DevOps Engineer2019 - PRESENTSafely-you (via Toptal)
Technologies: Amazon Web Services (AWS), ELK (Elastic Stack), Nagios, Linux, Python, Terraform, Ansible, AWS
- Created and ran Ansible playbooks.
- Developed Terraform resources to provision the AWS infrastructure.
- Composed Python scripts for automation.
- Deployed and maintained the ELK stack.
- Built Nagios probes for monitoring.
DevOps Engineer2019 - PRESENTSkymind (via Toptal)
Technologies: Terraform, Java, Python, Docker, Amazon SageMaker, Azure
- Created Azure DevOps pipelines.
- Set up AWS SageMaker to train models.
- Established monitoring for Azure Service apps.
- Integrated Azure with AWS.
- Implemented SQS and SNS to notify users.
DevOps Engineer2019 - 2019Pocketmade (via Toptal)
Technologies: WordPress, Linux, DeployHQ, Gulp.js
- Improved the page speed index from 20 to 97 using the page speed insights from Google as a measure.
- Set up Docker Compose for the development environments.
- Reviewed PHP files and removed unused code.
- Configured the CDN to serve static content in a faster way.
- Set up a CI/CD pipeline using DeployHQ.
DevOps Team Lead2010 - 2019Teoco
Technologies: Hadoop, Oracle, Python, Git, Kubernetes, Jenkins
- Worked mainly on automated tasks using Python; a notable example was automating the testing of our customers' deliveries—previously this manual, and after automation, we reduced the testing from two weeks to one day.
- Ensured that the CI/CD pipeline was running smoothly.
- Implemented infrastructure management mainly using Terraform on AWS.
- Generated documentation for all the infrastructure and the delivery pipelines.
- Interacted with other teams, especially development and QA.
Integration Engineer2002 - 2010TTI-Telecom
Technologies: Python, Bash, Oracle, Linux, C++
- Installed and administered the Linux OS that was holding the application.
- Managed Oracle databases; it was a challenging task because the load involved billion of records every day.
- Composed Bash and Python scripts for parsing and enriching raw data received from network elements.
- Designed and implemented HA for the on-premises servers holding the application.
- Designed and implemented a system to recover the data missed between the network elements and the application.
Software Engineer2000 - 2002Geonet
- Designed and developed a CRM system used by some companies in Colombia in a SaaS model.
- Made the system highly available using the Sun Cluster environment which was the best option at the time.
- Developed a portal used by company clients to monitor their internet usage.