Database BI Architect2017 - PRESENTArtemetrx
Technologies: Microsoft SQL Server
- Led the data architecture for a SaaS healthcare and pharmaceutical analytics application, for pharmacy benefit managers. Designed ETL processes to populate the data warehouse. Implemented business rules and optimized processes for monthly processing of millions of healthcare claims for close to 100 clients. Created highly optimized stored procedures for the .NET front end.
ETL/DW Architect2013 - PRESENTZodiac Aerospace
Technologies: Lawson M3, SSAS, SQL Server Integration Services (SSIS), Microsoft SQL Server
- Created ETL in a SSIS and data warehouse in Microsoft SQL Server using MS SQL 2012. Used partitioning and ColumnStore indexes.
- Handled all of Zodiac's more complicated ETL and DW modeling tasks, such as financial and manufacturing reporting.
- Used the SSIS Package class object in .NET to create dynamic packages on the fly, providing a dynamic framework to copy table data from ODS to remote sites.
- Built a profit and loss SSAS Cube, using some MDX.
- Provided frameworks for handling many of the ETL related support features (logging, scheduling, and configuration).
Architect, Data Warehouse/ETL2012 - 2013Carrington Holdings
Technologies: T-SQL (Transact-SQL), Microsoft SQL Server
- Worked extensively with SSIS in BIDS and T-SQL in Microsoft SQL Server 2008R2.
- Designed, developed, and maintained ETL for data import/exports for 10+ sub-companies of Carrington.
- Designed new data integration processes for new vendors.
- Designed star schema models the data warehouse.
- Took a project manager role on large IT initiatives, such as environment migrations and system upgrades.
Database Team Manager2009 - 2012Experian Consumer Direct
Technologies: Microsoft SQL Server
- Managed database projects on our SQL Server platform with over one million visitors, and millions of page views per day.
- Managed a team of ten in a fast-paced, tight timeline environment.
- Provided data management leadership and oversight for over 15 large projects per year at our $1 billion/year company. Oversaw smaller enhancements, production bug fixes, and emergency issues.
- Developed overall database department strategy and maintained road maps.
- Built relationships with other departments to understand struggles, maximize cooperation, meet goals, and manage resources.
Data Warehouse Architect2007 - 2009Experian Consumer Direct
Technologies: Cognos 10, Microsoft SQL Server
- Supported the mobile app development for FreeCreditReport.com for iPhone and Android.
- Designed, developed, and documented the ETL process end-to-end from a high-level to allow quick on-boarding.
- Designed and modeled the database for a new star schema model to track all customer-related events.
- Reviewed and documented deficiencies in the data model for future enhancements and modifications.
- Administrated the Cognos BI application and designed models using Framework Manager.
Senior Technical Architect2003 - 2007Option One Mortgage
Technologies: .NET, PowerBuilder, TIBCO, Microsoft SQL Server
- Instrumental in designing the database architecture using SOA (service-oriented architecture) by integrating existing applications with third-party applications and external vendor web services.
- Modeled complex data structures including a sales compensation rules engine, mortgage origination database, Enterprise ID management, dataset versioning, re-queueing mechanisms, and centralized error and status tracking.
- Supervised and monitored the health of mission-critical Origination servers supporting web-facing and internal applications.
- Led projects aside from the standard application development projects, such as rules engine integration, middle tier XML processes, third party applications, outsourced projects, data extracts, and nightly processes.
- Participated in QA test plan meetings, load testing, and UAT and training environment configurations.