Consultant2018 - 2018The Action Network
Technologies: Amazon Web Services (AWS), AWS Lambda, AWS, Hapi.js, React
- Extended the back-end API on Hapi.js.
- Created a dynamic image processor for use in targeted ads built on AWS Lambda.
Lead Developer2017 - 2018Mindful Education
Technologies: Amazon Web Services (AWS), AWS, Vue, React, Node.js
- Led the development of website projects for Mindful Education.
- Updated VLE using React and Express.
Principal Engineer2016 - 2017NDA
Technologies: PostgreSQL, Redux, React
- Built an education and testing platform in the financial sector.
Senior Front-end Developer2014 - 2017Hearst Corporation
- Worked on the international technology team, leading a team of five offshore developers in the migration, implementation, and development of a universal technology stack.
- Launched products in six countries that have helped expand our brand reach (Cosmopolitan, Sugarscape, and Elle) and increase advertising options.
- Developed a non-blocking distributed system data migration tool in Node.js and AWS.
Senior Developer2013 - 2014Ammirati Creative Agency (acquired by IBM)
Technologies: RESTful Development, RESTful APIs, AngularJS, Underscore.js, Laravel, CakePHP
- Developed Jerry Seinfeld’s responsive comediansincarsgettingcoffee.com in collaboration with Sony’s Crackle.
- Developed prolofinder.com on AngularJS with a Laravel RESTful API back end and OAuth2.0 as a standalone SaaS application.
- Completed a delivery.com/Yelp integration system, which allowed users to place orders directly on Yelp through delivery.com on mobile and desktop. The system was built using CakePHP, Backbone.js, Underscore, and Handlebars.
- Completed various projects for clients like Sweet’N Low and Forex in WordPress and PHP.
Front-end Lead2012 - 2013Thrillist Media Group (Thrillist/JackThreads)
- Coded a new content delivery site for Thrillist.com running on CakePHP and using SOLR as its data source for high speed reads, while still allowing admin users to use Drupal as the back office CMS for content creation and management.
Consultant, Developer2010 - 2012NorthPoint Solutions (acquired by Ernst & Young)
- Developed on-site at Hearst, Inc. for the Car & Driver and Elle brands.
- Succeeded in more than tripling the site speed for ~80% of visits and increasing the Google PageSpeed by ~20 points.
Founder, Developer2009 - 2012Closetbank
- Founded and developed closetbank.com on top of a LAMP stack.
- Used Ajax and jQuery UI elements to create a virtual closet application with special consideration towards interaction design using Google Web Optimizers and Analytics.
- Worked alone on all aspects of design, development, marketing, and maintenance of the website.
- Featured in the New York Times and the Art Institute as well as on various blogs.
- Attracted thousands of daily users before being eventually decommissioned.
Web Producer2007 - 2010The Council on Foreign Relations
- Handled Cfr.org and Foreignaffairs.com as well as associated production tasks and projects.
Analyst2007 - 2007AT&T
Technologies: MySQL, Java
- Contributed to a rotational in-house consulting and analyst program.
- Worked primarily on web design, Java development, and test support for UAT/JST environments on a central database project.