Verified Expert in Engineering
Dan likes to build responsive, highly reactive, and FAST web applications. He developed a website generator that outputs fully functional websites that would perform under a very heavy load. He was also the tech lead of an ERP company and propelled that company to be the leader in that field in Madagascar. He focuses primarily on delivering simple, maintainable yet performant code.
Git, Trello, Visual Studio Code (VS Code)
The most amazing...
...thing I've developed is a a web application that would generate a complete website to host virtual fairs (like this one: https://www.salonsme-online.com/).
Senior Odoo Engineer
- Optimized the project's technology choices to minimize both hosting and development costs.
- Created an effective development pipeline to ensure tasks were well-defined and addressed critical pain points of stakeholders so that the project was as effective as it could be in solving real problems.
- Developed a form for students to fill out and allowed back office user to focus on more important task.
- Made the system automatically calculate the grant amount for the students based on the information they put in the form.
- Created reports for stakeholders to view the status of grants and how much budget is left at any time.
Senior Odoo Engineer | Tech Lead
- Decoupled computer-intensive tasks into a serverless infrastructure to relieve Odoo, increasing overall performance.
- Contributed to designing the app's infrastructure and integrated various technologies to maximize its feature set.
- Led junior developers to reach their full potential. Clarified acceptance criteria with product owners and QA teams to ensure the development pipeline was smooth, and deployment was timely and seamless.
- Designed new views within Odoo to cater to the company's specific requirements to ensure that the user could access any information within five clicks.
- Created a complete REST API software inside of Odoo. Now, Odoo objects can be used directly as resources through a REST-like API.
Senior Full-stack Engineer
- Built a module in Odoo, a Python ERP, that would generate an online fair static website powered by AWS resources (Lambda, DynamoDB, IoT) and supporting very high loads (thousands of concurrent users using built-in chat).
- Created a module in Odoo that would export a complete financial report for Madagascar's tax input. One could use the Python ERP to invoice their customers, pay their suppliers, and export a PDF of up to six different financial reports.
- Scraped the list of all companies in Madagascar, resulting in the company having 10,000+ additional leads. I used Scrapy, a Python scraping package.
- Built a website with Django and Vue for people to share the good things God has done in their lives to empower others who may face similar issues.
- Developed a chat app using React, Node.js, Socket.IO, and Redis.
- Created a module for Odoo, a Python ERP, for DHL Madagascar that would evaluate the number of trucks required for delivery based on the number of crates and their size and the size of the trucks (like knapsack problem, but in three dimensions).
- Built a sheet-like app using Django and jQuery that would allow users (some authenticated, some not) to work simultaneously on workshop records in order to plan and organize them.
- Coded a React app embedded into an Odoo back end that would allow employees to record their working hours. Also did some work on the Odoo back end for reporting and input validation purposes.
- Created a solution for touquan.co by scraping events from various websites, including those with robust protection and asynchronous data loading. Built a Node.js application with Puppeteer to proxy specific requests within the Scrapy framework to gather the necessary data.
- Handled 20 and more projects over the course of one year of employment.
- Talked directly to customers to convince them of our technical capabilities, resulting in customer loyalty for every customer I met.
- Supervised three interns that all ended up building a completely useful tool for the company : an app that syncs a pointing machine to the pointing inputs in Odoo ; and an app that allows us to monitor web servers and to control them through a web interface (using Ansible).
- Built an Odoo module that would evaluate with precision the need in raw material of a product. The difficulty was that raw materials were for intermediate products, and there are several levels of intermediate products.
- Extended Odoo's point of sale that's using Backbone.js as its store to add some additional payment methods.
- Built an Odoo module to manage a large garage here in Madagascar. The module would mimic and record every step that is taken in the reparation of a car, reporting at the end the time spent on a car.
Nanoramic Laboratories Odoo Implementationhttps://www.nanoramic.com/
Static Fair Website Generator
- Cognito for authentification
- DynamoDB to store data
- Lambda for computations
- IoT for a built-in chat
- SQS to log user's activity on the website
The generator was built using Python.
A Quotation Configurator
- how much of that accessory is required
- how much is the delivery cost
- what are the sub-accessories that need to be included in the quotation
- in the case they manufacture those accessories, the app will guess their bill of materials and launch their products.
This was done using scrapy, a Python scraping library.
The Node.js app in use was Puppeteer.
Django, Django REST Framework, Scrapy, Vuetify, MUI (Material UI), Serverless Framework, Symfony
Vue 2, React, Vue, Vuex, Facebook API, Node.js, Socket.IO, Puppeteer, jQuery, SQLAlchemy
Odoo, Git, uWSGI, Webpack, Trello, Terraform
Docker, Amazon Web Services (AWS), Windows Phone, Visual Studio Code (VS Code), AWS Lambda, Android, Linode
Technical Leadership, Web Scraping, Vue-router, Engineering Management, Amazon API Gateway, Slack App
Master's Degree in Probability and Statistics
Science Faculty of Ankatso - Antananarivo, Madagascar
Bachelor's Degree in Numerical Analysis
Science Faculty of Ankatso - Antananarivo, Madagascar