DevOps Engineer | Owner2018 - PRESENTBryanlabs
Technologies: Amazon Web Services (AWS), Google Compute Engine (GCE), Microsoft Azure, Linux, Kubernetes, GitLab CI/CD, GitHub
- Managed GitLab CI/CD and Kubernetes deployments for a containerized application.
- Participated in eth2 validation on Medalla, Spadina, Zinken, and Pyrmont testnets. I also was part of the Serenity Launch and still am an active mainnet validator (.
- Submitted, along with a college, and won a grant to the Ethereum foundation for our work on the eth-docker project. http://eth-docker.net/ https://github.com/eth2-educators/eth-docker.
- Started a local cryptocurrency and decentralized finance meetup focusing on the education of the application of decentralized finance to real-world use cases.
- Helped design a chainlink Architecture for a college of mine that won second place in the chainlink Olympics 2021.
- Recognized by AWS as a subject matter expert in DevOps during my time at Bryanlabs and have:. • Attended DOP Workshops in Atlanta, Chicago, and Seattle. • Attended various Remote DOP workshops. • (https://www.credly.com/users/dan-bryan/badges).
- Led the development of a Terraform project to quickly provision a managed development environment in AWS.
- Created Terraform modules for deploying an AWS networking solution across multiple AWS accounts.
DevOps Engineer2016 - 2019Applied Insight
Technologies: Go, Kubernetes, Linux, Amazon Web Services (AWS), Scripting, Networking, DevOps
- Developed Terraform modules and infrastructure definitions to rapidly build multi-account AWS environments.
- Used governance tools similar to AWS SSO to manage 100+ AWS accounts, including Directory integration, IAM policy enforcement, and budget enforcement.
- Managed container-based deployments using Kubernetes, ECS, and various container registries.
- Presented at AWS re:invent, a nonprofit hackathon. Worked with a team of hackers to create a technical solution to one of GlobalGiving's communication challenges.
- Engineered an AppStream 2.0 solution to provide a multi-user application that streams HTML5.
- Integrated an Amazon SSM solution to provide equipment inventory and patch compliance.
- Engineered an API Gateway to provide equipment information from DynamoDB via Lambda.
- Developed an AMI factory using an EC2 simple systems manager.
- Automated system states for Linux and Windows servers using SaltStack.
PKI Specialist2011 - 2016Engineering Solutions, Inc.
Technologies: Linux, PKI, OpenShift, Windows
- Gave subject-matter expert guidance for customers interfacing with PKI Technologies.
- Designed technical and operational security components by integrating Elasticseach, Logstash, and Kibana to obtain a high-level analytical view of the information service.
- Led the development of the enterprise revocation service-security architecture.
- Developed multiple tools, enabling administrators and developers to interface with PKI technologies.
- Recommended physical, administrative, and technical controls to ensure high availability of enterprise PKI service, using BIG-IP F5s.
- Recommended and implemented intrusion detection, access control, and auditing of PKI services.
- Led the security planning, assessment, and risk management activities for PKI services using DISA STIGs, Retina, and Nessus technologies.
- Provided system security engineering guidance to Enterprise Lync/Desktop server teams as experts in certificate revocation technologies.
- Interacted with high-level stakeholders of the engineering review board, which helped define the standard OCSP policies and objectives—ensuring availability across the enterprise.
Network Integration Specialist2004 - 2010United States Air Force
Technologies: Multiplexers (Mux), PBX, Linux, Networking
- Acted as the technical architect for missions that involved determining the equipment and configuration requirements and providing guidance to the installation and maintenance team.
- Led the air-control squadron and site-relocation communications design, which included coordinating the relocation with service providers to ensure the availability of critical systems during the transition.
- Wrote detailed documentation of the network, telecommunication, and transmission circuits.
- Provided cryptography solutions for missions, key issuance, renewal, and application.
- Developed tools that enabled air traffic weapons operators to automate common tasks.
- Supported computer systems for the squadron, which included installing software, fixing connectivity issues, and diagnosing hardware issues.
- Created and maintained a public website for the air control squadron.
- Graduated from Airman Leadership School and took on the role of supervisor, providing performance reports and career training for network system employees.