Fullstack Engineer2014 - 2014SpeakUp
Technologies: AngularJS, Node.js, Mongoose, MongoDB
- Migrated frontend from Backbone/Marionnette to AngularJS.
- Setup/Managed operations on Beanstalk/EC2.
- Integration with many SaaS': New Relic, Loggly, CodeShip, MongoLab, Cloudinary.
- Setup Vagrant/Chef based development environment.
- Brought project to MVP Launch.
Founder, CTO1996 - 2013Sologlobe Logistique Inc
Technologies: Java, Tomcat, MySQL/MSSQL/Oracle
- Architected and led the implementation of a Manufacturing-Logistics execution platform providing real-time visibility of materials and operations.
- Created sophisticated representation of material assets, including: serialized assets, nested bill of material assemblies (as built, as designed), discrete and flow processes.
- Implemented a flexible distributed workflow engine to support highly customized manufacturing processes.
- Implemented analytics engine to track trending performance metrics, as well as detect outliers.
- Responsible for large scale, simulation based dynamic optimization of warehouse material location assignment.
- Responsible for integration with upstream ERP systems.
- Responsible for integration of voice recognition capability for increased productivity.
- Responsible for integration with complex automated storage systems such as carousels.
- Created traceability and genealogy in material flows to enable efficient recall logistics (in the food and beverage industry for example).
Contractor2011 - 2012Macadamian Labs
- Built mobile application design to demonstrate capabilities of the then nascent Playbook and BB10 platforms.
- Responsible for high profile social networking application development for the the BlackBerry 10 platform launch.
R&D Innovation2010 - 2012Axial Développement Inc.
- Created automated infrastructure provisioning and monitoring (Chef+EC2).
- Created standardized developer environment (vagrant), Continuous Integration (Hudson CI).
- Responsible for introduction of NoSQL Technology (MongoDB).
Research Analyst1991 - 2002Communications Research Centre
Technologies: C++, C
- Developed a full-stack MPEG-2 encoder.
- Created a video processing library for video compression.
- Created an entropy coding library for video compression.
- Ran subjective/objective evaluation of video codecs.
- Ekomobi resposive website design platform (Development)http://ekomobi.com/
Created a website design platform, producing a responsive website with a simple and flexible site editor.
- Live voting platform (Development)
Created a realtime mobile voting platform for use during live events. Built with a Node.js backend and Socket-io communications.
- Gatineau Ouverte (Development)http://gatineauouverte.org/
Organized community events to foster the flourishing of open data initiatives at the local level (City of Gatineau).
- Daniel is a mentor in the Toptal Global Mentor’s Program. This program is a partnership between Toptal and General Assembly to provide high quality mentorship for students from minority and low income backgrounds who are looking to begin their careers as professional software engineers. Daniel shows commitment to diversity in tech by mentoring a General Assembly student every week for a year, covering everything from coding tips and tricks to advice on making it in the industry.
Libraries/APIsNode.js, jQuery, Restify, Facebook API
ToolsGrunt, Bower, Make, Vagrant, Chef
ParadigmsPromise, Agile Software Development, Asynchronous Programming, MapReduce
PlatformsLinux, Google App Engine, Heroku
StorageJSON, MongoDB, MySQL, CouchDB, Microsoft SQL Server
OtherMachine Learning, CloudFoundry
- Ph.D. degree in Information Theory (Video Coding)1997 - 2002INRS-Telecommunications - Montreal, Canada
- M.Sc.A. degree in Optimization, Operations Research1989 - 1992Ecole Polytechnique de Montréal - Montreal, Canada
- B.Sc. degree in Mathematics, Computer Science1985 - 1990University of Ottawa - Ottawa, Canada