Daniel is a creative individual with over two decades in IT—mainly focusing on infrastructure, research, and security. He’s also a practiced hand in solutions engineering and troubleshooting. Daniel has led teams and emphasized the importance of effective communication in his career. Overall, he has an exceptional understanding of how technologies relate to one another and enjoys solving complex technical problems.
ExperienceLinux - 20 yearsDevOps - 6 yearsAmazon Web Services (AWS) - 4 yearsKubernetes - 4 yearsTerraform - 3 yearsDecentralized Finance (DeFi) - 3 yearsGoogle Compute Engine (GCE) - 1 yearMicrosoft Azure - 1 year
Amazon Web Services (AWS), Python, Zsh, Manjaro Linux, Terraform, Cryptocurrency, Decentralized Finance (DeFi), Intuit QuickBooks
The most amazing...
...project I have worked on was a suite of Terraform modules and infrastructure definitions used to rapidly build multi account AWS environments.
DevOps Engineer | Owner
- Managed GitLab CI/CD and Kubernetes deployments for a containerized application.
- Participated in eth2 validation on Medalla, Spadina, Zinken, and Pyrmont testnets. I also was part of the Serenity Launch and still am an active mainnet validator (.
- Submitted, along with a college, and won a grant to the Ethereum foundation for our work on the eth-docker project. http://eth-docker.net/ https://github.com/eth2-educators/eth-docker.
- Started a local cryptocurrency and decentralized finance meetup focusing on the education of the application of decentralized finance to real-world use cases.
- Helped design a chainlink Architecture for a college of mine that won second place in the chainlink Olympics 2021.
- Recognized by AWS as a subject matter expert in DevOps during my time at Bryanlabs and have:. • Attended DOP Workshops in Atlanta, Chicago, and Seattle. • Attended various Remote DOP workshops. • (https://www.credly.com/users/dan-bryan/badges).
- Led the development of a Terraform project to quickly provision a managed development environment in AWS.
- Created Terraform modules for deploying an AWS networking solution across multiple AWS accounts.
- Developed Terraform modules and infrastructure definitions to rapidly build multi-account AWS environments.
- Used governance tools similar to AWS SSO to manage 100+ AWS accounts, including Directory integration, IAM policy enforcement, and budget enforcement.
- Managed container-based deployments using Kubernetes, ECS, and various container registries.
- Presented at AWS re:invent, a nonprofit hackathon. Worked with a team of hackers to create a technical solution to one of GlobalGiving's communication challenges.
- Engineered an AppStream 2.0 solution to provide a multi-user application that streams HTML5.
- Integrated an Amazon SSM solution to provide equipment inventory and patch compliance.
- Engineered an API Gateway to provide equipment information from DynamoDB via Lambda.
- Developed an AMI factory using an EC2 simple systems manager.
- Automated system states for Linux and Windows servers using SaltStack.
Engineering Solutions, Inc.
- Gave subject-matter expert guidance for customers interfacing with PKI Technologies.
- Designed technical and operational security components by integrating Elasticseach, Logstash, and Kibana to obtain a high-level analytical view of the information service.
- Led the development of the enterprise revocation service-security architecture.
- Developed multiple tools, enabling administrators and developers to interface with PKI technologies.
- Recommended physical, administrative, and technical controls to ensure high availability of enterprise PKI service, using BIG-IP F5s.
- Recommended and implemented intrusion detection, access control, and auditing of PKI services.
- Led the security planning, assessment, and risk management activities for PKI services using DISA STIGs, Retina, and Nessus technologies.
- Provided system security engineering guidance to Enterprise Lync/Desktop server teams as experts in certificate revocation technologies.
- Interacted with high-level stakeholders of the engineering review board, which helped define the standard OCSP policies and objectives—ensuring availability across the enterprise.
Network Integration Specialist
United States Air Force
- Acted as the technical architect for missions that involved determining the equipment and configuration requirements and providing guidance to the installation and maintenance team.
- Led the air-control squadron and site-relocation communications design, which included coordinating the relocation with service providers to ensure the availability of critical systems during the transition.
- Wrote detailed documentation of the network, telecommunication, and transmission circuits.
- Provided cryptography solutions for missions, key issuance, renewal, and application.
- Developed tools that enabled air traffic weapons operators to automate common tasks.
- Supported computer systems for the squadron, which included installing software, fixing connectivity issues, and diagnosing hardware issues.
- Created and maintained a public website for the air control squadron.
- Graduated from Airman Leadership School and took on the role of supervisor, providing performance reports and career training for network system employees.
Application in the Cloudhttps://github.com/bryanlabs/appincloud
Amazon API, AWS Amplify
GitLab CI/CD, Terraform, AWS Systems Manager, AWS CloudFormation, Amazon CloudWatch, Amazon Virtual Private Cloud (VPC), AWS CLI, Amazon WorkSpaces, AWS IAM, Amazon EKS, GitHub, Amazon Elastic Container Service (Amazon ECS), Amazon Elastic Container Registry (Amazon ECR), AWS CodeBuild, AWS CodeCommit, Amazon AppStream, AWS CodeDeploy, Google Compute Engine (GCE), Geth, Grafana, Docker Compose
DevOps, Continuous Integration (CI), Continuous Delivery (CD), REST
Windows, Linux, Amazon Web Services (AWS), AWS Lambda, Amazon EC2, Kubernetes, Docker, Google Cloud Platform (GCP), Manjaro Linux, Azure, OpenShift, AWS Elastic Beanstalk, Ethereum
Amazon EFS, Amazon S3 (AWS S3), AWS CodeStar, Amazon DynamoDB
Networking, Freelancing, Scripting, PKI, Amazon Route 53, Elastic Load Balancers, Kubernetes Operations (Kops), Decentralized Finance (DeFi), QuickBooks Online, Single Sign-on (SSO), AWS CodePipeline, Amazon API Gateway, Amazon RDS, PBX, Multiplexers (Mux), Amazon EventBridge, Intuit QuickBooks, Microsoft Azure, Infura, Prometheus, RPC, Cosmos
Python, Go, Hugo, Markdown
3C271 in Computer Systems Control
United States Air Force Specialty Training - On-site
AWS Certified DevOps Engineer – Professional
Amazon Web Services
AWS Certified DevOps Engineer Professional
(CISSP) Certified Information Systems Security Professional