to power mobile and web applications.
- Oversaw the work of other developers (back-end, iOS, Android) and designers.
- Conducted regular source code reviews and product evaluations.
- Developed and maintained a project plan—overseeing daily and weekly development timelines and milestones.
- Interfaced directly with the CEO and board of directors—providing frequent progress reports.
Developer | Director | CTO
- Developed and coordinated the development of hundreds of websites for car dealers.
- Architected and built a custom CMS.
- Created an industry-leading platform for automotive inventory and website management; including an entire white-label reseller component.
- Created dozens of integrations with 3rd party software providers.
- Helped grow the company from 3 to 15 people and turn profitable.
- Brokered reseller and license deals.
Developer | Engineering Manager
SUSE | Novell
- Developed critical company infrastructure and products.
- Played a pivotal role in securing a key multi-million dollar product deal.
- Saved the company thousands of man-hours through automation.
- Led a team in three different countries across multiple time zones.
- Traveled internationally to present at conferences and meet customers.
FlexDealer Total Control Platformhttp://www.flexdealer.com/
Rising Star Award
Enterprise Automation Testing Platform
For this to be built and licensed, I worked as a liaison not only to the other developers, but also to the open source software community, and legal and sales teams (serving as the main technical salesperson in the deal).
This code is intended to be run via Hapi.js as a Node.js server and also using Sequelize against a PostgreSQL database.
I also maintained a very large PostgreSQL database, optimizing storage and processing. I set up, supported, and optimized the AWS back-end infrastructure. In addition, I created and maintained the back-end test suites. Reviewing the code for other developers was also my responsibility.
Hapi.js, Express.js, Aurelia, Bootstrap, Angular, Laravel
REST APIs, Node.js, Vue, Twitter API, Facebook API, Pinterest API
Git, NPM, Parallels Plesk Panel, Apache, Atom Text, Plesk, Gulp, Xcode, Sequelize
MEAN Stack, Search Engine Optimization (SEO), Agile Software Development
MacOS, Linux, Heroku, iOS, WordPress, Amazon Web Services (AWS), LAMP, cPanel, Parse, Ubuntu Linux, Android, Docker
MySQL, PostgreSQL, MongoDB, NoSQL, Redis, Memcached
APIs, Software QA, QA Automation, Startups, Team Management, Instagram, App Store
Master of Science Degree in Information Technology
University of Liverpool - Liverpool, UK
Bachelor of Science Degree in Computer Science
Brigham Young University - Provo, UT, USA