Software Engineer2015 - PRESENTWealthsimple
Technologies: Amazon Web Services (AWS), React, AngularJS, PostgreSQL, Ruby on Rails (RoR), Ruby
- Developed and led the development of a fleet of new microservices to solve business problems around transactions, funding, promotions, fees, and many other domains.
- Led a product-focused team of five developers with consistent deliveries and real impact on the business.
- Improved operational excellence and reduced the burden of maintaining services in real time—resulting in a smaller volume of client support tickets.
- Supported and championed the implementation of the end-to-end tests using Cypress.io.
- Maintained and provided reusable dependencies and tooling used by all engineers in the organization.
Software Engineer2014 - 2015Kira Talent
- Built a video-interview platform.
- Developed and maintained back end and front end of applications.
- Implemented an Ansible solution to easily and quickly spin up new video processing servers when servers are under heavy load.
- Created features behind the feature flags—resulting in that the deployments were made as soon as possible and the features had real clients as early testers.
Software Engineer2011 - 2012Yahoo!
Technologies: Apache Thrift, MySQL, PHP, Python
- Developed and maintained a Tumblr/Twitter-like application at a scale of millions of consumers per month.
- Replaced legacy software in one of the shortest timelines that the company has ever seen.