Verified Expert in Engineering
Windows, MacOS, Eclipse, IntelliJ IDEA, Git
The most amazing...
...thing I've made was a top-voted, with 6K+ stars, AngularJS open source file upload plugin.
- Implemented the back-end of a Java RESTful API of Knod a review sharing/social networking app (http://staging.knod.com) with unit tests, integration tests, CD, CI with DynamoDB, and MySQL as data storage.
- Deployed on AWS stack with auto-scaling, load-balancing, with continuous integration Jenkins, and CloudWatch monitoring.
- Implemented a search feature with Elasticsearch using customized scoring and sorting functions.
- Implemented the admin interface of the TalkIT app using AngularJS.
- Helped with the development of other apps using Golang, Java, and Spring.
University of Toronto
- Implemented from the ground up 3 successful student facing apps for the university. Worked full-stack on both the front-end and back-end.
- Built the site, myres.utoronto.ca, which manages student resident applications. I received great feedback from the students and student housing. Implemented a dynamic rule engine which cut down the time of changing residence/cohort rules or adding a new one to just a few minutes.
- Developed the site transferex.utoronto.ca, which helps exchange students to match their equivalent courses at the University of Toronto. Implemented search suggestions and Google-like auto completion with a customized radix tree based on favorable search terms.
- Worked on the site, rosi.utoronto.ca—performed Acorn upgrading and rewrote the student enrollment system and transcript order system.
XtremeLabs (now Pivotal Labs)
- Built an HTML5 mobile website framework With XL-Magic, built on top of a Liferay Portal to serve all various types of mobile devices including iPhone, Android, BlackBerry, and WAP phones.
- Implemented the content-delivery from variety of external feed back-end services using Java and Spring.
- Added features and bug-fixed other iOS, Android, BlackBerry, and Playbook apps.
Hyperlogic Media & Caro Systems (Contracts)
- Developed custom features and modules for www.iiiglobal.org (PHP, Joomla based CMS website). It was telecommuting contract work.
- Implemented a Google custom search engine with customized search options, indexing and OCR PDF digital library and article upload feature.
- Migrated a project from Forte to Java for the energy and financial sector. The work required expert knowledge of Java core, Swing applications, event handling, and multithreading.
- Responsible for refactoring and adding features to the designer UI v5.0 using Java Swing.
- Resolved issues and added new features for the web UI using GWT and SmartClient AJAX components.
- Worked for ConceptWave, which is a leading provider of order management and product catalog management applications.
- Implemented a functional test using the FEST test framework.
Nibbles Multiplayer Gamehttps://github.com/danialfarid/nibbles
JUnit, Jakarta Server Pages (JSP), JPA, Swing, GAE, AngularJS, Angular, Mockito, Hibernate, Spring, GWT, Spring Boot, Selenium, Play Framework, Guice, Ember.js, Apache Wicket, Apache Struts 2, Apache Struts
Java Data Objects (JDO), JMS, jQuery, JDBC, REST APIs, Apache Lucene, React, Java API for XML Processing (JAXP), Sockets, BouncyCastle
Jetty, Amazon CloudWatch, Shibboleth, GitHub, Eclipse IDE, Grunt, Yeoman, Amazon Simple Queue Service (SQS), AWS OpsWorks, Git, Apache Maven, Gradle, Jenkins, Jira, IntelliJ IDEA, Servlet, Apache Tomcat, Apache Ant, Pivotal Tracker, ActiveMQ, Beanstalk, Chef, Apache JMeter, ConceptWave, FitNesse, Adobe ColdFusion
REST API Architecture, XP, Scrum, REST, Object-oriented Design (OOD), Continuous Integration (CI), Service-oriented Architecture (SOA), Agile, Extreme Programming, Test-driven Development (TDD)
Amazon EC2, Windows, MacOS, NetBeans, Jakarta EE, Parse, Linux, Amazon Web Services (AWS), Amazon, Oracle Database, Android, iOS, Mule ESB, JBoss, WebSphere, Eclipse, BlackBerry, Playbook, Joomla, J2ME, Mobile
Elasticsearch, Amazon DynamoDB, NoSQL, MongoDB, MySQL, PostgreSQL, Amazon S3 (AWS S3), Microsoft SQL Server, IBM Db2, WURFL
Unix Shell Scripting, Fitness, RESTful Services, Multithreading, Ajax, Web Development, Enterprise Java Beans (EJB), Liferay, WebDAV, WebLogic, GlassFish, JAAS, Applets, RSS Feeds, Content Management Systems (CMS), OCR, Forte REST API, Middleware, SOAP, Web Services, SSL, Wireless Application Protocol (WAP), ISO 20022, Document Management Systems (DMS), Optimization, Synchronization, PIM, Funambol