- Consultant/Co-FounderBrane2013 - PRESENT
Technologies: Ruby, Rails, AngularJS, Node.js, MongoDB, PostgreSQL, Redis, Nginx
- From the blueprints to the actual finished product, helped trim the unnecessary, improve usability, and focused on perceived value as well.
- Solved scalability issues (including database optimizations, new architectural concepts, and service distributions).
- Coached and mentored on best software practices.
- Helped mitigate infrastructure costs using available cloud platforms and technologies (e.g., AWS, Digital Ocean, Rackspace).
- Created a spider and scraping solution to help with the tagging of unstructured data ('About' jobs/freelancing positions).
- Solutions ArchitectOmniLogic S/A2010 - 2013
- Led development of a large recommendations platform to improve Brazilian eCommerce conversion rates.
- Developed and maintained several custom showcases with different recommendation and product similarity algorithms.
- Developed and maintained an RPC protocol using ZeroMQ for streams of real-time data and remote method invocations.
- Fined tuned Machine Learning and Artificial Intelligence algorithms and prototypes.
- Built a high-availability, scalable architecture to handle 900+ web requests/sec.
- Used AWS stack to handle huge clusters of machines and distributed services.
- Processed large behavioral datasets.
- Software EngineerSydle2005 - 2010
Technologies: Java, Oracle 9g/10g, Struts, Spring, MySQL, BEA AquaLogic
- Supported and developed an internal MVC Java Framework used as the base of all client projects.
- Created a report generation framework with a custom DSL, custom filters, and output transformations (i.e., PDF, HTML, Excel, CSV).
- Contributed to development of a large SOA project for a major Brazilian telecom using BEA AquaLogic.
- Held responsibility over code quality and standards as lead developer.
- Developed back-end logic in Java for an invoicing, billing, and reporting CRM application targeted at large Brazilian enterprises.