Director of Engineering2013 - PRESENTCareMessage
Technologies: Amazon Web Services (AWS), Google Cloud Platform (GCP), Kubernetes, Twilio, Angular, PostgreSQL, Elixir, Ruby on Rails (RoR), Healthcare, Architecture, HIPAA Compliance, Ruby, Software Architecture, Leadership
- Managed a geographically dispersed team.
- Led technical efforts for the project.
- Ensured HITECH/HIPAA compliance.
Consultant/Co-founder2013 - PRESENTBrane
Technologies: NGINX, Redis, PostgreSQL, MongoDB, Node.js, AngularJS, Ruby on Rails (RoR), Ruby, Architecture, HIPAA Compliance, Healthcare, Software Architecture, Leadership
- Helped trim unnecessary elements and improve usability, focusing on perceived value from the blueprints to the actual finished product.
- Solved scalability issues (including database optimizations, new architectural concepts, and service distributions).
- Coached and mentored on best software practices.
- Helped mitigate infrastructure costs using available cloud platforms and technologies (e.g., AWS, Digital Ocean, Rackspace).
- Created a spider and scraping solution to help with the tagging of unstructured data.
Solutions Architect2010 - 2013OmniLogic S/A
- Led development of a large recommendations platform to improve Brazilian eCommerce conversion rates.
- Developed and maintained several custom showcases with different recommendation and product similarity algorithms.
- Developed and maintained an RPC protocol using ZeroMQ for streams of real-time data and remote method invocations.
- Fined tuned machine learning and artificial intelligence algorithms and prototypes.
- Built a high-availability, scalable architecture to handle 900+ web requests/sec.
- Used AWS stack to handle huge clusters of machines and distributed services.
- Processed large behavioral datasets.
Software Engineer2005 - 2010Sydle
Technologies: BEA AquaLogic Service Bus, MySQL, Spring, Apache Struts, Oracle 10g, Oracle 9g, Java, Architecture, Software Architecture
- Supported and developed an internal MVC Java framework used as the base of all client projects.
- Created a report generation framework with a custom DSL, custom filters, and output transformations (e.g., PDF, HTML, Excel, CSV).
- Contributed to development of a large SOA project for a major Brazilian telecom using BEA AquaLogic.
- Oversaw code quality and standards as lead developer.
- Developed back-end logic in Java for an invoicing, billing, and reporting CRM application targeted at large Brazilian enterprises.