Verified Expert in Engineering
For over the past decade, Danilo has been working as a software developer creating web apps and software that can scale. At his current employment, he’s successfully occupied several roles such as full-stack developer, team lead, manager, back-end developer, and he’s now working on a team that is responsible for the development tools. Danilo champions best practices and helps developers to be more productive by providing reusable software.
Azure SQL Databases, Python, Redis, Ruby on Rails (RoR), Ruby, Git
The most amazing...
...piece of software I've ever built is a multiple video format encoder that provides the best video quality depending on the user's bandwidth.
- Developed and led the development of a fleet of new microservices to solve business problems around transactions, funding, promotions, fees, and many other domains.
- Led a product-focused team of five developers with consistent deliveries and real impact on the business.
- Improved operational excellence and reduced the burden of maintaining services in real time—resulting in a smaller volume of client support tickets.
- Supported and championed the implementation of the end-to-end tests using Cypress.io.
- Maintained and provided reusable dependencies and tooling used by all engineers in the organization.
- Built a video-interview platform.
- Developed and maintained back end and front end of applications.
- Implemented an Ansible solution to easily and quickly spin up new video processing servers when servers are under heavy load.
- Created features behind the feature flags—resulting in that the deployments were made as soon as possible and the features had real clients as early testers.
- Developed and maintained a Tumblr/Twitter-like application at a scale of millions of consumers per month.
- Replaced legacy software in one of the shortest timelines that the company has ever seen.
Launch of a New Product Line
Automation of Manual Processes
Previously, they took days to weeks and required a person doing time-consuming tasks like printing files, clicking checkboxes, verifying multiple data sources, and so on.
Step by step, these processes were automated until minimum acceptable work was required to keep these operational.
Private Slack Bot
Open-source Linter Extensionhttps://github.com/wealthsimple/rubocop-vendor
Video Transcoding and Bandwidth Detector
Personal eCommerce Websitehttps://github.com/cabello/django-jobim
Ruby on Rails (RoR), Django, Apache Thrift, Flask, Cypress, AngularJS
jQuery, REST APIs, React, Vue, Rails Engines, Node.js
Test-driven Development (TDD), Unit Testing, Continuous Integration (CI), Agile, Extreme Programming, E2E Testing, Continuous Delivery (CD), Management
PostgreSQL, MySQL, Redis, Azure SQL Databases, Amazon S3 (AWS S3), Amazon DynamoDB
Back-end, APIs, Agile Sprints, Technical Leadership, Integration Testing, Front-end, Team Mentoring
Amazon Web Services (AWS)
Bachelor's Degree in Computer Eningeering
Universidade Estadual de Campinas - Campinas, Brazil
Talk Master Certification