Daniel has over 10 years of experience developing mobile apps. He has built all kinds of applications—from dating apps to medical apps. He has a passion for developing engaging, state-of-the-art apps that push the limits of technological capabilities.
ExperienceGit - 10 yearsiOS SDK - 10 yearsAgile Software Development - 9 yearsObjective-C - 9 yearsMapKit - 8 yearsSwift - 7 yearsJava - 3 yearsCore Data - 3 years
Xcode, MacOS, iOS
The most amazing...
...project I've worked on is an electronic medical record system to manage information for over 7,000 patients on a set of nine apps for a medical center.
Senior iOS Engineer
- Developed new features of the Issuu iOS app within a cross-functional team.
- Oversaw the continuous integration pipeline and releases.
- Coordinated the UX design for refactoring new versions of the iOS app.
Mobile Engineer (iOS)
- Worked on one of the product teams that took care of implementing different new features within the app.
- Managed the release of different versions of the LOVOO app to the App Store.
- Oversaw the modernization of tracking and routing libraries to be shared amongst different platforms.
Lead iOS Developer
- Led the iOS team, coordinating the new implementation of apps.
- Build the JumpTrack Swift app from scratch, based on the old Objective-C version.
- Worked on the integration of external Bluetooth barcode scanners and worked on the design of the API for ScanIt.
- Worked on an in-house app used by election officials in the US. It makes heavy use of Core Data and network requests.
- Optimized Core Data in order to have faster calculations.
- Worked with another developer in a different country, fixing issues and implementing new features.
- Improved the use of a barcode scanner using the iPad camera.
Xerox (via ZIA Consulting)
- Worked as part of the team that developed the Xerox Fresh Docs app.
- Worked on the development team of the utility app used to browse a CMIS repository. Used Alfresco to fork and open source the app code.
- Designed and implemented a secure login solution for enterprise apps using client/server-side token authentication.
Pfizer (via Brown Bag Marketing)
- Developed an app with the app-within-an-app concept aimed at sales for Pfizer representatives.
- Helped create a custom company framework to support multiple apps currently under development within the company.
- Developed multiple apps to support sales staff in pitching new clinics to join Pfizer programs.
- Implemented client-side code to manage database queries.
- Worked on the design of different UI elements for different apps.
Telecommunications Software Engineer
Nuevatel PCS de Bolivia S.A.
- Designed and developed VIVA Smart App, allowing VIVA's clients to manage the data account of their iOS devices.
- Worked on the team that developed V-ONE, a business support service to manage prepaid and postpaid accounts. Designed the system to hold a load of approximately 7,000 simultaneous requests and connections.
- Contributed to the development of an SMS center. Designed and implemented multiple back-end web services for different applications within the company.
- Participated in weekly team meetings to design UI and UX for new projects.
- Attended Apple WWDC 2012 as a company representative.
Consultant for Software Development Projects
- Designed and developed a location-aware medical record system for the "Vivir con Diabetes" diabetes center.
- Developed a set of seven iPad apps to manage all patient information on the clinic. Used iPads to serve as clients of the Java-implemented back end.
- Oversaw the transition of the "Vivir con Diabetes" center to Mac computers.
An app that aims to increase the interest in space exploration. The commercial version is currently under development.
Swift, Objective-C, Swift 5, C, C++, PHP, Java
iOS SDK, Cocoa Touch, JSON Framework for Objective-C, MapKit, Core Data, RestKit, UIKit
Xcode, Adobe Illustrator, Sketch, Git
Model View Controller (MVC), App Development, Distributed Programming, Agile Software Development, REST, Event-driven Programming, Test-driven Development (TDD)
iOS, Firebase, MacOS
iPhone, App Store, iPhone App Developer, Unix Shell Scripting, User Interface (UI), SOAP, Shell Scripting, User Experience (UX)
Firebase iOS SDK, Core Animation, Google Maps, RxSwift, Facebook API
Firebase Realtime Database, SQLite, MySQL
Bachelor's Degree in Computer Engineering
Universidad Catolica Boliviana - Cochabamba, Bolivia