- Fullstack Engineer2014 - 2014SpeakUp
Technologies: AngularJS, Node.js, Mongoose, MongoDB
- Migrated frontend from Backbone/Marionnette to AngularJS.
- Setup/Managed operations on Beanstalk/EC2.
- Integration with many SaaS': New Relic, Loggly, CodeShip, MongoLab, Cloudinary.
- Setup Vagrant/Chef based development environment.
- Brought project to MVP Launch.
- Founder, CTO1996 - 2013Sologlobe Logistique Inc
Technologies: Java, Tomcat, MySQL/MSSQL/Oracle
- Architected and led the implementation of a Manufacturing-Logistics execution platform providing real-time visibility of materials and operations.
- Created sophisticated representation of material assets, including: serialized assets, nested bill of material assemblies (as built, as designed), discrete and flow processes.
- Implemented a flexible distributed workflow engine to support highly customized manufacturing processes.
- Implemented analytics engine to track trending performance metrics, as well as detect outliers.
- Responsible for large scale, simulation based dynamic optimization of warehouse material location assignment.
- Responsible for integration with upstream ERP systems.
- Responsible for integration of voice recognition capability for increased productivity.
- Responsible for integration with complex automated storage systems such as carousels.
- Created traceability and genealogy in material flows to enable efficient recall logistics (in the food and beverage industry for example).
- Contractor2011 - 2012Macadamian Labs
- Built mobile application design to demonstrate capabilities of the then nascent Playbook and BB10 platforms.
- Responsible for high profile social networking application development for the the BlackBerry 10 platform launch.
- R&D Innovation2010 - 2012Axial Développement Inc.
- Created automated infrastructure provisioning and monitoring (Chef+EC2).
- Created standardized developer environment (vagrant), Continuous Integration (Hudson CI).
- Responsible for introduction of NoSQL Technology (MongoDB).
- Research Analyst1991 - 2002Communications Research Centre
Technologies: C++, C
- Developed a full-stack MPEG-2 encoder.
- Created a video processing library for video compression.
- Created an entropy coding library for video compression.
- Ran subjective/objective evaluation of video codecs.