Software Engineer2016 - PRESENTQeexo
Technologies: C, Python
- Added a classification feature that permitted a reduction to the number of users in subsequent data collections.
- Created a tool for predicting the final model performance based on a small initial sample of data.
- Developed a tool for evaluating capacitive touch data quality based on how tightly a 2D Gaussian surface fits the data.
- Rewrote the C code for the primary machine learning model to improve readability, latency, and memory footprint.
Software Engineering Intern2016 - 2016
Technologies: Python, C++
- Implemented an extraction algorithm that returns DOM nodes corresponding to annotated web pages.
- Developed an evaluation framework to assist with iteratively improving the performance of the aforementioned algorithm.
- Implemented a prototype web page transcoder that converts desktop-only pages to mobile-friendly.
Software Engineering Intern2015 - 2015Elsen
Technologies: PostgreSQL, Python, Haskell
- Implemented standard library functions for a custom programming language designed specifically for devising and testing financial trading strategies.
- Added financial indicator functions to Elsen’s existing system.
- Implemented programs for retrieving and ingesting financial data.
Machine Learning Engineer2012 - 2014Diffbot
- Implemented and extended machine learning algorithms for classifying web pages, extracting dates from article pages, extracting brands from product pages, and extracting primary images from arbitrary pages.
- Maintained and extended Diffbot’s Custom API Toolkit, a service for creating custom APIs and customizing Diffbot’s existing APIs.
- Implemented the initial version of Crawlbot, a service that crawls a specified domain and sends the crawled URLs to Diffbot’s APIs for processing.
- Developed internal tools for evaluating information extraction algorithms, data collection, and headless rendering of web pages on remote servers.