Daniel I Tesfamichael
Verified Expert in Engineering
Daniel has specialized in MuleSoft development since 2016. He has been intensively engaged with Mule ESB, Java, and other integration platforms, both on-premises and in CloudHub environments. With his broad skill set for developing APIs using SOAP and REST protocols and architectural patterns, he has also played a key role in all phases of the SDLC, from design to post-deployment monitoring. In addition to nine years as an IT professional, he has taught technology courses for five years.
Amazon Web Services (AWS), Oracle, Cloud, Apache Maven, Java, Anypoint Studio, Mule ESB
The most amazing...
...Mule REST API I developed integrates the front-end and back-end of a system to manage customer information and execute all CRUD operations with loose coupling.
Senior MuleSoft Developer
United Health Group (Contractor)
- Played a key role in the project, from requirements gathering and analysis to design and development. Designed and developed audit and error connectors (using file/HTTP expanders) and RAML. Intensively engaged in defining coding standards.
- Implemented an EDI integration using X12 EDI transactions for different standards. Mapped EDI transaction sets in translation software. Implemented X12 HIPAA EDI message reading, message validation, and message writing.
- Integrated with GitHub, Jenkins, and Artifactory. Outlined deployment strategies, including Mule clustering, load balancing, MUnit, and MuleSoft.
- Worked on SOA and associated concepts such as XML Schemas, SOAP, service mediation and ESB, digital certificates, and messaging.
- Provided technical support for Mule ESB applications and projects, worked with standard and custom Mule connectors, facilitated all the development requirements, and actively communicated with offshore resources for support.
Senior MuleSoft Developer
LPL Financial (Contractor)
- Automated manual documents, using MuleSoft orchestration from the UIs to the back-end systems (MapR and Salesforce).
- Implemented intensive Mule workflows and a complex data transformation. Transported data to VM queues and an Oracle database.
- Designed and developed enterprise services using RAML and REST-based APIs. Developed integration workflows using an ESB framework.
- Implemented data transformation using XSLT and DataWeave, routing, schema, and data validation.
- Tested applications in different environments. Enabled watermarking and polling of batch records and recovery of lost or failure records. Evolved applications with standard and custom Mule Connectors.
- Maintained and implemented an existing Java API, using Anypoint Studio to make it flexible, more convenient, and easier to maintain, and to increase reusability.
- Added a reusable Mule DocuSign API, which is key to facilitate the client-side with DocuSign signature agreements.
Chamber IT, Inc.
- Played a key role in the full life cycle of a project, including design, development, and implementation.
- Created flows, subflows, and complex data transformation, using Mule Expression Language (MEL) in Anypoint Studio. Implemented and consumed both SOAP and REST.
- Created a Java application and integrated and reused it with custom Mule flows; test plans, a test suite, and test cases; and complex queries with joins, subqueries, and nested queries in SQL queries.
- Troubleshot and solved problems related to integrations. Played an active role in the design and development of a configuration service API and its connector to manage properties and custom data.
- Participated in user requirement meetings and played a key role in providing an accurate solution using Mule products.
- Applied security protocols in flows, scopes, and components: credential vault, auth2, message encryption, and digital signature.
- Collaborated and participated in meetings with onshore and offshore team members through online and offline channels on a 24/7 basis.
Information Technology Trainer
Erena Computer Technology
- Trained and guided professionals in the use of Java 8, HTML, CSS, Microsoft SQL Server, and SDLC. Developed practical sample projects to simulate real-world environments. Designed, accessed, and monitored company business activities.
- Provided training and performance skills for trainers using the Moodle platform.
- Enabled 500+ trainers to acquire skills annually, and 90%+ secured entry-level web and software developer roles.
Eritrean Textile Industry
- Created a reliable, secure network infrastructure that enabled secure communication and protected data storage across different departments.
- Installed and configured Apache Server, set all Java environmental variables, and ensured that the server was ready to use.
- Used a Linux server and managed activities: speed image building, deployment, patch management, security, and bug fixing.
- Provided user manual documents containing preliminary usage and troubleshooting for networking issues.
- Enabled 10 departments and 100+ workstation PCs to deliver reliable and secure communication.
Eritrean Ministry of Education
- Created a complete IT lab infrastructure, enabling students to practice, create, and present their projects from a central database and repositories. Application and database servers were monitored using WhatsUp Gold.
- Set up and configured a DHCP and active directory for both class and classless protocols. The complete network connection was checked and tested.
- Enabled more than 100 students to graduate and begin new careers in IT.
Verify Valid Credit Card
Customer Management Apphttps://github.com/daniwedi/customer-management-app
Git, PuTTY, Anypoint Studio, Jenkins, VMware, Postman, SoapUI, Apache Maven
Agile, REST, ETL
Linux, MuleSoft, Oracle, Mule ESB, Salesforce, MapR, AWS Lambda, Amazon Web Services (AWS)
Databases, JSON, Amazon S3 (AWS S3)
RAML, Web Servers, Cloud, Networking, User Documentation, Version Control, DocuSign, DataWeave, Healthcare EDI, VM
Diploma in Computer Science
Eritrea Institute of Technology - Eritrea
Bachelor's Degree in Chemistry
University of Asmara - Eritrea
AWS Certified Cloud Practitioner
MuleSoft Certified Developer - Level 1 (Mule 4)
MCD - Integration and API Associate (Mule 3.9)
Google IT Professional Certificate