Principal Cloud Engineer and DevSecOps Architect2013 - PRESENTDigital Nomad Inc.
Technologies: API Gateways, Microservices, Terraform, TensorFlow, Angular, React, Spring Boot, Jenkins, Kubernetes, Cloud, Relational Database Services (RDS), AWS EC2, AWS
- Designed and implemented a real-time monitored high availability cloud-based security and quality verification pipeline utilizing AWS, Jenkins, Cloud Watch, EC2, RDS, Cloud Trail, and Java Microservices via API gateways enabling a premier RPA giant to operate a third party monetization platform (Robot Store).
- Created an industry first, a standards-driven application and network security verification system for third party Robotic Process Automation (RPA) for enterprise acceptance.
- Put together a partnership between a silicon valley unicorn and cybersecurity firms via identifying, screening and proposing terms of the long term Alliance and by convincing tech firm's top brass of the necessity.
- Designed and led the implementation of machine learning applications for prediction, clustering, and classification on historical/real-time real estate data and digital media.
- Designed cloud platforms using Pivotal Cloud Foundry/Kubernetes, and microservice OpenAPIs for a major public sector client.
- Developed a Firebase integrated hybrid mobile App serving financial services clients of a startup fintech firm.
- Designed technical interviews and selected top onshore and offshore engineers for Skunk Works innovation teams.
- Designed and implemented a cloud-based DevOps pipeline for a cryptocurrency using the Ethereum blockchain platform.
Vice-President of Innovation and Technology2018 - 2019MobileLive Inc.
Technologies: Machine Learning, Artificial Intelligence (AI), Terraform, Pipelines, Cloud, AWS, DevSecOps
- Led technology organization consisting of strategy, project management, development and testing departments (4 senior directors, 12 leads/managers, and 200+ designers, data scientists, quality, and feature engineers). In charge of strategic direction and execution oversight of innovation & technology organization fueling a break-neck growth professional services firm.
- Managed a geographically and culturally diverse organization, with offices in Toronto, Montreal, and Pakistan.
- Lead Canadian major Bank's enterprise acceptance of the company's in-house robotic platform via InfoSec audit engagement, fact-based review interactions, and red team penetration testing.
- Created DevSecOps and Cloud practice areas leading to a 20 percent increase in project delivery speed and 20 percent decrease in cost via recruiting the best talent, mentoring junior engineers in DevOps and secure SDLC practices in the cloud.
- Led company into new verticals in Cloud, DevOps, Machine Learning and Hybrid Mobile Development via strategically identifying lucrative market niches, designing entry strategies with key clients and building partnerships with market-leading technology firms such as Lightbend, Joyent, MongoDB, Amazon, Gravity and Contentful.
- Reformed company's in-house security policies via uplifting IT policies in regards to IT asset assignments, cloud asset administration, sensitive data storage and data access in compliance with ISO 27001.
Director of Digital Engineering2017 - 2018Royal Bank of Canada
Technologies: Microservices, API Gateways, Sybase, Pivotal Cloud Foundry (PCF), AWS, Boot, Node.js
- Created, built, and delivered tools unencumbered by the many layers of decision making common in large organizations.
- Entrusted to conceptualize and lead execution of digital transformation strategies, we harness the best, most effective methodologies available to drive innovation.
- Accelerated delivery of mobile and web applications for the bank’s entire wealth management customer base.
- Cut development time and cost in half via implementing test automation tools and DevSecOps techniques.
- Lead secure architecture and coding practice development for Bank's wealth management platform digitization efforts leading to months of development time and $100,000s of dollars in savings via convincing InfoSec teams to eliminate redundant security measures.
- Delivered very well-received lectures and formed study groups on DevSecOps and machine learning to the audience of 250+ engineering cohort of RBC Wealth mgmt.
Chief Engineer2016 - 2017Manulife Investments Inc.
Technologies: Gradle, Azure, Redis, Microsoft SQL Server, RabbitMQ, AngularJS, Scala, Node.js, AWS, Docker, OpenStack, NLTK, Scikit-learn, Pandas, NumPy, Akka, Python, Java, Pivotal Cloud Foundry (PCF)
- Deployed applications to Manulife’s brand new cloud foundry driven PAAS and built a continuous. deployment system using Pivotal’s CI framework concourse.
- Developed cutting-edge prototypes on pivotal cloud foundry using machine learning models while mentoring developers to work on the firm’s first internal skunkworks projects outfit.
- Led multicultural international Agile DevOps teams through end-to-end SDLC: architecture.design, microservices, feature development, operations, debugging and software maintenance.
- Designed enterprise-wide applications as microservice APIs and ensures highest software development standards (TDD & BDD) are utilized in a massively scalable manner in building them.
- Ensured Manulife’s first SAAS product success by developing product features, writing unit and. integration tests, algorithmic optimization, debugging and application monitoring.
Development Team Lead and Software Solutions Architect2014 - 2016Ericsson Worldwide Inc.
- Contributed product vision, project leadership, and software engineering expertise through SDLC, utilizing cutting edge API and microservice architectures.
- Served as cloud administration, Linux OS, application deployment, containerization, configuration and maintenance SME with a multi-national development services team.
- Led a DevOps team of 7 through hands-on development, feature design, and maintenance of new features, level 3 support, subject matter expertise and escalations/investigations for highly scalable distributed software used in continuous software integration, tracing and monitoring.
- Designed and led the development of Ericsson’s open-sourced High Availability Jenkins Plugin (HAJP), using a Jenkins mixed cluster with Akka and Java virtual machines using Jenkins API and Scala.
- Advised product management and architecture teams in multiple international locations and proposes strategy changes to maximize Ericsson’s productivity in technology development.
- Recognized as an all-star technology leader and solutions architect serving as design, development, deployment and cloud solutions provider for half a dozen new service launches.
Co-founder & VP of Engineering and Development2011 - 2014Raincheck Global Inc.
- Designed and developed high availability web applications utilizing extreme programming techniques and cutting edge technologies on cloud application development platforms.
- Spearheaded geographical intelligence (GIS) application development using Open Source server and client technologies.
- Directed project planning sessions focused on assessing business requirements and potential IT solutions with managers, business analysts, and team members.
- Recruited and led nearshore, onshore and offshore design and development teams from the United States, Canada, and India.
- Managed code reviews, administered production servers and verifies the alignment of solutions with architectural specifications.
Data Scientist and Application Developer2011 - 2013Mawer Investment Mgmt Ltd.
- Designed, developed, and maintained business intelligence and reporting web applications replacing legacy crystal reports utilizing Web 2.0 technologies in collaboration with Research and Portfolio Management.
- Lead SQL and ETL development for reporting applications utilizing SSIS, Pentaho and Java/Talend applications.
- Conceptualized and developed a business intelligence, portfolio return analysis Intranet web application that linked the company with external databases and delivered analysis in the table, graphical, and pivot formats.
- Analyzed corporate data and implemented machine learning models utilizing regression, classification, clustering, and natural language processing (NLP) for equity research and sales/marketing target identification and business intelligence development purposes.
- Appointed to serve as an enterprise data custodian responsible for building data dashboards and led/oversaw corporate data governance strategy.