Lead Developer2007 - PRESENTAxelby
Technologies: Android, Java, Kotlin, C#, VBScript, SQL Server
- Created Podax since 2011, a podcast player for Android. It's no longer published but it has all the latest native Android technologies, such as RxAndroid, Kotlin, and Architecture Components. The source can be found at Bitbucket.org/thasmin/podax/branch/appflow2.
- Created a very basic CRM system that imports contacts, keeps notes, and reminds you to call or email them. The code can be found at GitHub.com/thasmin/ElementaryCRM.
- Wrote an app with React Native that browses the iTunes top podcasts lists and retrieves episode information.
- Migrated SQL Server data from an old schema to a new schema. Developed view and stored procedures to allow legacy systems to interface with a new schema.
- Worked with owners and project managers to ensure that projects met business goals and budgets. Completed projects on time and on budget with 100% satisfaction rate.
- Built a dynamic flow chart on a web page using C# and System.Drawing.
COO2013 - 2017Cedar Oil Solutions
Technologies: PHP, WordPress, WooCommerce
- Developed and optimized an eCommerce platform based on WordPress and WooCommerce. Integrated orders and workflows into the business ecosystem.
- Implemented DevOps and optimized the performance of a PHP and MySQL application running on multiple Linux servers.
- Worked with other managers to ensure that the website enabled the company's goals at all times.
- Performed R&D on chemical and mechanical products.
- Developed the strategy and determined the best pricing.
- Built new workflows for receiving orders and warehouse processing.
Head of Product Development2008 - 2013Teralogics
- Created a video ingestion and play website using FFmpeg and Drupal. Built custom video metadata extractors using FFmpeg and C.
- Led the software development team of ten people and then moved to lead the operations team. Worked with project and contract managers to ensure that projects met both contract requirements and business goals.
- Ensured maximal product uptime so that soldiers were able to rely on a system—minimized the downtime for patches.
- Worked in a secure environment with minimal access to the internet.
- Created and maintained shell scripts to create ready-to-go virtual machines (before Docker).
- Built a spatial map of the current drone locations using metadata from a video.
- Became an internal expert on DoD security guidelines (STIGs).
Software Developer2007 - 2007Consolidated Safety Services
Technologies: ASP, ColdFusion
- Modified a legacy ColdFusion website.
- Created an ASP website for document storage.
Software Developer2005 - 2007Trimble Navigation
Technologies: C#, SQL Server, C++
- Created a web-based map of concrete truck locations (before Google Maps).
- Provided real-time routing directions to concrete truck drivers (before Google Maps).
- Rewrote a Windows application from C++ to C++/CLI so it can share code and developers concerning a web product.
- Built stored procedures to store and retrieve data in proper formats.
- Designed an XSLT-based state machine.
Software Developer2004 - 2005SAIC
Technologies: C++, OpenGL
- Developed a 2D map of airports and airplane locations.
- Parsed complex data formats to retrieve airplane locations.
- Designed a coordinate system that accounted for the curvature of the Earth and allowed multiple airports to be shown on the same map.
- Reduced the compile time from one hour to ten minutes by implementing a DLL-based library system.
- Became a local expert on Perforce source control.
Software Developer2002 - 2003ICS Multimedia
Technologies: Flash, ASP, SQL Server
- Created Flash-based learning modules based on designs from in-house experts.
- Worked on a website to authenticate students and track their progress.