Full-stack Software Engineer2018 - 2020ASAPP
- Added and improved many features to the internal data annotation platform (back. end and front end) such as user/role management, data import/export, new annotation mechanisms, legacy data migration, bulk data manipulation, and analytical dashboards.
- Developed tools for annotating/tagging large sets of data dynamically by multiple users in complex workflows.
- Added a test framework to the front-end platform to reduce regressions in future changes.
- Refactored the front end into a single standardized codebase and cleaned extraneous code and dependencies.
- Improved the UX/UI by applying Material Design best practices, simplifying user interactions and closely listening to user feedback.
- Improved the Docker setup to reduce image sizes, improving build time and properly use production builds.
Full-stack Software Engineer2018 - 2019For Days
- Improved the analytics platform by creating new dashboards and fixing existing ones with more accurate data and using custom parameters to view historical data with more flexibility.
- Improved the performance of complex SQL queries in the analytics platform and documented it to reduce the learning curve for other team members to modify them in future changes.
- Implemented user voucher creation/modification in the back-office platform.
Full-stack Software Engineer2017 - 2018Caos Group
- Wrote a bulk email pinging/verification platform from scratch.
- Developed a call center platform from scratch with an integrated autodialer system using a predictive dialing algorithm tailored for specific usage of the company.
- Developed G.AI.A, a marketing platform that uses AI and NLP to create campaigns with better results.
- Developed a system for processing user data and discount coupons automatically according to the user profile.
- Configured a Kubernetes cluster for another call center platform that uses AI and NLP to match call recording against the scripts.
Software Engineer/Technology Consultant2017 - 2018TveStore (Audiovisual Production Company)
- Ported the legacy platform to Docker in order to simplify the software development and deployment procedures.
- Configured a distributed storage setup for uploading/downloading videos.
- Implemented metrics/logging on the whole platform using a New Relic and ELK stack, in order to help tracking down recurrent bugs and issues.
- Mentored the development team and the board of directors on best practices on software development and workflow improvements.
- Planned a major redesign of the platform without impacting the delivery of new features demanded by clients.
Full-stack Software Engineer2015 - 2017Easytown (Tourism Startup)
- Led and reviewed the work of a team of three developers during the whole development of the platform.
- Developed the architecture of a social eCommerce platform considering high-scalability and modularity requirements.
- Attended public events (like Campus Party) to present the project to a variety of people with very different backgrounds.
- Redesigned the system during a major shift in the company strategy.
- Led the development of the redesigned platform in a progressive way without any downtime.
Full-stack Software Engineer2013 - 2015Project One
- Developed the architecture of proprietary CRM systems in the company.
- Developed an ORM in .NET (inspired by Entity Framework) to integrate the company proprietary frameworks.
- Designed and implemented a system of dynamically-generated lead capture forms with real-time statistics dashboards.
- Integrated and normalized information from multiple APIs (of different data providers).
- Developed a highly interactive data analysis dashboard using Crossfilter and D3.js.
- Configured production environments and deployment procedures.
- Developed a simple deployment system using bash scripts.
- Created extensions and customizations for vTiger (a CRM system).
- Created custom portlets for the Liferay platform using JRuby.
- Managed a team of four developers and coordinated the work with a designer for the initial prototypes of a startup project.
Software Developer2011 - 2012Freelance
Technologies: .NET, VB.NET, Microsoft SQL Server, Microsoft Visual Studio, C#, SQL
- Developed a pet shop ERP (desktop and web application) with real-time synchronization and analytical data visualizations.
- Worked closely with local petshops to understand their workflows, use cases, and developed tools to fit in their daily tasks without increasing work complexity.
- Developed an access control system for a medical government entity.