Verified Expert in Engineering
For the past few years, Daniel has been working on enabling developers to build software faster and easier. He's developed novel query optimizers for NoSQL databases, created machine learning algorithms for big data in adtech, and built novel high-performance API gateways for databases. As a full-stack developer, Daniel has worked with many programming languages including, Java and GraphQL. He's also created foundational software for companies and managed small engineering teams.
The most amazing...
...project I've worked on was developing a relational query engine on top of Cassandra.
- Participated in the open-source development of the Marquez and Open Lineage project. Extended Marquez to provide additional operators for the Apache Airflow data pipeline tool.
- Assisted in developing the OpenLineage specification for widespread adoption in data pipeline tools. Assisted with dataset versioning, run versioning, and job versioning concepts for data pipeline management aspects.
- Applied data modeling expertise to provide scalable solutions for the database layer. Developed PostgreSQL table partition implementations for time series data.
Senior Software Engineer
- Worked as a software engineer under DataStax's Chief Technologist to develop a new kind of data platform on top of the Cassandra database stack that would enable enterprises to quickly operationalize their data.
- Developed a query optimizer on NoSQL databases to find minimal query plans given the schema, workload, and constraints; enabled the optimizer to receive inputs from the user about advanced data features to allow decisions beyond conventional optimizers.
- Functioned as the sole back-end engineer for the SaaS platform until the team grew.
- Developed several pieces of core functionality individually and with a small team.
- Planned engineering work and delegated responsibilities.
Principal Software Engineer
- Worked as a full-stack software engineer for a big data analytics team. Developed new strategies for resolving data analytic queries faster. Created data pipelines for new data to enable Customer 360 applications.
- Built applications for natural language processing, high dimensional clustering algorithms, search, and analytics. Assisted in the development of a novel distributed database to apply machine learning at scale.
- Developed data visualization, microservice interaction tracing, and in-memory analytics to create actionable insights for developers and BI teams.
- Developed cloud-based laboratory management software for the biodefense, clinical, and life-science markets.
- Implemented data-driven procedures for automated reagent dispensing systems and codified validated protocols for micro-plate test kits.
- Developed highly tested and documented software consistent with FDA regulated software systems.
Frostbug State University
- Assisted in teaching and held labs for the computer science department. Lectured, developed course material, and mentored students.
- Led students in computer science-related extracurricular activities, including computer security competitions, recruitment efforts, and other department software projects.
- Administered the computer science GRE subject test.
- Developed flagship java business process management software for the Department of Justice (DOJ) and the Internal Revenue Service (IRS) in a proprietary Java J2EE framework.
- Worked on-site for the IRS to collect business requirements and independently developed several small Java projects.
- Held public trust and secret security clearances for DOJ and IRS.
Concept C Marketing & Design
- Constructed a WordPress website for a hair salon to highlight their products and provide location-aware pricing; building the site WordPress allowed the owner to implement changes.
- Developed a website for a mall to provide a directory of stores and highlight winter promotions.
- Worked closely with designers to assure that designs could be quickly created.
GraphQL NoSQL Query Optimizerhttps://github.com/henneberger/dbcompiler
Java, GraphQL, Rust, Python, PHP
Dropwizard, Spring, Apache Velocity, Foundation CSS
WordPress, Amazon Web Services (AWS)
Data Structures, Machine Learning, Computer Vision, Natural Language Processing (NLP), Clustering, OpenLineage, Open Source, Biotechnology, Education, GPT, Generative Pre-trained Transformers (GPT)
Master's Degree in Computer Science
Frostburg State University - Frostburg, MD, United States