Software Engineer2014 - 2016Rocksauce Studios
- Implemented the back-end of a Java RESTful API of Knod a review sharing/social networking app (http://staging.knod.com) with unit tests, integration tests, CD, CI with DynamoDB, and MySQL as data storage.
- Deployed on AWS stack with auto-scaling, load-balancing, with continuous integration Jenkins, and CloudWatch monitoring.
- Implemented a search feature with Elasticsearch using customized scoring and sorting functions.
- Implemented the admin interface of the TalkIT app using AngularJS.
- Helped with the development of other apps using Golang, Java, and Spring.
Software Engineer2012 - 2014University of Toronto
Technologies: Shibboleth, RESTful Services, GlassFish, Apache Tomcat, WebSphere, IBM Db2, MySQL, HTML5, Hibernate, Spring, Java, jQuery, AngularJS
- Implemented from the ground up 3 successful student facing apps for the university. Worked full-stack on both the front-end and back-end.
- Built the site, myres.utoronto.ca, which manages student resident applications. I received great feedback from the students and student housing. Implemented a dynamic rule engine which cut down the time of changing residence/cohort rules or adding a new one to just a few minutes.
- Developed the site transferex.utoronto.ca, which helps exchange students to match their equivalent courses at the University of Toronto. Implemented search suggestions and Google-like auto completion with a customized radix tree based on favorable search terms.
- Worked on the site, rosi.utoronto.ca—performed Acorn upgrading and rewrote the student enrollment system and transcript order system.
Agile Engineer2011 - 2012XtremeLabs (now Pivotal Labs)
Technologies: Java API for XML Processing (JAXP), CSS3, HTML5, RSS Feeds, WURFL, Playbook, BlackBerry, iOS, Android, Apache Tomcat, Hibernate, Spring
- Built an HTML5 mobile website framework With XL-Magic, built on top of a Liferay Portal to serve all various types of mobile devices including iPhone, Android, BlackBerry, and WAP phones.
- Implemented the content-delivery from variety of external feed back-end services using Java and Spring.
- Added features and bug-fixed other iOS, Android, BlackBerry, and Playbook apps.
Software Developer2010 - 2011Hyperlogic Media & Caro Systems (Contracts)
Technologies: Forte REST API, Swing, Multithreading, Java, OCR, Content Management Systems (CMS), Joomla, PHP
- Developed custom features and modules for www.iiiglobal.org (PHP, Joomla based CMS website). It was telecommuting contract work.
- Implemented a Google custom search engine with customized search options, indexing and OCR PDF digital library and article upload feature.
- Migrated a project from Forte to Java for the energy and financial sector. The work required expert knowledge of Java core, Swing applications, event handling, and multithreading.
Application Developer2009 - 2010ConceptWave
Technologies: Sockets, Web Services, SOAP, Middleware, Ajax, GWT, Swing, Java, ConceptWave
- Responsible for refactoring and adding features to the designer UI v5.0 using Java Swing.
- Resolved issues and added new features for the web UI using GWT and SmartClient AJAX components.
- Worked for ConceptWave, which is a leading provider of order management and product catalog management applications.
- Implemented a functional test using the FEST test framework.