Daniel Louis Galperin
SQL Developer in Lake Forest, CA, United States
Member since August 20, 2017
Dan is an Oracle 12c programmer with over 18 years' experience, the last 12 of which have been remote. He specializes in PL/SQL, T-SQL, UNIX shell scripting, Oracle Forms and Reports, and has also done PERL and Python scripting. Dan has expert-level relational data modeling skills and knows T-SQL; thus, he would welcome SQL Server development projects, as well. He can read Pro*C/C well, and he can do most Oracle DBA work.
Oracle Programming Consultant2017 - 2017Bayer Crop Science
Technologies: Oracle SQL, PL/SQL
- Wrote complex queries to capture information on Bayer crop science studies. Collaborated with Bayer's scientists as users. Queries involved performance tuning, WITH clauses/factored subqueries, and db links.
Oracle Developer2015 - 2017Hyundai Capital USA
Technologies: PL/SQL, UNIX shell scripting, Pro*C, Oracle Forms, Oracle Reports
- Translated to 10,000 lines of Pro*C code to PL/SQL for a credit bureau rating conversion project.
- Wrote numerous backend PL/SQL and UNIX shell programs for the company's loan origination system.
- Modified complex Oracle Forms for the same system.
Oracle Programmer2004 - 2015Nestle USA
Technologies: PL/SQL, PERL, UNIX shell scripting, Oracle Forms, Oracle Reports, Appworx
- Developed and maintained, using Oracle XML, PL/SQL, PERL, UNIX ksh scripting, Python, and Oracle Forms,Nestle Mobile Application Suite Oracle system. It was mission-critical and served over 2,000 daily routes.
- Created and maintained Nestle's Supplier Quality Rating System for its large ice cream plants. Done it Oracle, this used PL/SQL, Oracle Designer, Oracle Forms and Oracle Reports.
- Supported and developed custom code for Oracle Financials R12 Fixed Assets. The code populated fa_mass_additions, fa_mass_transfers, and fa_mass_retirements.
- Served as business analyst, programming, and data modeler on Nestle's complex custom financial systems for pricing and promotions.
- Performed advanced relational data modeling in creating new schemas for the above applications.
Oracle Programmer and DBA2000 - 2004California Department of Industrial Relations
Technologies: PL/SWL, forms, reports, Oracle DBA
- Maintained and supported the agency's Worker's Compensation Information System and its Occupational Safety and Health Appeals Board Oracle systems.
- Contributed to OracleDBA work especially in performance tuning, scheduling using the UNIX Cron, and Oracle export/import for backup and recovery.
LanguagesSQL, Pro*C, T-SQL, Perl
StorageOracle 12c, PL/SQL, PL/SQL Developer, Oracle DBA
OtherOracle Performance Tuning, Oracle Forms & Reports, PL/SQL Tuning, Data Modeling, Unix Shell Scripting
ToolsOracle Financials, C#.NET WinForms
- Master of Pubic Affairs degree in Public Affairs1994 - 1996University of Texas at Austin - Austin, Texas
- Ph.D. in Logic, Philosophy1989 - 1994University of Calfornia at Riverside - Riverside, CA
- Bachelor of Arts degree in Philisophy1984 - 1988University of Redlands - Redlands, CA