Senior iOS Engineer2021 - PRESENTIssuu
Technologies: iOS, Swift, Firebase, UX
- Developed new features of the Issuu iOS app within a cross-functional team.
- Oversaw the continuous integration pipeline and releases.
- Coordinated the UX design for refactoring new versions of the iOS app.
Mobile Engineer (iOS)2018 - 2021LOVOO
Technologies: Swift, iOS, UIKit, RxSwift
- Worked on one of the product teams that took care of implementing different new features within the app.
- Managed the release of different versions of the LOVOO app to the App Store.
- Oversaw the modernization of tracking and routing libraries to be shared amongst different platforms.
Lead iOS Developer2017 - 2018Jalasoft, Inc.
Technologies: Objective-C, Swift, iOS
- Led the iOS team, coordinating the new implementation of apps.
- Build the JumpTrack Swift app from scratch, based on the old Objective-C version.
- Worked on the integration of external Bluetooth barcode scanners and worked on the design of the API for ScanIt.
iOS Developer2014 - 2015KNOWiNK, LLC
Technologies: Objective-C, iOS
- Worked on an in-house app used by election officials in the US. It makes heavy use of Core Data and network requests.
- Optimized Core Data in order to have faster calculations.
- Worked with another developer in a different country, fixing issues and implementing new features.
- Improved the use of a barcode scanner using the iPad camera.
iOS Developer2013 - 2014Xerox (via ZIA Consulting)
Technologies: MySQL, Objective-C, iOS
- Worked as part of the team that developed the Xerox Fresh Docs app.
- Worked on the development team of the utility app used to browse a CMIS repository. Used Alfresco to fork and open source the app code.
- Designed and implemented a secure login solution for enterprise apps using client/server-side token authentication.
iOS Developer2013 - 2014Pfizer (via Brown Bag Marketing)
Technologies: Core Data, Objective-C, Cocoa Touch
- Developed an app with the app-within-an-app concept aimed at sales for Pfizer representatives.
- Helped create a custom company framework to support multiple apps currently under development within the company.
- Developed multiple apps to support sales staff in pitching new clinics to join Pfizer programs.
- Implemented client-side code to manage database queries.
- Worked on the design of different UI elements for different apps.
Telecommunications Software Engineer2010 - 2013Nuevatel PCS de Bolivia S.A.
Technologies: PHP, C++, Shell Scripting, MySQL, Java, Objective-C, iOS
- Designed and developed VIVA Smart App, allowing VIVA's clients to manage the data account of their iOS devices.
- Worked on the team that developed V-ONE, a business support service to manage prepaid and postpaid accounts. Designed the system to hold a load of approximately 7,000 simultaneous requests and connections.
- Contributed to the development of an SMS center. Designed and implemented multiple back-end web services for different applications within the company.
- Participated in weekly team meetings to design UI and UX for new projects.
- Attended Apple WWDC 2012 as a company representative.
Consultant for Software Development Projects2010 - 2012Direct Relief
Technologies: MySQL, Java, Objective-C, iOS
- Designed and developed a location-aware medical record system for the "Vivir con Diabetes" diabetes center.
- Developed a set of seven iPad apps to manage all patient information on the clinic. Used iPads to serve as clients of the Java-implemented back end.
- Oversaw the transition of the "Vivir con Diabetes" center to Mac computers.