Senior DevOps Engineer2016 - PRESENTStratus Solutions
Technologies: Amazon Web Services (AWS), Linux, Kubernetes, Go
- Automated the SSM infrastructure using Terraform (IAM, CloudWatch, Lambda, SSM, and S3).
- Developed various Go microservices focused on integrations with AWS, Microsoft, and SafeNet APIs.
- Deployed a serverless website using CodeStar, CodeCommit, CodeBuild, CodePipeline, S3, Lambda (Go), API Gateway, and CloudFront.
- Engineered a Kubernetes cluster focused on streaming applications using X11 over SSH.
- Presented at AWS re:invent, a non-profit hackathon. Worked with a team of hackers to create a technical solution to one of GlobalGiving's communication challenges.
- Engineered an AppStream 2.0 solution to provide a multi-user application that streams over HTML5.
- Integrated an Amazon SSM solution to provide equipment inventory and patch compliance.
- Engineered an API Gateway to provide equipment information from DynamoDB via Lambda.
- Developed an AMI factory using an EC2 simple systems manager.
- Automated system states for Linux and Windows servers using SaltStack.
- Developed various Shell/Python scripts and Lambda functions to automate AWS maintenance, rotate/share AMIs, bootstrap servers, and identify non-compliant servers.
- Deployed AWS Elastic Container Service and dockerized various services.
- Audited security of web services and ensured that they followed PKI best practices.
- Continuously researched and prototyped latest AWS services for consideration of environment evolution.
- Built and maintained various MFA/SSO technologies including; SafeNet and YubiKey.
- Deployed various web services such as JIRA, Confluence, GitLab, Terradici, Windows/CUPS print server, and Squid proxy.
PKI Specialist2011 - 2016Engineering Solutions, Inc.
Technologies: PKI, Linux
- Led, trained, and project-managed three PKI engineers.
- Gave subject matter expert guidance for customers interfacing with PKI Technologies.
- Designed technical and operational security components by integrating Elasticseach, Logstash, and Kibana to obtain a high-level analytical view of the information service.
- Led the development of enterprise revocation service security architecture.
- Managed the enterprise revocation service through certification and accreditation.
- Developed multiple tools enabling administrators and developers to interface with PKI technologies.
- Coordinated PKI configurations with desktop providers and software distribution centers.
- Recommended physical, administrative, and technical controls to ensure high availability of enterprise PKI service using BIG-IP F5s.
- Recommended and implemented intrusion detection, access control, and auditing of PKI services.
- Led the security planning, assessment, and risk management activities for PKI services using DISA STIGs, Retina, Nessus technologies.
- Provided system security engineering guidance to Enterprise Lync/Desktop server teams as a subject matter expert in certificate revocation technologies.
- Interacted with high-level stakeholders of the engineering review board which helped define the standard OCSP policies and objectives—ensuring availability across the enterprise.
Network Integration Specialist2004 - 2010United States Air Force
Technologies: Routers, Switches, Phones, PBX, Multiplexers
- Acted as the technical architect for missions which required determining the equipment, and configuration requirements as well as providing guidance to the installation-and-maintenance team.
- Led the air control squadron site relocation communications design; which included coordinating the relocation with service providers to ensure the availability of critical systems during the transition.
- Wrote detailed documentation of the network, telecommunication and transmission circuits.
- Provided cryptography solutions for missions, key issuance, renewal, and application.
- Developed tools that enabled air traffic weapons operators to automate common tasks.
- Supported computer systems for the squadron; which included the installing software, fixing connectivity issues, and diagnosing hardware issues.
- Created and maintained a public website for the air control squadron.
- Graduated from Airman Leadership School and took on the role of supervisor providing performance reports and career training for network system employees.